Miss California - Same Sex Marriage-Perez Hilton

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't think Ms California should be chastised for her opinions on gay marriage. At least 40% of Americans echo her feelings, they just do not go on TV and say it. However I think she is a ding dong and her stupid boob job paid for by the board made her look really bad. And her racy photos did not do anything for her. If she is not fulfilling her commitment then she should be de-throned.

I don't think Ms California should be chastised for her opinions on gay marriage. At least 40% of Americans echo her feelings, they just do not go on TV and say it. However I think she is a ding dong and her stupid boob job paid for by the board made her look really bad. And her racy photos did not do anything for her. If she is not fulfilling her commitment then she should be de-throned.

But by the same token, if she is a "ding dong" (as you put it), shouldn't we wonder about her opinions, no matter how many people say they agree?

:)

Unfortunately, Ms. Prejean's blathering and erratic behavior may make it seem that she is the problem, when in fact her opinion on gay marriage doesn't really make much sense.

But by the same token, if she is a "ding dong" (as you put it), shouldn't we wonder about her opinions, no matter how many people say they agree?

:)

Unfortunately, Ms. Prejean's blathering and erratic behavior may make it seem that she is the problem, when in fact her opinion on gay marriage doesn't really make much sense.
It's sufficient for me to say she's a hypocrit!

I guess I will be one of the few (maybe only) people that says I don't have any problems with Ms. Prejean. I have heard good and bad, but who am I to judge. There is always two sides to everything. Whether she is an idiot or not, she is a good speaker, and I don't think her getting dethroned will hurt her one bit. She will probably go on to bigger things. Sorry, JMO

I was pulled up short at Ziggy's comment that Prejean has "enemies." Such a strong word! It's clear from Ziggy's context what she meant and I'm not criticizing Ziggy.

But I hope nobody really thinks a beauty pageant contestant who goes around saying dumb things on talk shows is important enough to be anyone's "enemy."

Huh? No one need be important to have enemies. There is plenty of unwarranted hate going around don't you think? I mean, I can find examples of it daily in the news.

Now Nova, oh wise and very respected Nova - you can't REALLY believe there aren't those out there who have used strong language and said very hateful things about Ms. P. and would love nothing more than to see her go down in flames AND would be waiting for the opportunity to find the slightest "gotcha".

She's not a stellar speaker and she's let this "fame" go to her head imo. I'm not a fan for many reasons, but I also don't think the treatment of her has been fair when it comes to just letting her have her religeous opinion. It's the same opinion as many Muslims and I dare you to go around bashing their holy book.

The importance of Ms. P. in my opinion, is that she fired up a debate on a very controversial subject important to many Americans and I find it SO very interesting that our President says he's a Christian and has the same beliefs about marriage but he is spared the wrath. I just found THAT hipocritical, too. Is Obama lying? OK, if not, why aren't the same folks equally PO'd at him? Do they think he's just being a Christian poser?

So the irony continues, those who will call her a hypocrit might be thought of as one too ???

By the way, as an aside - did you read the CA Supreme Court Opinion? I thought so, but I was surprised to see that they claim the same rights are available to those in CA who wish to have a civil union relationship. Are they wrong?

Such a great post, Martha! The "Thanks" button just doesn't suffice...

I was pulled up short at Ziggy's comment that Prejean has "enemies." Such a strong word! It's clear from Ziggy's context what she meant and I'm not criticizing Ziggy.

But I hope nobody really thinks a beauty pageant contestant who goes around saying dumb things on talk shows is important enough to be anyone's "enemy."

Next they'll be calling Perez Hilton, David Letterman and Donald Trump the "Axis of Evil"! :D

I don't know what happened, but I would say she has probs. of the "Sarah Palin" variety.

Says something dumb, someone criticizes her, then gets OUTRAGED; everything gets stabilized, then she does something dumb, (nude photos), etc, someone calls her on it; OUTRAGE, I'M THE VICTIM.....OK, Trump gives her a chance, more DUMB stuff, now we hear from her lawyers, WHAT!! She didn't break her contract, she showed up for ONE speaking engagement - OUTRAGE!

Poor Carrie, she's just misunderstood....

Just like Nancy Pelosi :D Many people think she lied too about something more important than some nipples showing.

Huh? No one need be important to have enemies. There is plenty of unwarranted hate going around don't you think? I mean, I can find examples of it daily in the news.

Now Nova, oh wise and very respected Nova - you can't REALLY believe there aren't those out there who have used strong language and said very hateful things about Ms. P. and would love nothing more than to see her go down in flames AND would be waiting for the opportunity to find the slightest "gotcha".

She's not a stellar speaker and she's let this "fame" go to her head imo. I'm not a fan for many reasons, but I also don't think the treatment of her has been fair when it comes to just letting her have her religeous opinion. It's the same opinion as many Muslims and I dare you to go around bashing their holy book.

The importance of Ms. P. in my opinion, is that she fired up a debate on a very controversial subject important to many Americans and I find it SO very interesting that our President says he's a Christian and has the same beliefs about marriage but he is spared the wrath. I just found THAT hipocritical, too. Is Obama lying? OK, if not, why aren't the same folks equally PO'd at him? Do they think he's just being a Christian poser?

So the irony continues, those who will call her a hypocrit might be thought of as one too ???

By the way, as an aside - did you read the CA Supreme Court Opinion? I thought so, but I was surprised to see that they claim the same rights are available to those in CA who wish to have a civil union relationship. Are they wrong?

Wow, zig, there's a lot here, some of which has nothing to do with me, I assume, since I didn't call her a hypocrite. Personally, I don't care what pictures were taken or whether she fulfills her contract. Just don't care.

I tried to make it clear I was NOT criticizing your use of the word "enemy." I might have used the word "critics," but your post, your choice. It just struck me that if there are people out there see themselves as "enemies" of Ms. Prejean, they should relax a little and try to get a little perspective. There are plenty of people who oppose gay marriage (including posters on this forum); they are not my enemies.

Obama has his critics within the gay community and elsewhere. I am sometimes among them. But a lot of people in the gay community understand why he didn't make "gay issues" his first priority and are waiting to see what develops. A lot of others just think he is so much better than his predecessor, we should give him a pass on this. Personally, I am wary.

But more alarming to me, your mention of Obama seems to imply that all "true Christians" must oppose gay marriage or be hypocrites. This is simply not true. As I've said before, NOBODY observes all the prohibitions in the Old or New Testaments. The burden of proof should be on those who claim a few mentions of gay sex between men (and one brief mention of lesbian sex) must be specially forced on everyone today, not on those who consider the few prohibitions to be mere reflections of the authors' biases.

Finally, you asked about the Court ruling. I haven't read all of it, but what the Supremes said is technically true: California's domestic partnership statute specifically says that DPs are to have all the rights of married persons. HOWEVER, the same Court said last year that this wasn't good enough, since there are so many marriage rights, it's virtually impossible to insure that all will be afforded to DPs; moreoever, the Court said there were other problems in saying DPs are the same, but calling them by a different name. I guess this year, the justices didn't want to face recall votes initiated by those who are rabidly hateful in this area.

I think the bottom line is that Carrie Prejean made The Donald (and the whole industry that is Miss USA) look bad one too many times.

She had the right to speak her mind (narrow tho' it is IMO) on gay marriage, but she did open the door for folks who took offense to her response to start digging for Prejean dirt. They found it and The Donald cut her a break on it. Would have been the end of the current drama IF she just buckled down and fulfilled her Miss USA obligations as contracted. Instead she continued to push her luck with Trump and got called on it.

Hasn't she ever watched The Apprentice? The Donald has certain business principles (?) that he adheres to religiously. Looking bad/stupid/flighty doesn't fly with him. He cut her loose before she could do more damage and it was too late in her "reign" to stifle her.

She reminds me a bit of Kate Gosselin. So impressed by her own publicity that she doesn't notice she's pulling out her pistol and shooting herself in the foot.

According to her, she found out she was fired from reporters wanting a statement. Now why would an organization do that?

I don't have a problem with this girl. Are we supposed to believe that the same organization that paid for her boob job and passed her a Playboy offer, really cared about those pictures? Please.

According to her, she found out she was fired from reporters wanting a statement. Now why would an organization do that?

I don't have a problem with this girl. Are we supposed to believe that the same organization that paid for her boob job and passed her a Playboy offer, really cared about those pictures? Please.

I agree with you about the pics, and didn't Trump already say they were not an issue?

I suspect she got to be too much trouble for the organization OR this was simply the next step in what was always an attempt to keep the publicity flowing. Personally, I don't think anyone involved is motivated primarily by principle.

Anyway, Ms. Prejean has had her 15 minutes. If she is as talented as Vanessa Williams (and I see no reason to believe she is), we'll see her again. If not, then I probably won't remember her name in a year or so.

Either way, I hope we're all over the notion that Ms. Prejean is some sort of victim of conscience. :rolleyes:

I agree with you about the pics, and didn't Trump already say they were not an issue?

I suspect she got to be too much trouble for the organization OR this was simply the next step in what was always an attempt to keep the publicity flowing. Personally, I don't think anyone involved is motivated primarily by principle.

Anyway, Ms. Prejean has had her 15 minutes. If she is as talented as Vanessa Williams (and I see no reason to believe she is), we'll see her again. If not, then I probably won't remember her name in a year or so.

Either way, I hope we're all over the notion that Ms. Prejean is some sort of victim of conscience. :rolleyes:

Yeah, she will be OK- life will go on!

Her texts were rude.

I saw Keith on TV last night and he was rude. I have no doubt he did things to mess with her and she bit back. They were both rude.

I think there are two sides to the story with each party bearing some responsibility. She should have followed her contract to the tee and he should have not tried to humiliate her by doing things like asking her to go to a same sex West Hollywood party "unofficially". They hated each other and all over a question in a beauty pageant.

Wow. Did anyone read her texts? Her texts show real arrogance - no surprise she's gone. (Read from bottom.)

http://jezebel.com/5287138/carrie-prejeans-emails-reveal-poor-character-spelling

Wow, indeed. Who among us would not be fired for writing in that manner to someone who is essentially our boss, and for refusing to follow the company rules? I'm not surprised they terminated her contract.

As for her spelling and grammar, etc. (which you didn't criticize, Trino, but the link does), I don't find it any worse than that of most people her age.

Her texts were rude.

I saw Keith on TV last night and he was rude. I have no doubt he did things to mess with her and she bit back. They were both rude.

I think there are two sides to the story with each party bearing some responsibility. She should have followed her contract to the tee and he should have not tried to humiliate her by doing things like asking her to go to a same sex West Hollywood party "unofficially". They hated each other and all over a question in a beauty pageant.

MG, I was responding to Trino at the same time you were.

I'm sure you're right: there are two sides here, as there almost always are in labor disputes. But absent a strong union, such disputes are almost never resolved in favor of the employee.

I have always been both, intriuged and dissapointed with beauty pagents on the whole. It is my oppinion that too much is often given to "Beauty" ... Personally, she lost me when she accepted her gift of *advertiser censored*. I am using the word "gift" loosely.

Is Keith Lewis gay? Looks like they had serious issues; but couldn't they have sat down and talked and worked out what her schedule would be?

Who was the boss? Doesn't look like it was MIss Carrie MeMEAN.

Prejean could have just lied on her answer about gay marriage to make everyone happy. I could care less what Perez Hilton thinks. Of course he is going to dislike her comment but you know what, gay marriage is not accepted by many anyways.

Prejean could have just lied on her answer about gay marriage to make everyone happy. I could care less what Perez Hilton thinks. Of course he is going to dislike her comment but you know what, gay marriage is not accepted by many anyways.
Speak for yourself.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momo1
Back