Miss California - Same Sex Marriage-Perez Hilton

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The same OT passages that condemn homosexuality also condemn the "sin of Onan," or masturbation. (Technically, male masturbation only, since most ancient cultures weren't concerned with what women did out of the presence of men.) The ancient Hebrews, a smallish tribe surrounded by hostile neighbors in Canaan and needing to keep up their birth rate, were very concerned that male seed not be wasted.

(Since they lived before the scientific era, they had no way of knowing that semen is pretty much infinitely renewable. It was more or less a "magical" substance to them. And they had no concept of ovaries and egg production; hence, the lack of concern for what women did when alone (not that female masturbation wastes eggs).)

I don't see anything hypocritical, per se, in making a sex tape and then later opposing gay marriage.

But as others pointed out above, invoking scriptural authority to condemn homosexuality is hypocritical, sex tape or no, because NOBODY follows all of those ancicent prohibitions. (Whether Miss Prejean herself invoked the OT, I can't recall.)

That was a very good post, Nova! Though I don't exactly think that masturbation is a sin (I'm a guy, & I do it sometimes).:)

Though I can only hope that all the bashing against Carrie would stop & that everything would all go back to normal.

She won't do this. She is probably the most well-known former beauty queen our country has ever produced. I think she will use that platform to further her career - and I don't blame her for that!

I wouldn't blame her for that, either, honestly.:)

:hand:Hey, let's not insult my whole state because of one vain, lying, hypocritical blonde!

She makes me look fantastic by comparison! I'm petite, brunette, and Jewish, and yes I'm a California Girl!;)

You were excluded in my mind Lina!:hand:

Maybe Carrie is only one of a couple of girls from California with those traits..:angel:

That was a very good post, Nova! Though I don't exactly think that masturbation is a sin (I'm a guy, & I do it sometimes).:)

Though I can only hope that all the bashing against Carrie would stop & that everything would all go back to normal.

I wouldn't blame her for that, either, honestly.:)

Thanks, Garland. I don't think masturbation is a sin, either. But then I don't think any consensual sex between adults--or by an adult alone--is a sin.

Everyone accepts that at least some proscriptions deemed important by the ancient Hebrews needn't apply to people of later times and/or different cultures.

Most of us wouldn't dream of forcing Jews, say, to be Baptized and take Communion. Why do we demand that non-believing gay people obey a couple of brief prohibitions on homosexuality?

No Nova...you used the emoticons effectively, I just wanted to say more than I originally said.

And I'll give you your point on articulation. She could have explained why she thought that in a much better way. It's her treatment after the drama that I hate. And then I think that both sides were angry and things escalated. And for me, it is not just about this issue. I don't want anyone to be so afraid of certain reactions that they simply will not say how they feel out of fear.

Carrie may very well be vain, silly and self involved. We are talking California!

I don't want to stifle free speech either, MG. But we can't further the cause of free speech by condemning those who respond to speech with speech of their own.

I just saw clips of Prejean on LKL and Today: she's a clown and her own worst enemy.

Yes, Prejean's opposition to gay marriage was bound to cause a reaction, especially in the heated atmosphere of the time.

But much of the adverse response that followed was inspired more by her attitude than her politics. She is very self-entitled and insufferably condescending to anyone who asks a question she doesn't want to (or doesn't know how to) answer. Any one of us would have been fired for speaking to our boss the way she spoke to hers.

Thanks, Garland. I don't think masturbation is a sin, either. But then I don't think any consensual sex between adults--or by an adult alone--is a sin.

Everyone accepts that at least some proscriptions deemed important by the ancient Hebrews needn't apply to people of later times and/or different cultures.

Most of us wouldn't dream of forcing Jews, say, to be Baptized and take Communion. Why do we demand that non-believing gay people obey a couple of brief prohibitions on homosexuality?
[/U]

God love us, but we are so ridiculous sometimes. We cherry pick from the Bible and can't admit it. We justify outrageous behavior and call it holy. And then we wonder why we're having a difficult time bringing about God's will "on Earth as it is in Heaven."

God love us, but we are so ridiculous sometimes. We cherry pick from the Bible and can't admit it. We justify outrageous behavior and call it holy. And then we wonder why we're having a difficult time bringing about God's will "on Earth as it is in Heaven."

Amen!

I think one reason it may seem that pro-gay marriage advocates are "picking on" the antis is that the latter really don't have any good arguments.

As we've discussed, invoking Biblical authority is to cherry pick scripture to suit one's bias. And anyway, in this country, we supposedly don't force non-believers to follow our religious practices by law.

The "slippery slope" argument has been answered time and again: allowing any two consenting adults to marry does not open a door to group marriage or non-consensual behavior with children, animals, etc.

Arguments against allowing gays the same tax and/or insurance advantages that are given to straights who wed are so patently unfair, they don't resonate well with Americans. With all our faults, we Americans do at least try to be fair.

Yes, heterosexual marriage is traditional. But so were slavery and the deflowering of virgin peasants by the lord of the manor ("droit du seigneur") and we somehow managed to throw off those customs. Moreover, the economic underpinnings that supported heterosexual marriage no longer apply in most cases: a wife is no longer an indentured servant *advertiser censored* brood mare required to keep the farm going.

Gay marriage doesn't undermine straight marriage; if anything, it further supports the concept of marriage by respecting it. And if society gains stability by pairing off folks two-by-two (and since we lack traditional clan structures, it does), then that is true for gay couples as well as straight.

So the public campaign against gay marriage is reduced to outright lies and scare tactics such as those that claim churches will be forced to marry gay couples at their altars and kindergarteners will be taught the graphic details of gay sexual practicies.

It's no wonder those who oppose gay marriage encounter ridicule!

I don't want to stifle free speech either, MG. But we can't further the cause of free speech by condemning those who respond to speech with speech of their own.

I just saw clips of Prejean on LKL and Today: she's a clown and her own worst enemy.

Yes, Prejean's opposition to gay marriage was bound to cause a reaction, especially in the heated atmosphere of the time.

But much of the adverse response that followed was inspired more by her attitude than her politics. She is very self-entitled and insufferably condescending to anyone who asks a question she doesn't want to (or doesn't know how to) answer. Any one of us would have been fired for speaking to our boss the way she spoke to hers.
And... more inappropriate than Larry Kings asking her about it, is the fact that she made 8 sex tapes- 8 when she was 20!!! That's not just an Oops!:doh:

And... more inappropriate than Larry Kings asking her about it, is the fact that she made 8 sex tapes- 8 when she was 20!!! That's not just an Oops!:doh:

I'm sorry to be rude, LinasK, but Miss Prejean already explained that mentioning anything she doesn't want mentioned is inappropriate! You should be ashamed!

:)

What do you mean by that?

It was a joke. I was mocking Prejean's insistence to Larry King that HE was being "inappropriate" (Prejean's word) because he asked a question she didn't want to answer.

In fact, LK was doing his job.

I trust LinasK knew whom I was satirizing. If not, Linas, I am sorry.

It was a joke. I was mocking Prejean's insistence to Larry King that HE was being "inappropriate" (Prejean's word) because he asked a question she didn't want to answer.

In fact, LK was doing his job.

I trust LinasK knew whom I was satirizing. If not, Linas, I am sorry.
I got it! I was LOL when I read it, I just didn't get around to responding with the appropropriate emoticon-:slap: or:croc:! But Nova, you are my hero on more than one thread- you are truly eloquent in the ideas you convey.

I got it! I was LOL when I read it, I just didn't get around to responding with the appropropriate emoticon-:slap: or:croc:! But Nova, you are my hero on more than one thread- you are truly eloquent in the ideas you convey.

Aw, shucks, ma'am! You are indeed too kind!

:blowkiss:

"Miss Prejean" (aaaaccccckkkkkk... gag gag) is a WASTE - A HUGE WASTE of skin.

Hahaha... of yeah! She's certainly NOT a mental giant.

Yes, she clearly is in over her head. Of course, she has herself to blame, but the media's willingness to treat anyone with a big mouth as if he or she were an expert is also at fault.

I felt some support for Carrie at first. I think a lot of us did. At the contest she answered: "I think it's great that Americans are able to choose one way or the other. We live in a land where you can choose same-sex marriage or opposite marriage... But... I believe marriage should be between a man and a woman."

Carrie did pretty well for being put on the spot, and we all know Perez Hilton is a jerk anyway. It was her opinion, and she implied that she was at least tolerant of same-sex marriage.

However, after the Pageant certain religious groups dangled a carrot in front of her, and suddenly she became an "Anti Same-Sex Marriage" crusader/poster-girl. So, although Carrie said it's great to have the right to choose, she doesn't believe in a choice at all, especially when it benefits her whims (and '15' minutes).

Then there were the email exchanges between Carrie and the Pageant. She was still Miss California, after Trump let her keep the crown, but she was dictating to the Pageant what she wanted to do! The Pageant was trying to go along with her demands, but Carrie was being a total brat, to say the least!

Here's just one of her emails:

"You do not cooperate with me, and you pick and chose the the things YOU want me to do. That is not happening anymore. Stop speaking for me. I have MY own voice. What are u gonna do fire me for volunteering for the special olympics hahaha ur crazy No I am doing this appearance. You do not need details. Its for the SPECIAL OLYMPICS!!! You just need to know I will be doing it alright"

These "pageants" are all so ridiculous anyways!
Look at little Jonbenet Ramsey and that case, dressing a little girl up in that attire!
These type Pageants, IMO, give off the wrong "ideals" of what women should be.
Not everyone wants to prance around in evening gowns or bathing suits and look like Barbie dolls. It gives young girls the wrong impression, and can lead to eating disorders and other not healthy behavior.

They should make other types of contests for women instead of "who's the hotest".
They'll say anything to win whether or not they really believe it.
Now look at Prejean where her past comes back to nip her in the butt.

I felt some support for Carrie at first. I think a lot of us did. At the contest she answered: "I think it's great that Americans are able to choose one way or the other. We live in a land where you can choose same-sex marriage or opposite marriage... But... I believe marriage should be between a man and a woman."

Carrie did pretty well for being put on the spot, and we all know Perez Hilton is a jerk anyway. It was her opinion, and she implied that she was at least tolerant of same-sex marriage.

However, after the Pageant certain religious groups dangled a carrot in front of her, and suddenly she became an "Anti Same-Sex Marriage" crusader/poster-girl. So, although Carrie said it's great to have the right to choose, she doesn't believe in a choice at all, especially when it benefits her whims (and '15' minutes).

Then there were the email exchanges between Carrie and the Pageant. She was still Miss California, after Trump let her keep the crown, but she was dictating to the Pageant what she wanted to do! The Pageant was trying to go along with her demands, but Carrie was being a total brat, to say the least!

Here's just one of her emails:

"You do not cooperate with me, and you pick and chose the the things YOU want me to do. That is not happening anymore. Stop speaking for me. I have MY own voice. What are u gonna do fire me for volunteering for the special olympics hahaha ur crazy No I am doing this appearance. You do not need details. Its for the SPECIAL OLYMPICS!!! You just need to know I will be doing it alright"

Great post, mister happy!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo
Back