Missing 8 mo Pregnant Marine Maria Frances Lauterbach- NC #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
it was definately Maria in at the ATM, imo...she didn't "look" threatened to me...she looks behind her at one point, which i always do, if i use an ATM where you have to walk up to it.....i very seldom use those kinds for that reason...instead i always use the drive-up kind...safer, imo.....

You just made me think of a question:
Since she's pregs, wouldn't she park as close as possible?
I know I always park closest poss and I'm not even preggers!

It looks as though there might be some parking
available right in front of the ATM.

Or was someone else waiting for her in the car?
Someone who purposely avoided parking right in front?

Come to think of it, the lot looked just as empty
when CL used her card at that ATM on Christmas Eve! :furious:

Great job, USMCWife :) and thanks so much! Yes, it does look like her.

You know, which makes me wonder, what the heck did Maria HAVE to wear while she was on base????
There are many, many married women in our Armed Forces and in each branch they do make Maternity wear for them.

Here's another one of Maria walking away from the ATM: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/devildogs_doll/maria2.jpg She definitely has the funny-looking WM (Woman Marine) bun going on. They even have very specific ways of wearing their hair. Looks like she just came from work and changed...or she got so used to wearing her hair that way that she made it a habit. You can tell from the side that the woman is either heavy-set or pregnant. I'm certain this is Maria.

I did this from the AMW videos. Just used the Screen Capture function, opened it in paint, saved it, and then transferred to another photo-editing program to darken/sharpen/contrast it a bit so the photo is a little more clear.

I'm at your service if anyone has any other photos they want captured/clarified for analysis. :)

Thanks USMCWife!
I've never used Paint, but I can see how it definitely comes in handy, particularly that type of footage!

I may need to call on you in future ~~ If so, I'll PM.

About Dayton ~~ Is that the name of a school?

She didn't look threatened to me either, however she may have been looking around since she was withdrawing a large amount of cash and had to walk away with it.

exactly....when i use those kind of ATMs (the kind you walk up to) i'm always conscious of my surroundings, looking around, to make sure no one is walking up behind me...i would think a person would be even more conscious of their surrroundings when withdrawing a large sum of money....the ATM video of Maria doesn't look the least bit suspicious to me....

I was thinking that too ~ it was the amount of cash.

Speaking of the money, maybe USMCWife can answer this ~ isn't $700.00 a lot of money to be pulling out of her bank account on payday? I guess what I'm trying to ask is how much would she have been paid and would she have a lot to spend on "whatever"?

Dec. 14th is the day before payday, but the pay usually hits early. Especially before a weekend. Being an E-3 (Lance Corporal), she probably made about $1,501.20 per paycheck (http://www.dfas.mil/militarypay/newinformation/WebPayTableVersion2006updated.pdf). Since she put in for off-base housing, she would also be eligible for BAH (Basic Allowance for Housing). 2007 rates were $670 for an E-3 with no dependents (children - you do not get extra pay for housing until you actually have the child). Source here: http://images.military.com/ContenFiles/2007-BAH-without-dependents.pdf - The extra BAH is only applied ONCE per month...and that pay is before other deductions.

So, no, $700 is actually a very conservative amount for someone planning to leave and not return. If you were going to leave unauthorized and know the Marine Corps could track your bank activity, wouldn't you actually go IN to the branch and withdraw more? I'm surprised she took out that amount, though, because I was under the impression you couldn't draw any more than $400 at a time. Maybe her credit union worked differently.

I would think she would have taken the whole amount if she were going to seriously run away.

Thanks USMCWife!
I've never used Paint, but I can see how it definitely comes in handy, particularly that type of footage!

I may need to call on you in future ~~ If so, I'll PM.

About Dayton ~~ Is that the name of a school?

The University of Dayton is there. I had a friend that went there. It could be considered a college sweatshirt. :)

USMC:

You rock!! Thank you so much for all of your important information that you are relaying to us!!!! I had to start crying when I opened the link on the "cammies". Thought of Maria and the baby.

Sorry on that last pic that I posted...I enlarged the other one and forgot to enlarge the 2nd one. If anyone sees anything they want to see closer-up, I can enlarge.

. . . So, no, $700 is actually a very conservative amount for someone planning to leave and not return. If you were going to leave unauthorized and know the Marine Corps could track your bank activity, wouldn't you actually go IN to the branch and withdraw more? I'm surprised she took out that amount, though, because I was under the impression you couldn't draw any more than $400 at a time. Maybe her credit union worked differently.

I would think she would have taken the whole amount if she were going to seriously run away.

Exactly what I was wondering!

Are there any banks that allow you to
withdraw $700 on one day at an ATM? :confused:

Dec. 14th is the day before payday, but the pay usually hits early. Especially before a weekend. Being an E-3 (Lance Corporal), she probably made about $1,501.20 per paycheck (http://www.dfas.mil/militarypay/newinformation/WebPayTableVersion2006updated.pdf). Since she put in for off-base housing, she would also be eligible for BAH (Basic Allowance for Housing). 2007 rates were $670 for an E-3 with no dependents (children - you do not get extra pay for housing until you actually have the child). Source here: http://images.military.com/ContenFiles/2007-BAH-without-dependents.pdf

So, no, $700 is actually a very conservative amount for someone planning to leave and not return. If you were going to leave unauthorized and know the Marine Corps could track your bank activity, wouldn't you actually go IN to the branch and withdraw more? I'm surprised she took out that amount, though, because I was under the impression you couldn't draw any more than $400 at a time. Maybe her credit union worked differently.

That really helped me so much! Ever since we heard of that withdrawl, I was thinking it was a lot of money ~ maybe I should be in the military!! :)

I agree based on how much she did get, it sure doesn't look like she intended to go AWOL, like her note indicated, unless that was all she could withdraw in a single day. When he used her ATM card on the 24th, it was for $400., so maybe he too thought that's all he could get.

USMC:

You rock!! Thank you so much for all of your important information that you are relaying to us!!!! I had to start crying when I opened the link on the "cammies". Thought of Maria and the baby.

You're welcome!

I got choked up when I saw the ATM photos of Maria...just thinking that those were the last photos of her before she died. :(

Exactly what I was wondering!

Are there any banks that allow you to
withdraw $700 on one day at an ATM? :confused:
Yes there are. A friend had a small-business account and the business ATM card allowed for up to $800. per day. Personal accounts usually are only up to $500. though.

That really helped me so much! Ever since we heard of that withdrawl, I was thinking it was a lot of money ~ maybe I should be in the military!! :)

I agree based on how much she did get, it sure doesn't look like she intended to go AWOL, like her note indicated, unless that was all she could withdraw in a single day. When he used her ATM card on the 24th, it was for $400., so maybe he too thought that's all he could get.

Good thinking! I'll bet that's exactly what happened. I'm still in shock that he would steal from her account after murdering her and her unborn child. Does he have no conscience whatsoever?

On the other hand, that first letter does seem to have a straight-down part (versus a curved part) next to the "A"

Right, and the only letters in the alphabet with a straight side are
H M N W

Good thinking! I'll bet that's exactly what happened. I'm still in shock that he would steal from her account after murdering her and her unborn child. Does he have no conscience whatsoever?
I don't think he has a conscience. Look where he "buried" her and then had a BBQ. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee