Missing 8 mth pregnant Marine Maria Frances Lauterbach- NC #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow-my guess was that the witness was the wife, and I wonder if she has the baby?? And that was what convinced LE that Maria was dead?

wow, we are getting into some wild speculation here. The reporter on Larry King has confirmed that wife was the "witness" and she brought the note in that said that she had killed herself and the suspect had buried her in the backyard.

Since the sheriff said in the morning press conference that the witness "unidentified" at that time was NOT a suspect, and also said tonight that she was not in any protective custody(and by inference not in custody at all), I DOUBT she showed up with the baby, or she would be in custody.

I don't think they know if the baby is with Maria- I thought they suspended the recovery until they have sunlight?

They should sue the USMC and also Sheriff Brown and his department for their incompetence....:furious:

Just asked a friend of mine who is an attorney and he said it is virtually impossible to sue the military....why?? He didn't have time to explain it to me. Anyone know?

Have these people thought, i dunno, maybe they could set up a few electric lights so they can dig this poor woman up?

Could this be the reason it is stated she was found and not she and baby were found.

Fran I know what you mean sometimes it is so hard for me too to ask something.

Right, that's my supposition.
They stated "her" body, not her and the baby.
They stated two places in the house where there is blood evidence. Hence, slit her throat in the garage, hence somewhere in the other room,???
They stated that this is a bizarre case.
They stated that it is much more than a murder investigation.

I gather we will know more in the AM:confused:

Just asked a friend of mine who is an attorney and he said it is virtually impossible to sue the military....why?? He didn't have time to explain it to me. Anyone know?

http://www.militarydef.com/ask_judge.html

I want to sue the military.

Hello, the short answer is that you cannot sue the military. It's called "sovereign immunity". It means that your warm body belongs to them and lawsuits are not permitted. It's also called the FERES doctrine.

The fact that the Nation does not permit lawsuits is a little-understood matter. We aren't surprised that you did not know this. However, it's a reality of life.

For you and your situation, what this means is that the USA doesn't consent to be sued for matters relating to military members. Hurt in battle? You can't sue the commander. Negligent pilot causing plane crash that injured you for life? Same answer. Don't want to go into "illegal" war? Ditto. And so it goes.

I stand with you Indy, I hope I havent offended anyone. IT just so hard when there is so much you read and you think "that could NEVER happen" to keep from speculating in cases such as this... especially when there are so many missing links AND A sherriff that has said "I have a feeling this case will be very bizare, beyond just a murder and burial"

It also doesn't help me that sheriff said he wants to cry.
Where was his compassion before? Why didn't he lean on the suspect?
Apparently bc the suspect's lawyer was staring at him???

Have these people thought, i dunno, maybe they could set up a few electric lights so they can dig this poor woman up?

IMO, they're dealing with charred remains in a dirt hole. With artificial light, it would be very difficult to be sure that they're getting every bit of evidence. Daylight will be much better and leave nothing to chance.

I can't remember his exact words, but he said they didn't want to miss any piece of evidence.

Makes sense to me. Plus, they're using this time to do the evidence search and gathering inside the house. Looks like it's going to take them the whole night, and maybe even then some.

fran

Sorry to those I may have offened by guessing the what ifs.

Don't worry about it, Indy Gal. You didn't say anything that anyone else wasn't thinking. That's why we're here, to throw theories and speculations out there.

:blowkiss:

JMHO
fran

Thanks, Izzy and Fran...I remember this now.

My friend I was talking to is in the Dayton area and he said it's all over the news up there...he said the USMC deserves to be sued in this instance but there is no way to do it.

Sorry to those I may have offened by guessing the what ifs.

Honey, this case has gotten to me so badly I can't even say. I fear to post much tonight.. too many mojitos and too much sadness and anger.

Indy, Fran, all, you mean so much to us. Please discuss your thoughts. Somehow, it helps me to know that others are just as outraged and hurt about the way this case has gone as I am and have been for some time. That's what WS is... We Share :)

Hugs:blowkiss: ,
Maria

I have a gut feeling she conforted him about the child and he lost it. That and he Mom telling her to give the baby up for adoption.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff