Missing Cell Phones #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be ironic if it were a prepaid phone and she used the last minute to make that now famous call.

I don't think she made the call. I think she was on the porch with her neighbor, outside drinking and "someone" known or unknown to her, used the phone to call that number to say " I got the kid". Fifty seconds is a short call. She may have been outside fully aware that someone was coming in to take Lisa, or she was outside and the intruder knew where she was and took that opportunity to take the baby and the phones. She may have been drunk and never checked the counter to see if the phones were there before she went to bed, never checked on Lisa, just got the other kids, and the kitten and off to bed. So was it a sure way to have an alibi and never thought the person who came in for Lisa would be dumb enough to use the phone? Or was it a kidnapping and she just slept though it all? IDK. I am leaning towards one, but will keep my opinion to myself.

The phone call was reportedly between 8 and 8:30 pm. DB was not sleeping yet.
She and her neighbor were supposedly sitting on the front steps drinking. 3 children were inside watching a fairy tale movie and so I fail to see how any sort of intruder could have gotten into the house.

Does anyone have a link to the information where JI says he was due home at 10:30, but had to work later? Wasn't it in this article or video that JI supposedly said he couldn't call and tell DB because the phones were restricted?

(I haven't seen that myself, so I'd like to see exactly what was said.)

what a circus...

Ok I have two thoughts ( if there's an 8pm call....)

The first one being really scary....the perp was already in Debra's home and used the phone and was there waiting until the coast was clear to leave with Lisa.

or Debra was already drunk and forgot the "plan" so she called MW

Does anyone have a link to the information where JI says he was due home at 10:30, but had to work later? Wasn't it in this article or video that JI supposedly said he couldn't call and tell DB because the phones were restricted?

(I haven't seen that myself, so I'd like to see exactly what was said.)

i believe that was in People. i'm not sure that the entire article has been posted online but i think the People thread is your best bet :)

So, has there been any confirmation that any of these phones were 'prepaid' phones? Or were they on a contract plan?

The phone call was reportedly between 8 and 8:30 pm. DB was not sleeping yet.
She and her neighbor were supposedly sitting on the front steps drinking. 3 children were inside watching a fairy tale movie and so I fail to see how any sort of intruder could have gotten into the house.

Baby Lisa was in her room, wasn't she put to bed at 6:30? So a person could have come into the house while she was outside and slipped into the baby room and back out. I am not sure of the house layout, but they may have been able to get by the kids if they were watching a movie. Like I said, this could have been planned to look like a kidnapping or it was a crime of opportunity and mom looks bad because of the drinking and the cell phones being taken. Did they find anything in the dumpster? Maybe they burned the cell phone?

I am so confused!!! DB said that the phones were restricted and couldn't make outgoing calls, but then runs frantically around the house looking for the cell phones to call 911?? Did the cell company tell her - oh but if you need to call 911, that still works. :bang:

I am so confused!!! DB said that the phones were restricted and couldn't make outgoing calls, but then runs frantically around the house looking for the cell phones to call 911?? Did the cell company tell her - oh but if you need to call 911, that still works. :bang:

"Oh, and of course, you can still call the flop house critters. But that's all...just 911 and flop-house critters. Don't even try calling your husband, because that's right out!." :floorlaugh:

The curious part is in the October 31st article of People. There is a thread here for that issue of People.

JI said he was supposed to be done his job at 10:00 and he basically said he couldn't call home because the cell phones were restricted, meaning they didn't take incoming calls. I think someone screwed up the story because wasn't it said that the phones just couldn't call out but could take incoming calls?

Totally random: But everyone keeps talking about how DB & JI said the phones were on restricted access during the 8:30pm phone call. To get the phones back into fully functioning mode all they needed to do was pay the bill, correct? All someone would need to do is call the "pay my bill" number go through the prompts and bam bill is paid and working. Their account information is saved, you hit 1 a few times and the bill is paid and the phone is working again. I don't think we should dismiss the option that someone else could have taken the phone, paid the bill and used it. Granted they would have to know that the phones had restricted service due to nonpayment.

Totally random: But everyone keeps talking about how DB & JI said the phones were on restricted access during the 8:30pm phone call. To get the phones back into fully functioning mode all they needed to do was pay the bill, correct? All someone would need to do is call the "pay my bill" number go through the prompts and bam bill is paid and working. Their account information is saved, you hit 1 a few times and the bill is paid and the phone is working again. I don't think we should dismiss the option that someone else could have taken the phone, paid the bill and used it. Granted they would have to know that the phones had restricted service due to nonpayment.

The odds of that happening would be astronomical, imo.

confused again. I am not sure if anyone here is paying bills or getting paid, being suddenly sponsored by wealthy benefactors or working pro bono. Everything is so secretive. What i really want to know is- WHERE IS BABY LISA???:banghead:

I hope this is not off topic, but I read the quote below on the thread re: the dumpster fire, and I wonder if one of the three missing cell phones could have been used to call in the dumpster fire (~2:20 a.m.):

Originally Posted by marycarney
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but SOMEWHERE (CNN maybe?) a commenter mentioned that the phone that made the 911 call reporting the dumpster fire has never been used since. Anyone remember this bit of info?

bbm.

Does anyone remember anything about this? is there a link somewhere?

Thanks very much, in advance. . . .

Or perhaps DB did it herself while she was admittedly drunk and did not remember.

Wouldn't there be a record of that? The person who paid over the phone would have to either use their credit card or an ACH from their bank account.

The odds of that happening would be astronomical, imo.

I agree, but the odds of someone coming into their unlocked house, turning all the lights on, on JI's first night working overnight and kidnapping Lisa are pretty slim, too.

Honestly nothing in this case makes any sense. I just want Lisa found, preferably safely with a loving family that doesn't know she was kidnapped.

Wouldn't there be a record of that? The person who paid over the phone would have to either use their credit card or an ACH from their bank account.

It would really be unusual for a random person to pay someone else's phone bill I believe. Also, if someone had stolen the phones, how likely would they be to pay the bill?

I have seen these prepaid Visa cards at Walmart where you put money on them and then use them like a debit card. Do you have to give a name when you buy those? If not, and somebody DID pay the bill with one of those, it doesn't seem that it would be traceable.

Yes, in this scenario, they'd be using the bank account previously used by JI or DB to pay the bill. I'm sure the police have been monitoring their accounts, so if something like this did happen they are well aware, we just are not.

This is just another option on how a cell phone call was made from a "restricted" phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nat Dru