Missing cell phones

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of connections to MW whose phone received th 50 second call.. Please go down to comments and read the very first one.. I believe it's a bingo on the connection..
http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-ba...-brothers-canceled-attorney/story?id=14834151

Though I know I can't accept those comments as fact, they do tie all this in pretty clearly. IMO

The pink haired woman should be sleuthable. IMO she is tied into the investigation and is giving some wishy washy blanket statements.

I want to know who the ex is?

Funny that this phone call was'nt found out to be some senior lady living 50 miles away, but a young woman of the same age range as the rents, that has also been thru baby Lisa's neighborhood. And currently lives in the area.hmmm..

Again to many coincidences to be coincidental. IMO

Though I know I can't accept those comments as fact, they do tie all this in pretty clearly. IMO

The pink haired woman should be sleuthable. IMO she is tied into the investigation and is giving some wishy washy blanket statements.

I want to know who the ex is?

Funny that this phone call was'nt found out to be some senior lady living 50 miles away, but a young woman of the same age range as the rents, that has also been thru baby Lisa's neighborhood. And currently lives in the area.hmmm..

Again to many coincidences to be coincidental. IMO

I can't post the link because it was from another discussion forum I was reading last night, so of course I can't confirm the details yet from a MSM source, but someone listed a name of the alleged ex as having the initials SJ (not listing the full name since it's unconfirmed) and said he was connected to JI through work somehow. I hope we get more info from the media by early next week.

BBM

Did I miss something? How do we know this, LA?

I fixed my post to reflect the correct initials of this woman.

A call was made from one of the missing cell phones to MW's cell. I heard the LE captain state that a call from the home was made at 2:38 AM. I suppose I am just assuming this is the call.

I really should say IIRC on the LE captains statement because it was a live PC I heard it on. A reporter asked him about it. It might have been the PC where the captain stated that the parents were no longer cooperating.

MOO

It sound like there was a 50 second call to pink hair punk girl from a DB/JI cell phone AND an incoming text @2:30am "are u ready to go" to one of the missing cell phone.

It sound like there was a 50 second call to pink hair punk girl from a DB/JI cell phone AND an incoming text @2:30am "are u ready to go" to one of the missing cell phones.

The text was never confirmed in MSM so it would be considered rumour at this point.

If JI could use work cell phone - then why didn't he call DB to let her know he would not be home at 10:30pm, as working till 3am .... Or use a buddies phone to alert DB or the neighbor?

Who is JT? Is this the drinking neighbors husband - who was not allowed home that night. Did he work with JI? Are we speculating that he was pink hair punk girls bf?

I was trying to confirm tonight what someone had mentioned, about being able to call/text on a disconnected iPhone ~ and yes you can! :confused:

I upgraded to the iPhone 4s when it came out, and I have my old 3GS iPhone sitting here with me (with no service) that I charged up, connected to wi-fi and added a free app that gives you free texting and free starter minutes for calls (then you can buy 200 minutes for $4).

This is interesting - this phone doesn't have service, but I sent some texts and made a call. Maybe this is common knowledge to people who have their cells shut off. Learn something new every day.

So I guess we can conclude, that yes disconnected iPhones still have the ability to make calls.

I've know all along that it was possible because my ex-DIL used to text me all the time but couldn't call because her phone was disconnected. Also a young man we once had in foster care uses a pay as you go phone and even when he doesn't have minutes to make calls he can still text.
You can also text with an ipod or ipad if you have wifi access and I still think that reflection in the glass window when Deb is taking the photo of all three kids, is an android or iphone
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/textfree-voice-free-text-calls/id399355755?mt=8 and of course you can test from your computer using yahoo messeger or through your service provider online.

jT = Jersey

I think yesterday at the beginning of this thread we went back to the videos for what was said, and they said the call was from one of the *missing* phones, making it *not* JIs work phone.

Now, whether these statements are accurate or not is a whole 'nother question, but that is what was said, I believe.

The story though is that the DB's father phone wasn't supposed to have service either. DB & JI have maintained throughout that they only had restricted or no service on the 3 phones in the home.

i have not read an article where the parents say the phone lent to them was known to have no service. I've looked for an article where they talk about the third phone but i didn't find any.

Not positive if we know for sure which cell phone made the call to MW, we have been theorizing what if the call to her was placed from the work phone.

I think the call to MW came from the stolen phone that was lent to the parents by a family member.

Not sure if this makes any difference but I just wanted to comment that my husband has a personal cell phone that we regularly call his "work phone". This is pretty common for people in the construction or handyman business. So just because someone says "work phone", it does not necessarily mean it's a business-issued phone.

i have not read an article where the parents say the phone lent to them was known to have no service. I've looked for an article where they talk about the third phone but i didn't find any.

That's right and it stands to reason that if your daughter's cell phone had been disconnected from lack of payment, you would let her borrow one of the phones on your account. I've done this for an ex girlfriend of my son. She had some difficulties and could no longer afford her cell phone so she had to cut service. Since she lived alone, I loaned her an extra phone from our account in case of an emergency. She used it a few months and then returned it. If there was no land line at the house, the grandfather may have wanted DB to have the ability to call in the event of an emergency.

If JI could use work cell phone - then why didn't he call DB to let her know he would not be home at 10:30pm, as working till 3am .... Or use a buddies phone to alert DB or the neighbor?

Who is JT? Is this the drinking neighbors husband - who was not allowed home that night. Did he work with JI? Are we speculating that he was pink hair punk girls bf?

The only JT I've seen is lawyer Joe. Is there another person involved with those initials?

That's right and it stands to reason that if your daughter's cell phone had been disconnected from lack of payment, you would let her borrow one of the phones on your account. I've done this for an ex girlfriend of my son. She had some difficulties and could no longer afford her cell phone so she had to cut service. Since she lived alone, I loaned her an extra phone from our account in case of an emergency. She used it a few months and then returned it. If there was no land line at the house, the grandfather may have wanted DB to have the ability to call in the event of an emergency.

Right, it makes sense to do so (although it would make even more sense to pay the darn phone bill imo).

But it would still make a lie out of the statements about the cell phones. They were specific enough that the phones had no service and that's why JI could not call DB and tell her he would work late. It would IMO be a lie if DB had a phone with service even if it was technically the grandfather's property.

Edit: another thing that would be a lie if the grandfather's phone was active is the statements that it was impossible for the call to have been made from the stolen cell phones because they had no service. If one of them had it's not impossible at all.

I haven't seen confirmation that the phone lent to the parents by their family member was or was not active.

I am assuming that it was active and it was the phone used to call MW - unless or until I see confirmation otherwise

edit: I don't know if the parents actually knew for a fact - the status of the phone lent to them.

I haven't seen confirmation that the phone lent to the parents by their family member was or was not active.

I am assuming that it was active and it was the phone used to call MW - unless or until I see confirmation otherwise

edit: I don't know if the parents actually knew for a fact - the status of the phone lent to them.

I assume it was active too because I don't see what the point would be otherwise. "Dear daughter, I know your cell phone account is inactive, so here's another dead phone for you to add to your collection". :waitasec:

I assume it was active too because I don't see what the point would be otherwise. "Dear daughter, I know your cell phone account is inactive, so here's another dead phone for you to add to your collection". :waitasec:

My thoughts exactly! Although, these people, and this case, seem to make "not a bit of sense" to me!

If in fact the lent phone was inactive, I'm thinking it had the ability to to be activated by the parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarthaMaude