Missing cell phones

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
im posting this in here. I posted it under questions and answers. I went to channel 5 news and saw about a fire in rock quarry. 750,000 worth of damage. they beleive its arson. 29 miles from kansas city mo but still in cass county where lisa is missing from. I saw rock quarry and remember nancy talking about it. Is this where she said the FBI were running? can someone help me out?

Is the guy in the photo wearing headphones?

Anyone have an idea what this thing is the guy is using in a search?

searchthing.jpg

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/44913184#44913184

In the video, you can clearly see that it is a metal detector (around the 1:10 mark). For some reason, the pole that scans the ground didn't show up well in the still photo. It is much easier to see in the actual video.

HTH!

Darn. I thought we had a ninja leaf on the loose...

In the video, you can clearly see that it is a metal detector (around the 1:10 mark). For some reason, the pole that scans the ground didn't show up well in the still photo. It is much easier to see in the actual video.

HTH!

YES! You solved the mystery. I can see it plain as day. That is funny!!!

HTH!

Now that I know what to look for you can see the silver colored arm rest in the picture. LOL LOL

http://www.kmbc.com/r/29404237/detail.html

POSTED: 6:20 am CDT October 6, 2011
UPDATED: 11:55 am CDT October 6, 2011

On video at about 2:54 mark.

Jeremy says:
Quote:
They took her and they took all of our phones so we couldnt call anybody.

Took me 45 minutes to track down that video. This case is giving me a headache JMHO.

This can be interpreted in two ways. They took all our phones and as a result we couldn't call anybody OR They took all our phones with the intention of stopping us from calling anyone.

IMO he meant the former.

Jeremy says:

Took me 45 minutes to track down that video. This case is giving me a headache JMHO.
"THEY"?? The use of "they" twice. How does (or did) he know it was a "they" and not a "him/her".

A poster on another thread (sorry I can't remember the name) remarked that it would be pretty 'difficult' to transfer info from one phone to another if one was broken. If a phone is broken, can you open up the phone number directory that is programmed in? KWIM?

Like tlcox said, it depends on what is broken. I had a phone once where it wouldn't let me dial out, along with a few other issues. I was able to access my contacts still, and manually enter the numbers that I wanted.

Whenever I switch phones, I always take the time to weed through my contacts, manually entering the people I want to keep. To me, this statement has never struck me as suspicious. It seemed fairly normal based on what I do.

This can be interpreted in two ways. They took all our phones and as a result we couldn't call anybody OR They took all our phones with the intention of stopping us from calling anyone.

IMO he meant the former.

Haha!! Did you see my post a few up from yours? Great minds think alike!

Just recently the phone I had worked in every way except one....no one could hear me. I could access everything, and I could hear my callers but they could not hear a word I said unless I was on my speaker phone.

"THEY"?? The use of "they" twice. How does (or did) he know it was a "they" and not a "him/her".

"They" is often used as a pronoun in place of an unknown entity, both plural and singular. Every time I hear someone use it in conversation it drives me batty and distracts from my entire conversation! lol

I was going 50 and this %$&$ cut me off, they didn't even try and speed up
They say you shouldn't eat before bed
I ordered a mocha, and they forgot the whipped cream
I stopped at the store, but they said they were out of paper

If you know the person, or even have a reliable clue, you're most likely to use a proper pronoun
I ordered a mocha, and she forgot the whipped cream
I stopped at Sally's, but she said she was out of paper
I let someone use my phone, and she dropped it

It's just his way of speaking. I've heard lots of people do that when describing an incident. He doesn't mean anything by it....IMHO.

IMO he meant the former.

BBM

I agree with you. I think that's exactly what he meant.

My last post on this...There is no real reason why the cell phones were taken except to either impede the family from calling 911, to sell them or maybe they just thought they were nice...who knows

Depending on the company they had most activity can be obtained via LE so even if the parents are "making" this up I am fairly sure LE has all of the information that they need.

BTW the parents have not said anything as to the reason the cell phones were missing..they just stated that they were taken. It's all of us "making" up the reason why someone would want the cellphones.

I agree with you.

This is just me. But if I found my DD missing, went for the phone and found them missing also...... I don't think I would put it together on why the phones were missing.

The fear over the missing DD would have had me in such a panic that the missing phones would only be a distraction, not something to think about. Also why was it so important as to bring it up in the 911 call? I'm not sure but I think I would probably be screaming so hard (at least in my head) that all I would be able to get out would be that my DD was missing. The mention of the cellphone in the 911 call is a bit of a jarring item to me.

This is just me. But if I found my DD missing, went for the phone and found them missing also...... I don't think I would put it together on why the phones were missing.

The fear over the missing DD would have had me in such a panic that the missing phones would only be a distraction, not something to think about. Also why was it so important as to bring it up in the 911 call? I'm not sure but I think I would probably be screaming so hard (at least in my head) that all I would be able to get out would be that my DD was missing. The mention of the cellphone in the 911 call is a bit of a jarring item to me.

I don't believe that has been reported anywhere. The cell phones were not reported in the 911 phone call IMO, and I'll bet they were not mentioned in the ensuing police report either. My opinion is they were reported stolen at the police station later that morning by Debbie who had been called down there after LE finding a phone in the woods (MOO based on crime scene tape being rushed out there that morning.) They asked Debbie for her phone and she then said they were stolen, IMO. They then put a 100 guys out there to search for the other phones.

http://www.kctv5.com/category/222182/search-for-lisa

Jeremy says:

I don't believe that has been reported anywhere. The cell phones were not reported in the 911 phone call IMO, and I'll bet they were not mentioned in the ensuing police report either. My opinion is they were reported stolen at the police station later that morning by Debbie who had been called down there after LE finding a phone in the woods (MOO based on crime scene tape being rushed out there that morning.) They asked Debbie for her phone and she then said they were stolen, IMO. They then put a 100 guys out there to search for the other phones.

http://www.kctv5.com/category/222182/search-for-lisa

The above by Kat is where I took it from.

On the Police Dispatch Tapes thread, there is a discussion that apparently Jeremy had a problem with someone. IF this is true, then the statement, "They took our cell phones so we couldn't call 911" makes complete sense, because it would mean Lisa was taken by someone they knew, and was taken right in front of them. There WAS no break-in, no unknown abductor, they know exactly what happened. It would also be the reason the other children are being kept out of sight, and the reason the children were screaming as DB stated. They had just witnessed their sister being taken.

In my head, I can see LE knowing all this and being very tight-lipped about it until they are able to track this person/these people down.

Just my hypothetical thoughts.

Now see I have a problem with this theory. In this scenario you are either going to make a decision to call the cops or you are going to decide to handle it yourself. You aren't going to call the cops then not tell them at least who it was, you aren't going to lie come up with a story to cover for them. You might lie about why they did it, but you won't lie about who.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlyOfDragons