Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't know who is involved.
No, but I know who the FBI suspected and who the cops talked to after all the dust settled. That was Steve Garrison and his two acquaintances.

Just because there's no movement in the case for two decades doesn't mean they didn't have a hand. There was 25 years of no movement in Jackie Johns case--that didn't mean Carnahan didn't do it.

No, but I know who the FBI suspected and who the cops talked to after all the dust settled. That was Steve Garrison and his two acquaintances.

Just because there's no movement in the case for two decades doesn't mean they didn't have a hand. There was 25 years of no movement in Jackie Johns case--that didn't mean Carnahan didn't do it.
I'm not claiming to know who did it I just think the cops might have had tunnel vision and ignored other suspects or lines of investigation. I don't think anyone though this case would be unsolved 26 years later.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

Personally, I still believe Garrison and people in his background have something to do with this case along some line or cops wouldn't have leaned on him so hard. I just truly wonder if Mike or Dusty may have encountered these folks not realizing they had an interest in Suzie or her mother. There were around 300-500 GC/SPD/State fugitives/later-imprisoned people/arrest warrants with bad alibis that day. Why Garrison? Pre-rape trial Garrison. He wasn't picked from a hat.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

Personally, I still believe Garrison and people in his background have something to do with this case along some line or cops wouldn't have leaned on him so hard. I just truly wonder if Mike or Dusty may have encountered these folks not realizing they had an interest in Suzie or her mother. There were around 300-500 GC/SPD/State fugitives/later-imprisoned people/arrest warrants with bad alibis that day. Why Garrison? Pre-rape trial Garrison. He wasn't picked from a hat.

I can’t answer that because I honestly don’t know. IMO though I really don’t think they knew what they were doing in this case and then felt even more lost when the house was contaminated by all the people in it that first day. From my perspective though I think he was something shiny. He had a criminal history and was just out of prison, plus in a six degrees of Kevin Bacon kind of way they could connect him with the three women. Plus it seems from the crazy story he told about Mike that he liked to talk and lead them on. What drives me nuts is that people always seem to forget Mike saw him once for only a few minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those who believe law enforcement played a significant role in disappearing the women also happen to be the ones who dismiss any possible role involving... the last crew whom happen to see the teenagers alive?

What’s the over/under in years it took MH + JK to tie the knot, 1 1/2?

According to the Greene County recorder's office (Doc # 001709-1995) they got married on 7/1/1995.

My position on Janelle and Mike Henson is this:

They know something. They probably heard Suzie say she needed a friend (McCall says this over and over) and deduced who at least one of the players were in this. They may know that this person has power—thus keeping quiet about all they know. She was interviewed over and over by detectives to the point where I believe she said to reporters/cops “don’t you all talk to each other” so I do not believe she was ignored or overlooked like everyone here thinks. Despite interviewing partygoers constantly they still led to Steve Garrison who led to two digs.

Summary: Janelle and Henson likely know something. But they don’t have the experience/criminal allocation to do this crime.
I 100% agree with this assessment.

Have they ever clarified why the plans changed on party night? Werent they supposed to go to a motel?
Didn't Janis and other mothers feel uncomfortable with them going down to Branson that late at night?

5:40 mark Stacy calls to let her mom know she's not going around 10 PM. I assume too drunk to drive 45 minutes in the dark. Janis did not want them going down there late, I do know that. Trying to find the video or media where she said that. I'll update when I do.

Last edited:
Didn't Janis and other mothers feel uncomfortable with them going down to Branson that late at night?

5:40 mark Stacy calls to let her mom know she's not going around 10 PM. I assume too drunk to drive 45 minutes in the dark. Janis did not want them going down there late, I do know that. Trying to find the video or media where she said that. I'll update when I do.
Thank you. I've only seen the Disappeared (i think thats what it was) and thats it.

This seems very logical to me. That highway was a death trap during those years. I wouldn’t have wanted my kid driving it late at night, alcohol or not.

(Source: personal experience)

Rude and personalizing posts are not allowed on Websleuths and are violations of TOS. Offending members are subject to timeouts or bans. Post accordingly or there may be consequences.

Discuss the case and not each other. Instead of being rude and accusing members of being nasty or wrong, or whatever, USE THE REPORT FEATURE to let WS staff know there is an issue and let us review it and deal with it accordingly.

Thank you.

A good post from Hurricane on thread 6 of this subforum:

There is simply no evidence to indicate that she did have those concerns in 1992. How do we know that she didn't have concerns that space aliens took them, as Worsham proposed in frustration at the time? If she had them then I would have suspected that she would have brought them to the forefront in order to get LE to look into it. And if she did bring those concerns to LE and they didn't act on them then I would think she would have continued to push those concerns in interviews given to the media to bring them out into the public. These may be concerns of hers now, but they have only recently come up.

And in talking to friends of Suzie's there certainly is no evidence that she was afraid of anything or that she was asking any of them to go home with her and spend the night because she was afraid to go alone. Janis obviously feels that it was an odd thing for Stacy to do and may be looking for ways in her mind to justify why Stacy did go home with Suzie (the 2:00 am comment). But in light of the occasion and the planned trip to Branson the next day, I don't find it odd at all. Friends say that Suzie & Stacy had recently grown close again in the waining days of school; that Janelle was in a relationship with Hensen and wasn't around them much; and that they didn't find it odd that Stacy went home with Suzie at all.

You do bring up a valid point with the idea that LE didn't want witnesses to speak about the case, an idea I have proposed before. There are minor witnesses who will not speak even off the record to this day because LE asked them not to. I believe that Janelle Kirby was asked by SPD not to speak about certain things she observed about the house upon entering and while being there throughout that day. Participation with the media helps to advance the case and LE wanted that but they wanted her to avoid speaking of her observations concerning items of evidence. As two examples: the broken porch globe; the phone messages. The problem is that she was unprepared on what to say the first time she was asked questions about those things. That is why we have conflicting statements made by an 18 yr old witness. SPD should have given her "the spin" they wanted her to use when asked. But she was caught unprepared when asked such questions by the media and ended up on TV with that "deer in the headlight look" that caused many people to cast a suspicion of guilt her way ever since.

Source: The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #6

A good post from Hurricane on thread 6 of this subforum:

There is simply no evidence to indicate that she did have those concerns in 1992. How do we know that she didn't have concerns that space aliens took them, as Worsham proposed in frustration at the time? If she had them then I would have suspected that she would have brought them to the forefront in order to get LE to look into it. And if she did bring those concerns to LE and they didn't act on them then I would think she would have continued to push those concerns in interviews given to the media to bring them out into the public. These may be concerns of hers now, but they have only recently come up.

And in talking to friends of Suzie's there certainly is no evidence that she was afraid of anything or that she was asking any of them to go home with her and spend the night because she was afraid to go alone. Janis obviously feels that it was an odd thing for Stacy to do and may be looking for ways in her mind to justify why Stacy did go home with Suzie (the 2:00 am comment). But in light of the occasion and the planned trip to Branson the next day, I don't find it odd at all. Friends say that Suzie & Stacy had recently grown close again in the waining days of school; that Janelle was in a relationship with Hensen and wasn't around them much; and that they didn't find it odd that Stacy went home with Suzie at all.

You do bring up a valid point with the idea that LE didn't want witnesses to speak about the case, an idea I have proposed before. There are minor witnesses who will not speak even off the record to this day because LE asked them not to. I believe that Janelle Kirby was asked by SPD not to speak about certain things she observed about the house upon entering and while being there throughout that day. Participation with the media helps to advance the case and LE wanted that but they wanted her to avoid speaking of her observations concerning items of evidence. As two examples: the broken porch globe; the phone messages. The problem is that she was unprepared on what to say the first time she was asked questions about those things. That is why we have conflicting statements made by an 18 yr old witness. SPD should have given her "the spin" they wanted her to use when asked. But she was caught unprepared when asked such questions by the media and ended up on TV with that "deer in the headlight look" that caused many people to cast a suspicion of guilt her way ever since.
Source: The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #6
Some of her behavior comes off as intrusive. They had no reason to believe Sherrill wouldn't be home. A lot of it can be chalked up to being young and not thinking something terrible can happen to your friends. If Sherrill wasn't missing waking up to random people in her house might have been odd. The media was given access to her as they were with a lot of people involved in the case and there was oversharing. The stuff she noticed might have been better kept between her and LE. I still have problem with her referring to Suzie as "That girl". It makes you wonder what the friendship dynamic was. There might be things she left out because she was 18 and possibly worried about getting her friends in trouble idk.

Some of her behavior comes off as intrusive. They had no reason to believe Sherrill wouldn't be home. A lot of it can be chalked up to being young and not thinking something terrible can happen to your friends. If Sherrill wasn't missing waking up to random people in her house might have been odd. The media was given access to her as they were with a lot of people involved in the case and there was oversharing. The stuff she noticed might have been better kept between her and LE. I still have problem with her referring to Suzie as "That girl". It makes you wonder what the friendship dynamic was. There might be things she left out because she was 18 and possibly worried about getting her friends in trouble idk.
Exactly!!!

Agreed with all the above. Janelle and Mike are not the crux in solving this case or finding a suspect, and the more time we speculate over their actions that day, the further we get from producing solid theories or possibilities about what actually happened.

Agreed with all the above. Janelle and Mike are not the crux in solving this case or finding a suspect, and the more time we speculate over their actions that day, the further we get from producing solid theories or possibilities about what actually happened.
I agree!! We have 10 threads mostly filled with discussing their actions.

Wake me up when there’s something beyond speculation, circumstantial evidence, and unwarranted suspicion.

I agree!! We have 10 threads mostly filled with discussing their actions.

Wake me up when there’s something beyond speculation, circumstantial evidence, and unwarranted suspicion.
You’d never get woken up.

With this whole case, the theories, and all of the suspects being discussed, there is nothing but speculation, circumstantial evidence, and unwarranted suspicion. Nobody - including LE - has come up with anything solid or new in 26 years. (And don’t start up about Garrison and the 2 digs that he led police to do. If there was anything solid they found there, it would have led to someone by now)

Maybe it’s because everyone is focused on the wrong people. Maybe it’s because Sherrill had a “friend” that hasn’t been looked at yet. Or maybe because we are all completely ignoring the background of one of the victims because everyone thinks she “was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.”

Whatever the reason, the strategy and thinking needs to change. 26 years of failure is unacceptable.

You’d never get woken up.

With this whole case, the theories, and all of the suspects being discussed, there is nothing but speculation, circumstantial evidence, and unwarranted suspicion. Nobody - including LE - has come up with anything solid or new in 26 years. (And don’t start up about Garrison and the 2 digs that he led police to do. If there was anything solid they found there, it would have led to someone by now)

Maybe it’s because everyone is focused on the wrong people. Maybe it’s because Sherrill had a “friend” that hasn’t been looked at yet. Or maybe because we are all completely ignoring the background of one of the victims because everyone thinks she “was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.”

Whatever the reason, the strategy and thinking needs to change. 26 years of failure is unacceptable.
I agree with this too. I figured you of all people would find the Janelle suspicion stuff annoying. Especially with such weak evidence. Given what you and Dusty have been through over the years on these many forums.

I agree about Sherrill's background. I believe still that the last minute decision and the crime happening at Delmar likely rules out Stacy unless Suzie and Stacy were a combined target. I tend to gravitate toward what the SPD think--that the perpetrator(s) were in Sherrill's background.

I agree with this too. I figured you of all people would find the Janelle suspicion stuff annoying. Especially with such weak evidence. Given what you and Dusty have been through over the years on these many forums.

I agree about Sherrill's background. I believe still that the last minute decision and the crime happening at Delmar likely rules out Stacy unless Suzie and Stacy were a combined target. I tend to gravitate toward what the SPD think--that the perpetrator(s) were in Sherrill's background.

Add me to that line of reasoning. If no one, including the girls, expected them to be there THAT night, it being Sherrill's house and Sherrill supposed to be all alone makes Sherrill the target. It may have started out as something else, a confrontation that was or had escalated by the time the unsuspecting girls got there and started getting ready for bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot