Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can speak to this in part. I observed both a similar van and a suspect who resembeled the composite in the newspaper. When I called this in it was not received well and furthermore my job was threatened because “I was interfering with their investigation.”

I have asked several other law enforcement officers about this experience and no one could conceive of such a response nor justify it. I would also so that others have expressed similar reservations about the investigation of the SPD. Make of it what you will.

I can speak to this in part. I observed both a similar van and a suspect who resembeled the composite in the newspaper. When I called this in it was not received well and furthermore my job was threatened because “I was interfering with their investigation.”

I have asked several other law enforcement officers about this experience and no one could conceive of such a response nor justify it. I would also so that others have expressed similar reservations about the investigation of the SPD. Make of it what you will.
Well, as discussed on a forum that shall not be named, one of the police report writers/sign offs was in trouble with child *advertiser censored*. You also have a slew of other officers in trouble with the law throughout SPD history too. I count four involved with this case alone that have dealt with abuse of power type charges since this case.

Weren’t corrupt cops involved in recently solved cold cases around the area? Why is it so far fetched?

Well, as discussed on a forum that shall not be named, one of the police report writers/sign offs was in trouble with child *advertiser censored*. You also have a slew of other officers in trouble with the law throughout SPD history too. I count four involved with this case alone that have dealt with abuse of power type charges since this case.

Weren’t corrupt cops involved in recently solved cold cases around the area? Why is it so far fetched?

I think the theory of corrupt cop/ cops is possible and can't rule out
it might be a possibility that there were 2 sides , cops that wanted to solve the disappearance And policemen who did not want the case ever resolved (maybe due to their connection to criminals?)

This conflict between these two sides is one of the reasons that this case didn't solve until today... just my opinion

There seems to be a BIG hang up on a teenage girl acting what they've determined to be hinky. A teenager. Like SHE could've made three women disappear and stay disappeared, or even have known something about it and then kept it a secret ALL these years. A teenager. Theories change depending on what is revealed. To continue to insist on making the facts fit someone's personal pet theory is just the sort of thinking that keeps this a cold case.

Did JK and/or MH receive SpEd services in high school?

The reason this case has lasted 26+ years is because it was covered up so well. Name another case where three adults go missing at once without a trace and there are no bodies recovered for almost three decades. There's really no case similar.

Because it's covered up very, very well. And as Wright and SPD suggested: through threats of retaliation and direction by the main perpetrator.

I don’t know this case nearly as well as many members. However I have to ask you these things.

Are you suggesting that the police department covered up the solution to the case and as a result there has been no solution? What possibly would be motive to do this? Do you realize how many officers and detectives would have been involved over 26 years? All of these people would have to be involved in some big conspiracy.

Are you saying that the “main perpetrator” has made threats of retaliation against the police department?

The initial source is the original police report which stated that she started calling the Delmar house at 7:30am. The timeline is then moved to approx. 9:30am or so. This was stated in later news reports, as well as directly by JK in the Disappeared ID video. So you have both the media moving the timeline, as well as JK. However, if I were to decide which I was going to take as the "Real" timeline. It would have to be the initial one JK gave to police that is noted on the original police report. 7:30am.

Thank you ;)

I don’t know this case nearly as well as many members. However I have to ask you these things.

Are you suggesting that the police department covered up the solution to the case and as a result there has been no solution? What possibly would be motive to do this? Do you realize how many officers and detectives would have been involved over 26 years? All of these people would have to be involved in some big conspiracy.

Are you saying that the “main perpetrator” has made threats of retaliation against the police department?

Excellent questions.

This might help answer a few of the questions:
Update: Police Debunk Latest Lead in 3 Missing Women Case

Excerpt #1.

On the team, the most veteran detective has been with the department more than 20 years. The youngest of the detective was in junior high in 1992.

"Almost have a new generation of investigators know the case," says Lt. Millsap.

Before their April Washington, D.C. visit, three people from NCMEC (National Center for Missing and Exploited Children) visited Springfield for a prep-presentation.

"Actually took a little field trip around Springfield, looked at the house where the abduction occurred, went to the areas where the girls had been that night."

The April 2012 presentation in DC lasted nearly 3 full days in front of a 25-person panel of criminal experts.

Excerpt #2.

"Then it became so big, so fast that the police department was basically overwhelmed." The FBI was called in. "National media came. They had full access."

Wouldn't it be kinda tough to 'cover up' any LE wrong doing when other entities have been involved with this case? IMO....SPD wants this case solved.

Those who believe law enforcement played a significant role in disappearing the women also happen to be the ones who dismiss any possible role involving... the last crew whom happen to see the teenagers alive?

What’s the over/under in years it took MH + JK to tie the knot, 1 1/2?

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

Logic might not apply to this case. No one wants to believe teenagers or children can be involved in a crime, but they have been. Those lifetime movies or TV movies are sometimes based on real crimes(I've been dying to say that lol). Teenagers brains are still forming and things that seemed so important at that age in hindsight seem trivial. I don't think anyone that saw Suzie or Stacy that night should be ignored.

Last edited by a moderator:
Logic might not apply to this case. No one wants to believe teenagers or children can be involved in a crime, but they have been. Those lifetime movies or TV movies are sometimes based on real crimes(I've been dying to say that lol). Teenagers brains are still forming and things that seemed so important at that age in hindsight seem trivial. I don't think anyone that saw Suzie or Stacy that night should be ignored.
Do these teenager/early 20s brains include the graverobbers too? Or just Janelle and her friends?

Wait, now the case defies logic? I’m more confused than ever on your approach here.

I am not making up reasons it won’t be solved. Please show where I said that..?

I am saying this case will require a confession or bodies unless there is a piece of physical evidence or DNA that can be matched. Even if DNA is found, it’s a Hail Mary by a DA.

Do these teenager/early 20s brains include the graverobbers too? Or just Janelle and her friends?

Wait, now the case defies logic? I’m more confused than ever on your approach here.
I'm saying teenagers brains aren't fully developed. What makes sense when you are a teen or seems important might change over time. So as an adult you think one way but kids do reckless things. And it doesn't always stop as a grown up (people do stupid things). You might have to think about what Suzie and Stacy's lives were like what they were doing that night and who was around them. And try picturing it as a teen and not an adult.

My position on Janelle and Mike Henson is this:

They know something. They probably heard Suzie say she needed a friend (McCall says this over and over) and deduced who at least one of the players were in this. They may know that this person has power—thus keeping quiet about all they know. She was interviewed over and over by detectives to the point where I believe she said to reporters/cops “don’t you all talk to each other” so I do not believe she was ignored or overlooked like everyone here thinks. Despite interviewing partygoers constantly they still led to Steve Garrison who led to two digs.

Summary: Janelle and Henson likely know something. But they don’t have the experience/criminal allocation to do this crime.

I am not making up reasons it won’t be solved. Please show where I said that..?

I am saying this case will require a confession or bodies unless there is a piece of physical evidence or DNA that can be matched. Even if DNA is found, it’s a Hail Mary by a DA.
<modsnip: personalizing> People don't just put theories on her they notice different things. While it might not be the smoking gun it's keeping people talking. It's making it harder to ignore.

Last edited by a moderator:
You want to argue why people are wrong. People don't just put theories on her they notice different things. While it might not be the smoking gun it's keeping people talking. It's making it harder to ignore.
Keeping people talking about people who aren't involved just helps the perps. I prefer not to help the perps.

I do not want to argue. I just ask people to show me proof beyond suspicions. Otherwise it's just Speculation City. And that's counterproductive.

There is no doubt in my mind JK + MH are somehow involved. I assume law enforcement does as well, since I believe, they questioned her repeatedly after this.

But, what’s the motive at play?
I don't think it would have been intentional if they were involved. Maybe an accident that turned into a cover up. There was drinking, parties and people driving around. I don't know if there were other activities that could have been dangerous with alcohol. This is just a theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member