Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the disappearance of these three women, two of them girls really, why wouldn’t you want to explore every single possibility. Even if that possibility might call into question someone’s actions prior to their disappearance. Doesn’t make her a bad person, just mean she might’ve fallen into something she didn’t mean to. No one knows what happened in that room except for the person who did this. I understand the compulsion of the folks who knew her personally, some people on this thread, who do not want to see her reputation tarnished. That is as it should be. But it’s been an awfully long time, there need to be some answers. Seems like an awful lot of mistakes were made in this investigation ,from an outsiders view.

Seems like for years many were only talking negatively about Sherrill and Suzie and nothing about Stacey. No mention of previous boyfriends or even other friends for that matter.

Seems like for years many were only talking negatively about Sherrill and Suzie and nothing about Stacey. No mention of previous boyfriends or even other friends for that matter.
Last minute decision and the crime happening after they arrived at the house could be why.

I believe Stu and Stacy's ex boyfriends were polygraphed and some were at Project Graduation. (Alibis).

Sometimes it seems lie people want Sherrill or Suzie to have done something wrong so people don't have to realize that three women can go missing based on chance. You run into the wrong person or you make one bad decision and your life is over the same day you graduate.

No one is saying the women did anything wrong.

Only the dangerous men in their life did.
I agree that these women absolutely could’ve disappeared by chance, but it’s highly unlikely. That would mean someone just stumbled upon them, and left the scene that clean. I don’t know, I just don’t think that’s what happened. Seems much more organized than that. Or that that were multiple people involved. That being said it’s very hard for multiple people to keep their mouth shut for this amount of time. However, I’m not saying these woman brought this on themselves, just that some circumstances may have a lead to them being removed, essentially silenced. If they just wanted them dead why not kill them and leave them there. If it were sexual assault motive,which I highly doubt, why take them with them? If this were a single person of duction I might buy the random crime element of it. Or they’re just too many, for lack of a better term, WEIRD things THAT it seems to happen that day that just don’t add up.

There was never a chance for a lawyer to call her as a witness. She 100% could have been called as a witness.

There's also a chance the perps didn't know the intricacies of the criminal justice system.

Why do you need second hand knowledge when you have first? The Officer that took both Dusty and Joe’s statement was called and his knowledge was just as good as hers considering all the statements were basically the same.

Sadly, people love gossip don’t they? The media especially, it’s too bad and all too often the women in the situations are blamed. From what I’ve read on here it does seem like Stacy was just kind of roped into this situation, that it may not have been directed toward her directly. Do you believe that?

None of us want every aspect of our lives to become public knowledge, no matter how boring we think our lives are. I’m talking about myself here. However, if I were to go missing, I want you to open every door ,check in every closet, look at every financial, personal paper I have. And find a trail that could lead to the *advertiser censored*.

Why do you need second hand knowledge when you have first? The Officer that took both Dusty and Joe’s statement was called and his knowledge was just as good as hers considering all the statements were basically the same.
That's not up to you or me, only lawyers. You think criminals who may be concerned about her potential testimony know what was said? They didn't have access to those statements.

So tell me why you think they liked Garrison so much even after he lied?

None of us want every aspect of our lives to become public knowledge, no matter how boring we think our lives are. I’m talking about myself here. However, if I were to go missing, I want you to open every door ,check in every closet, look at every financial, personal paper I have. And find a trail that could lead to the *advertiser censored*.
I agree. And you would know we aren't attacking you in doing so--just trying to find the "*advertiser censored*."

There is no way to know that the crime had not already started before they showed up.
True. And the same goes the other direction with Sherrill.

But the assumed facts from crime scene photos and newspapers is that they made it to the house and got ready for bed. If someone was following, then it was someone at the parties. The cops were all over them from day one. And STILL went in the direction of the GRs/Garrison/Laclede County criminals/etc. Not partygoers. Mark Webb was actually on the scene to break up one of the parties and was already familiar with a lot of the attendees.

They liked Cox for his criminal potential. No one at the parties had the criminal potential. This took one strong person or multiple perps with one knowing the women.

True. And the same goes the other direction with Sherrill.

But the assumed facts from crime scene photos and newspapers is that they made it to the house and got ready for bed. If someone was following, then it was someone at the parties. The cops were all over them from day one. Mark Webb was actually on the scene to break up one of the parties and was already familiar with a lot of the attendees.
So familiar he broke up a party without making sure people could safely get home.

I dont think Sherrel by any means was trying to cheat the IRS. She had a bank account.

Lets say you are a waitress. Every night you make about $80.00 cash. You have a bill that must be in the mail no later then tomorrow. It's late evening. Would you stop and fiddle at an ATM, or simply just buy a money order, while getting food at the same time at the grocery store.

Like I said, we didn't have internet, cell phones, and plastic currency back then. It was paper, and usually only old retired people had time to sit around the kitchen table, and write checks. Some people are busy working, and it doesn't necessarily mean their trying to cheat the government.

Sadly, people love gossip don’t they? The media especially, it’s too bad and all too often the women in the situations are blamed. From what I’ve read on here it does seem like Stacy was just kind of roped into this situation, that it may not have been directed toward her directly. Do you believe that?

IMO the person was targeting Sherrill considering she was alone that night. Have also wondered about Stacey considering she had more of curfew normally, but was given far more free reign that night. IMO there is a reason it was graduation night. If it were just Suzie after work would make far more sense. If both Sherrill and Suzie when Suzie came home from work would make more sense. She worked at a movie theater. That means she worked nights. If planned not hard to figure out someone’s schedule.

I dont think Sherrel by any means was trying to cheat the IRS. She had a bank account.

Lets say you are a waitress. Every night you make about $80.00 cash. You have a bill that must be in the mail no later then tomorrow. It's late evening. Would you stop and fiddle at an ATM, or simply just buy a money order, while getting food at the same time at the grocery store.

Like I said, we didn't have internet, cell phones, and plastic currency back then. It was paper, and usually only old retired people had time to sit around the kitchen table, and write checks. Some people are busy working, and it doesn't necessarily mean their trying to cheat the government.
You're assuming there we're stupid and don't know how tips/under the table/tax avoidance things work. I'm definitely not. And I factored all those possibilities in. Her name is spelled "Sherrill" can we be respectful enough to spell it right?

Even now if you are paid in cash you can't swipe it into an account like a check.

If everyone makes it home safe he's seen as doing them a favor, when 3 people disappear 2 who were kicked out of a party he broke up it could be negligent.
Not if those people weren't at the parties and already had this planned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammiwinks