Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No one finds it odd that someone who is buying so many big ticket items is paying for things routinely with money orders?

That wasn’t typical of Sherrill’s social and economic status of the time. Nor of divorced women. Nor of beauticians. My mother was divorced and single growing up and made less than Sherrill—she still had a bank account and so did most people we know. And this isn’t anecdotal. I lived in the Springfield area. My uncle who was always doing sketchy stuff used money orders. It was usually to avoid using a bank. Now it could be innocently avoiding the bank, or there could be other reasons (a lead perhaps?).

A lead to where? Are you trying to imply Sherrill could of been up to sketchy stuff?

It was never ruled out. Ron Worsham statement proves nothing. It was a statement and not anything official nor does it even completely rule things out.

Worsham being a big joke is enough to put doubt on this. Most disagreed with Worsham. And we all know how Mike feels about the cops. Figured I could get in your corner on this one.

Cops were dropping out of this investigation and the police department altogether. You yourself and others talk about the horribly ran investigation countlessly and one off hand RON WORSHAM of all people’s comment is the hill you die on?

Dude, you sited the article from August 3rd News-Leader as your source. The Worsham quote was a part of that article. Take it with a grain of salt if you want but he was the Deputy Chief of police. I think he knew what was going on in the investigation at that time.
Besides that, the article says it was only a possibility that she was living beyond her means. Not stating it as a fact. It was something police needed to look into (as an investigative standard) to rule out. Apparently they did rule it out because in later articles and statements the police were calling this a sexually motivated crime.

Dude, you sited the article from August 3rd News-Leader as your source. The Worsham quote was a part of that article. Take it with a grain of salt if you want but he was the Deputy Chief of police. I think he knew what was going on in the investigation at that time.
Besides that, the article says it was only a possibility that she was living beyond her means. Not stating it as a fact. It was something police needed to look into (as an investigative standard) to rule out. Apparently they did rule it out because in later articles and statements the police were calling this a sexually motivated crime.
The motive is changed from cop to cop. Asher thinks it was Cox (as of 2012). Webb thinks it was you and your friends. Thomas thought it was in the Garrison/GJ3 corner. Pick a motive. The case evolved a lot since August 1992. I cited the article to show that it was investigated and found suspicious. No conclusions were ever made.

If you get paid in cash you can use the cash to pay as many bills as you have.

Yep, growing up in this era, I remember we didn't have direct deposit or online bill pay. If you were in a cash business, it was hard to get to the bank before they closed. You could deposit your money in the machine, but a lot of people didn't trust doing that.

It's possible she had another source of income or "help" from an outside source. Illegally or not.

“Help” that has not been found in 26 yrs by numerous agencies that investigated. Only implied by people that take normal investigations that were moved on from when nothing found and imply things about a person that can not defend herself.

No one finds it odd that someone who is buying so many big ticket items is paying for things routinely with money orders?

That wasn’t typical of Sherrill’s social and economic status of the time. Nor of divorced women. Nor of beauticians. My mother was divorced and single growing up and made less than Sherrill—she still had a bank account and so did most people we know. And this isn’t anecdotal. I lived in the Springfield area. My uncle who was always doing sketchy stuff used money orders. It was usually to avoid using a bank. Now it could be innocently avoiding the bank, or there could be other reasons (a lead perhaps?).

If you're implying she was making extra money from some illegal activity, LE found no evidence of that. One could reasonably assume evidence of that nature would have been found in her home, car or workplace.

Yep, growing up in this era, I remember we didn't have direct deposit or online bill pay. If you were in a cash business, it was hard to get to the bank before they closed. You could deposit your money in the machine, but a lot of people didn't trust doing that.
I had a hard time making it to the bank in 2010 before it closed.

Actually many did. My mom was of similarly to lower social status than Sherrill. Also divorced and single. Two kids too. And she had a bank account and thought people who didn't had a reason to avoid banks or they were just simply oddjob lower class types (unlicensed contractor work like painting or carpentry that was job-to-job). Obviously Sherrill was middle class and not lower. And I lived in Springfield area, literally where the women are from.

If you're implying she was making extra money from some illegal activity, LE found no evidence of that. One could reasonably assume evidence of that nature would have been found in her home, car or workplace.
Or it simply just wasn't reported. A lot of things weren't as the media frenzy came to a halt and the police chief began to get concerned with the oversharing.

I hated doing that and we had a rule to NOT do that unless you had at least one other person with you for security reasons. Lots of people were robbed near those boxes back then.

“Help” that has not been found in 26 yrs by numerous agencies that investigated.
You don't know this to be fact. You are not LE, correct? I mean, there was a motive to the statements they made at the 20th anniversary, was there not? I believe LE does indeed know who did this.

Speculation based on the fact that nobody said it didn’t happen?
Mike, you're a logical guy.

The police did not definitely say what the motive was--just the theory of the moment. Otherwise Todd King and Darrell Moore (2017) and Mark Webb and Allen Neal (2012) would definitely rule people out, right? They all said Cox wasn't ruled out, you+Dusty+Joe weren't ruled out. Then you have Nigel saying she believed the perps were known to the women. So you can draw many motive possibilities from all these LE sponsored statements. There are literally dozens. It's about separating the wheat from the chaff.

That's not math. You are trying to make 2+2=5 it doesn't work.
Do you want me to break down expenditures? And leave the wiggle room that will be argued to death? I can do so when I have the time. I am not forcing anything. I can literally see what the house cost and what the cars cost, waterbed, etc. etc. Even with the wiggle room, tip money, etc. she did not surpass 21k.

It's also possible this is a dead lead that goes nowhere. I'm not arrogant enough to think one way or another and I thought this forum was about embracing other people's theories with an open mind?

Do you want me to break down expenditures? And leave the wiggle room that will be argued to death? I can do so when I have the time. I am not forcing anything. I can literally see what the house cost and what the cars cost, waterbed, etc. etc. Even with the wiggle room, tip money, etc. she did not surpass 21k.

It's also possible this is a dead lead that goes nowhere. I'm not arrogant enough to think one way or another and I thought this forum was about embracing other people's theories with an open mind?
It's not in present day. I'm pretty sure you just suggested someone was guilty because they didn't agree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haizljnes01