Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know. She would of had to of had pretty good credit to buy a house. Not to mention department store credit cards weren't easy to get at the time. Her ex husband's Bill's would have no effect on her credit report, nor would she have to worry about bank levys.

An esscort was a pretty economical car back then too.

Last edited:
Check out the last sentence.
Post the entire article. That was an article that listed three lists of things. One, Resolved Issues. Two, Unresolved Issues. Three, Issues that warrant further investigation. I know what is in the article. Are you claiming that police never made the statement that it appeared that Sherrill was living beyond her means, but then back peddled like they did with MH's timeline, and his alibi, and acted like both issues had been cleared up, even though they put them in the middle of an article that called them into question, and then acted like they shouldn't have been mentioned at all. Because it is fact. Just saying.

It doesn’t matter what buying power was. You can calculate a lot of her bills and she has no disposable income from an 18-20k a year job. Suzie has a job but she had her own set of expenditures and cosmetology school enrollment to consider.

To contrast, Stacy, who also had a job, had an older car—her family with nearly 3x the income of Sherrill.

You’re brushing this aside way too easily. 18k over 12 months is a very small amount. Sherrill paid often with money orders. That’s not something someone with a comfortable income does.

If the motive is silence—meaning dead people can’t talk, then you definitely have to follow the money. The cops thought the same thing. Worsham’s statement hardly rules anything out. Also Mike, the same cops did and said wrong things about you constantly—Worsham’s statement carries that much weight with you?

Keep in mind, the average stats quoted for the salary of a beautician likely doesn't include tips. I'm sure they were on a budget, but not living beyond their means. I'm not sure what this means in the big picture. Are you implying Sherrill was killed because she owed money to someone? As pointed out above, LE ruled out financial problems.

Tips were part of the same overall salary/income. People also tipped less than they tip now on a whole.

Sherrill didn’t make more than 21k a year. You can look up these things, and I have.

LE didn’t rule it out. Worsham made one off hand comment. Ron Worsham is one of the most corrupt cops in Greene and Webster County history. The cops are lying when it comes to Mike but magically right when it comes to discussing Sherrill? Again, I do not think she was killed for owed money, if you read subsequent posts, I said it would be part of an aggregate.

LE statements from the time are not gospel. As we’ve all concluded multiple times with their contradictions.

I'm interested in how we get trapped into the "Stacy was in the wrong place at the wrong time" because the abduction took place at Sherrill's home and no one expected Suzie and Stacy to be there. That is probably the most obvious explanation. That idea gets more traction because Suzie was supposed to testify in court re: the grave robbing. It's an easy narrative. The reported obscene phone calls can be seen as a part of that narrative. It's easy to see where Sherrill and Suzie were more likely at the center of the story as it was their home and they weren't living the "two parent family" story. The working-class single parent home with the girl who dated a grave robber plays on our prejudices about who is a likely crime victim (or worse, who might have brought terror on themselves). But there was Sherrill, in her own home working on rehabbing used furniture. Not exactly a crime target.

But it's just as true that Stacy would have been more of a target on graduation night for anyone who would have been watching her. There was drinking. There was the ride to Sherrill's from the party. She wasn't at her parent's home with two vigilant parents in a neighborhood that may have been harder to pull off a home invasion. It was the middle of the night. I'm not arguing that Stacy was the target, but why not? Why not
two 18-year old girls on a night when they might have been drinking? If this was a random crime of opportunity carried out on a night where perpetrators knew there might be opportunities, it's hard to figure that any of the three (or two of the three) might have been the target.

There was a show on cable the other day about a home invasion in the midwest, where a couple was shotgunned in their home. Their nephew and his cousin were arrested for the crime based on a false confession. Turns out 2 teenage drifter car thieves broke into the house and killed them. Totally random. They would never have been caught except the female had found an engraved gold ring in the stolen vehicle, put in on, and then lost the ring inside the crime scene. That led LE to the stolen vehicle (from another state) and eventual solution. My point is that if the perps didn't have an actual connection to the 3 women, the crime is exponentially harder to solve, and all of the speculation about Sherrill and Suzie are for naught.

Or it could mean that she had approx 700.00 in cash and checks in her purse. Approx 800.00 or less cash in the bank. Had money to buy herself a fairly nice car, and buy one for Susie too. Upgrade her HVAC system and other things she did to the house, as well as also pay her mortgage. Not to mention all of the utilities that would have come with that house. Women in the 90's weren't looked down upon and, had no issues getting business loans in the early 90's if they had the means just like everyone else who walked into a bank. Sorry, the 90's weren't the 50's.

It was Springfield, MO, though. Still many people there with the same mindset of the 1950's.

ETA: Somehow, I can always tell when a local with that mindset is posting here. It's been many years since I worked in Springfield, but it's disappointing to see some attitudes there haven't changed.

See if this works. It's the article you chose.

Attachments

• sss.pdf
    554.5 KB · Views: 12
  • The_Springfield_News_Leader_Mon__Aug_3__1992_.pdf
    514.1 KB · Views: 5
Just quoting what was printed in the news paper. Knew a lot of divorced women in the 90's. The only issue they had was not having a job that paid well enough to afford a decent lifestyle. But the same could have been said for most of us. Minimum wage was $3.25 an hour in the early 90's.

I was in my 20’s in the 90’s and did not know many divorced people, but heard and saw how many women were looked at and talked about by the older generation. Some even had to keep it secret from their extended family.

You are quoting only certain parts and leaving out that they looked into many avenues of her finances and found nothing. The reason maybe it was dropped because in all their looking they found NOTHING.

Again what are you trying to imply with this train of thought?

Tips were part of the same overall salary/income. People also tipped less than they tip now on a whole.

Sherrill didn’t make more than 21k a year. You can look up these things, and I have.

You can't look up tips. Average salary then around $22K. Equates to $38,000 today. Plus tips, which can be hidden from taxation. I'd also point out that we have many more costs today to live a middle class life, including cell phones, cable, and high health insurance.

A big laugh that an entire page is dedicating a Ron Worsham offhand statement that really doesn’t prove anything as the basis of a “fact” when you can literally pay to just read Sherrill’s tax information online if you want to.

Ron Worsham was investigated and removed from office by the attorney general. Please use grains of salt.

Worsham once famously thought he was starting to believe aliens took the women.

Last edited:
You can't look up tips. Average salary then around $22K. Equates to $38,000 today. Plus tips, which can be hidden from taxation. I'd also point out that we have many more costs today to live a middle class life, including cell phones, cable, and high health insurance.
Yeah and she was pulling 16k. I was being generous adding lots of tip money, her income still is fixed, even the links I provided yesterday included tips. I’m not stupid.

Also, to the people throwing around “victim blaming” card: Bringing up someone’s finances isn’t victim blaming. It’s called a lead. I don’t really care if she spent outside of her means, more power to her.

Last edited:
Yeah and she was pulling 16k. I was being generous adding lots of tip money, her income still is fixed, even the links I provided yesterday included tips. I’m not stupid.
Can we a agree she wasn't living beyond her means? She had a modest home and a basic car. She seemed to have a solid group of clients. What are you arguing about?

Something's else I would point out is the fact that: a lot of people who just simply are not real good with math, will pay their bills by money order. This way you no the money will get there, and no worry of bouncing checks. I've known a few people that pay their bills in this manner.

Last edited:
Can we a agree she wasn't living beyond her means? She had a modest home and a basic car. She seemed to have a solid group of clients. What are you arguing about?
Because she wasn’t, at least not when you factor in what it costs to eat, buy cigarettes (chain smoker), cost of living needs. Yes I know what gas costs and how cheap things were etc.

But they had two new cars and a waterbed and a new house that was completely rewired. And then this lasts two months before a disappearance.

It’s an aggregate of things. For the last time. Why aren’t people reading all the words I say?

A big laugh that an entire page is dedicating a Ron Worsham offhand statement that really doesn’t prove anything as the basis of a “fact” when you can literally pay to just read Sherrill’s tax information online if you want to.

Ron Worsham was investigated and removed from office by the attorney general. Please use grains of salt.

Worsham once famously thought he was starting to believe aliens took the women.

There are very few ways to gain access to someone else’s tax returns legally. How do you know exactly how much she made?

Something's else I would point out is the fact that: a lot of people who just simply are not real good with math, will pay their Bill's by money order. This way you no the money will get there, and no worry of bouncing checks. I've non a few people that pay their Bill's in this manner.
People who also strictly work with cash only and don’t put their money in a bank use them. It’s not super difficult to see why Sherrill was likely using them and no I’m not blaming her, people were after her funds because of Don.

Because she wasn’t, at least not when you factor in what it costs to eat, buy cigarettes (chain smoker), cost of living needs. Yes I know what gas costs and how cheap things were etc.

But they had two new cars and a waterbed and a new house that was completely rewired. And then this lasts two months before a disappearance.

It’s an aggregate of things. For the last time. Why aren’t people reading all the words I say?
Suzie worked as well and making 16 grand plus tips and maybe some under the table can go a long way to house and car payments. Remember cigarettes didn't cost what they do now.

Also, to the people throwing around “victim blaming” card: Bringing up someone’s finances isn’t victim blaming. It’s called a lead. I don’t really care if she spent outside of her means, more power to her.

How do you know this? Tax returns are not something you can just pay to obtain.

There are very few ways to gain access to someone else’s tax returns legally. How do you know exactly how much she made?
I don’t personally have her forms.

4056-T is how. Can be done easier on deceased people. (Sherrill was declared dead rememeber)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allihounds