Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we a agree she wasn't living beyond her means? She had a modest home and a basic car. She seemed to have a solid group of clients. What are you arguing about?

People who also strictly work with cash only and don’t put their money in a bank use them. It’s not super difficult to see why Sherrill was likely using them and no I’m not blaming her, people were after her funds because of Don.

NO BODY COULD COME AFTER HER MONEY FOR DON...

First off, you would have to have a

COURT ORDER or JUDGMENT... SECONDLY, YOU CANT BE SUED FOR SOMEONE ELSES DEBTS...

MARRIED OR NOT.

I don’t personally have her forms.

4056-T is how. Can be done easier on deceased people. (Sherrill was declared dead rememeber)

Just highly doubt you know considering when you were first talking about her wages you were stating national averages at the time. Then when I used 18k as an example you started using that and now all the sudden you know it was 16k. Seems like someone is trying to force something to fit.

Why is it a big deal to suggest Sherrill may have used money orders for atypical reasons? I don’t get why we are desperately trying be revisionists nor do I see it as “victim blaming”

It’s. A. Lead. Nothing more.

Why is it a big deal to suggest Sherrill may have used money orders for atypical reasons? I don’t get why we are desperately trying be revisionists nor do I see it as “victim blaming”

I lead that goes where?

The point is it's not a big deal.

NO BODY COULD COME AFTER HER MONEY FOR DON...

First off, you would have to have a

COURT ORDER or JUDGMENT... SECONDLY, YOU CANT BE SUED FOR SOMEONE ELSES DEBTS...

MARRIED OR NOT.

Thirdly, if she was being sued for Don's debts, then there would be no way for her to finance a house or get a credit card to buy a waterbed.

A JUDGMENT would have completely destroyed her credit.

Following the money is one of the first and early discussion points of criminology courses. It’s a reason people do things. A motive.

Thirdly, if she was being sued for Don's debts, then there would be no way for her to finance a house or get a credit card to buy a waterbed.

A JUDGMENT would have completely destroyed her credit.
Yes. Exactly.

And it was looked at and ruled out.
It was never ruled out. Ron Worsham statement proves nothing. It was a statement and not anything official nor does it even completely rule things out.

Worsham being a big joke is enough to put doubt on this. Most disagreed with Worsham. And we all know how Mike feels about the cops. Figured I could get in your corner on this one.

Cops were dropping out of this investigation and the police department altogether. You yourself and others talk about the horribly ran investigation countlessly and one off hand RON WORSHAM of all people’s comment is the hill you die on?

Last edited:
It was never ruled out. Ron Worsham statement proves nothing. It was a statement and not anything official nor does it even completely rule things out.

Worsham being a big joke is enough to put doubt on this. Most disagreed with Worsham. And we all know how Mike feels about the cops. Figured I could get in your corner on this one.
I used that article because Scooby picked it out. They said it said one thing when it didn't.

Cops were dropping out of this investigation and the police department altogether. You yourself and others talk about the horribly ran investigation countlessly and one off hand RON WORSHAM of all people’s comment is the hill you die on?

This isn’t about getting in anyone’s corner. It is about sticking to facts and not trying to force a direction. We only want this solved. That is the only corner either of us will get behind.

Something I just thought of. A person like Sherrel who was probably paid a lot in cash, and couldn't always make it to the bank on time, would maybe find it easier to stop at a drug store, and buy a money order to pay a bill.

This isn’t about getting in anyone’s corner. It is about sticking to facts and not trying to force a direction. We only want this solved. That is the only corner either of us will get behind.
It’s been 26 years, I think Sherrill’s money is a good place to look. It’s not about her and her use of money but rather the source.

Just like it’s not about Garrison or drugs, but rather the source.

The things people do for money...the lengths they go to protect things surrounding the operation. That’s what I’m looking at.

My opinion: This wasn’t a sexual assault, at least not the original motive. This was not teenagers getting too wasted on drugs/booze and something going wrong. This was highly controlled with a bit of luck....

Something I just thought of. A person like Sherrel who was probably paid a lot in cash, and couldn't always make it to the bank on time, would maybe find it easier to stop at a drug store, and buy a money order to pay a bill.
If you get paid in cash you can use the cash to pay as many bills as you have.

No one finds it odd that someone who is buying so many big ticket items is paying for things routinely with money orders?

That wasn’t typical of Sherrill’s social and economic status of the time. Nor of divorced women. Nor of beauticians. My mother was divorced and single growing up and made less than Sherrill—she still had a bank account and so did most people we know. And this isn’t anecdotal. I lived in the Springfield area. My uncle who was always doing sketchy stuff used money orders. It was usually to avoid using a bank. Now it could be innocently avoiding the bank, or there could be other reasons (a lead perhaps?).

No one finds it odd that someone who is buying so many big ticket items is paying for things routinely with money orders?

That wasn’t typical of Sherrill’s social and economic status of the time. Nor of divorced women. Nor of beauticians. My mother was divorced and single growing up and made less than Sherrill—she still had a bank account and so did most people we know. And this isn’t anecdotal. I lived in the Springfield area. My uncle who was always doing sketchy stuff used money orders. It was usually to avoid using a bank. Now it could be innocently avoiding the bank, or there could be other reasons (a lead perhaps?).

It is just stated that she used them. It does not say how often. They could of just been used as down payments on the bigger ticket items. That is completely normal.

That wasn’t typical of Sherrill’s social and economic status of the time. Nor of divorced women. Nor of beauticians. My mother was divorced and single growing up and made less than Sherrill—she still had a bank account and so did most people we know. My uncle who was always doing sketchy stuff used money orders. It was usually to avoid using a bank. Now it could be innocently avoiding the bank, or there could be other reasons (a lead perhaps?).
Some people don't trust banks or don't trust themselves or others if they have checks available. Since she her money was left behind and she didn't use personal checks money wouldn't be a great motive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ty1220