Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to let the side down as I know that some whose opinions I respect greatly think quite the opposite, but the actions the next day on Delmar, when parsed, do not yield anything in particular in solving this crime. The doings of a group of - in the main - teenagers, half hung over from grad parties the night before, tell us only that, in the wake of a true mystery unfolding, normal people do daffy things - not that there's a cover-up in progress and that eighteen year-olds are pulling the wool over the coppers' eyes.

Well, some think it strange that Janelle let herself in to a friend's house she had (supposedly) never been to (so she asked Mike H to take her there? How did Mike know the way?).

My thinking of Janelle (posted on page 12) is that she was upset and hurt by the actions of her friends, so, by golly, she was going to find out what the you-know-what is going on!!

The girls cars were there, but they wouldn't answer the door? Well, Janelle's just gonna walk right in and confront them!

They're not there? What about her phone calls? Did they even listen to them? So she checked out the answering machine and, nope, they didn't even bother to listen to her messages! Now she's steaming!! Where are they?

So she decide she'll show them. Her and Mike take off to a pool park (or some such thing) and have a good time (while she's still seething!). But she can't stop wondering where they are and what they're doing (are they having fun without her?!), so her and Mike go back to the house and, darn it, they're STILL not there!! so, now she's feeling abandoned.

IDK. MOO.

Janelle gave interviews. Did Mike H ever give any? Has anything he has said been published? What did he think/say about all this?

Why did ditch the glass across the road as well?

A bin inside or maybe they had a outdoor bin as well and yet you then decide to go out of your way to dispose of the glass. It again shows how their thinking wasn’t logical to the normal person.

Also there is no way Janelle should of still been wet at 9PM at night. What’s the weather like in June I’m betting it was hot?

IMO
If people were concerned about Sherrill seeing glass or liking things to be tidy, it just being there is a red flag. It doesn’t seem like something she would have left there if she wasn’t in a hurry or if she was aware it was there. If they walked somewhere or went to breakfast Sherrill probably would have cleaned it up before hand.

If people were concerned about Sherrill seeing glass or liking things to be tidy, it just being there is a red flag. It doesn’t seem like something she would have left there if she wasn’t in a hurry or if she was aware it was there. If they walked somewhere or went to breakfast Sherrill probably would have cleaned it up before hand.

Have you or anyone contacted Cold Justice yet? I’m beginning to think that is a good idea. I like the way they eliminate suspects. If any case ever cried out for elimination of suspects this one does.

I wonder if the SPD Will allow them to look at the case.

If we knew who to concentrate on we could dig into their past and stop chasing down rabbit holes.

Last edited:
Well, some think it strange that Janelle let herself in to a friend's house she had (supposedly) never been to (so she asked Mike H to take her there? How did Mike know the way?).

My thinking of Janelle (posted on page 12) is that she was upset and hurt by the actions of her friends, so, by golly, she was going to find out what the you-know-what is going on!!

The girls cars were there, but they wouldn't answer the door? Well, Janelle's just gonna walk right in and confront them!

They're not there? What about her phone calls? Did they even listen to them? So she checked out the answering machine and, nope, they didn't even bother to listen to her messages! Now she's steaming!! Where are they?

So she decide she'll show them. Her and Mike take off to a pool park (or some such thing) and have a good time (while she's still seething!). But she can't stop wondering where they are and what they're doing (are they having fun without her?!), so her and Mike go back to the house and, darn it, they're STILL not there!! so, now she's feeling abandoned.

IDK. MOO.

Janelle gave interviews. Did Mike H ever give any? Has anything he has said been published? What did he think/say about all this?

That is a good question.

I’m unaware that he has ever been interviewed, either on television or in print.

Since he was with Janelle, the very first ones to the house, he should have considerable knowledge, especially, as has been reported, Janelle was in the back seat of his car crying. Why was she crying? What possible reason did she have to be in the back seat? He should have some insight into her odd behavior.

If she was that upset, why not drive to the McCall residence and inform them?

A personal experience: One time, my wife was not home when I expected her to be. I went nuts trying to find out why. Turned out that it because I didn’t remember she was at a Tai Chi class. When I learned that, the dread left me. Logically she could have gone to someone who best would have known if anyone would. At a minimum she could have left a note much earlier. Just strange.

I don’t recall what *hydro-slide June summer hours were . But I did verify with whitewater they are 10-AM - 6PM .
So no real reason to hit the road at 7:30 for a 30min drive . Or to be soaked 3-4 Hours after water park closes .

* subject to anyone that can confirm hydro-slide June hours of operation .

Sorry to let the side down as I know that some whose opinions I respect greatly think quite the opposite, but the actions the next day on Delmar, when parsed, do not yield anything in particular in solving this crime. The doings of a group of - in the main - teenagers, half hung over from grad parties the night before, tell us only that, in the wake of a true mystery unfolding, normal people do daffy things - not that there's a cover-up in progress and that eighteen year-olds are pulling the wool over the coppers' eyes.

For your consideration -

Personally , I don’t equate a 20.5 year old as a teen . That has a baby on the way himself .

However , Here is just one example of a female “teen” that wacked 4 people , left no evidence and went to work at a makeup counter 1 hour after.

* note * this doesn’t necessarily mean I think they’re responsible . But I think we’re naïve to think a crime couldn’t be committed by someone because they're a particular age .

Christine Marie Paolilla (born March 31, 1986) is a convicted American mass murderer who is serving a life sentence for fatally shooting four people, including two of her friends, in their Clear Lake City, Texas home on July 18, 2003
Paolilla, who was 17 years old at the time of the murders, was accompanied by her then-boyfriend, Christopher Snider. She was arrested on July 19, 2006, three years and one day after the murders were committed.
Snider and Paolilla left little evidence at the crime scene . An hour after the murders, Snider drove Paolilla to Walgreens where she was scheduled to work the makeup counter.

Last edited:
For your consideration -

Personally , I don’t equate a 20.5 year old as a teen . That has a baby on the way himself .

However , Here is just one example of a female “teen” that wacked 4 people , left no evidence and went to work at a makeup counter 1 hour after.

* note * this doesn’t necessarily mean I think they’re responsible . But I think we’re naïve to think a crime couldn’t be committed by someone because they're a particular age .

Christine Marie Paolilla (born March 31, 1986) is a convicted American mass murderer who is serving a life sentence for fatally shooting four people, including two of her friends, in their Clear Lake City, Texas home on July 18, 2003
Paolilla, who was 17 years old at the time of the murders, was accompanied by her then-boyfriend, Christopher Snider. She was arrested on July 19, 2006, three years and one day after the murders were committed.
Snider and Paolilla left little evidence at the crime scene . An hour after the murders, Snider drove Paolilla to Walgreens where she was scheduled to work the makeup counter.
Quite true. No one doubts that teens kill. However, the dead were not taken from the scene in the Paolilla murders, and the bodies were discovered soon after; and thus there was no careful hiding of the bodies, now missing 28 years and counting, as with 3MW. Nor was the crime scene at Clear Lake cleaned up effectively, though arrests did take awhile. It's not the quantity of the crime, it's the quality of the coverup, that makes it doubtful that there were young masterminds on Delmar.

Last edited:
I
Quite true. No one doubts that teens kill. However, the dead were not taken from the scene in the Paolilla murders, and the bodies were discovered soon after; and thus there was no careful hiding of the bodies, now missing 28 years and counting, as with 3MW. Nor was the crime scene at Clear Lake cleaned up effectively, though arrests did take awhile. It's not the quantity of the crime, it's the quality of the coverup, that makes it doubtful that there were young masterminds on Delmar.
In my opinion, you just need luck not masterminds to cover this up. MOO

In my opinion, you just need luck not masterminds to cover this up. MOO
You need planning and experience and luck and, sorry, teens lack one or more of those ingredients.

Have any of the teens subsequently had police records of any serious sort? I really don't know. (Others of course we know have encountered the law a time or two after 3MW.)

@lisaNYC Thank you, Lisa.

Here is just one of my theories about Janelle. MOO I'm glad to see people suspicious of Janelle. I know the idea of teenagers doing something like this is hard to imagine, but Kathy Kirby was only 36 at the time. I see her as being the "cool mom". Janis was strict. (showing up when Stacy snuck out.) Perhaps Kathy and Janelle covered for Stacy so she could see someone else?

Anyway, I don't think more than five people are involved in this case. Janelle, Kathy Kirby, Randy Kirby, Henson, and perhaps Joy are on the top of my "locals list." I bring this back to being graduation night. If Janelle pressured one or both of the girls into drinking/ trying some sort of drug, they could have overdosed and died or had another sort of accident. Drowning? Someone, even Janelle, could have called Sherrill freaking out. Even Stacy could have called her. If Suzie and Stacy both were killed accidentally, saying they went to spend the night together and went missing wouldn't be a bad idea.

Then it comes to Sherrill. I firmly believe she was the only person "at the wrong place at the wrong time." It is my belief that Sherrill would have moved Heaven and Earth for Suzie. Sherrill HAD to be taken. She would have asked too many questions. If someone contacted Sherrill, and she went to where the girls were and Suzie was already dead, I'd imagine she cause quite a scene. In the heat of the moment, she's yelling at Janelle and her parents. Telling her she's going to prison, and that she killed Suzie and Stacy. She's then killed in the heat of the moment. I believe it is possible that Sherill was the only one murdered.

Another angle of Sherrill. Her bedroom window was cracked open due to the varnish. If she was up reading and heard people parking the cars, naturally she would have ran outside in a hurry and could have easily been overpowered and taken from the porch in the heat of the moment. I'm also not opposed to the idea of Suzie and Stacy dropping their cars at 1717 East Delmar before going back out to a small gathering.

Ask yourself who has the most to lose when it comes to this case. If something happened on or because of Janelle, The Kirbys could have been sued and stood to lose their savings, land, house, reputation and possibly freedom. Janelle wouldn't have gone to college that fall. She would have criminal charges. People react differently in the heat of the moment especially if they have a lot to lose. They do things they don't normally do.

I'm not saying the women weren't taken from the house. It's possible. I'm just saying it's quite convenient that the first time Stacy and Suzie spent the night together in years, they both went missing and on graduation night. Kathy Kirby hearing them leave is also too convenient for me. Why did JK change her timeline? Why did MH? Why was Suzie "That other girl." Janelle's actions do not make sense to me. I was 18 in 2012. Completely different worlds, but I can't imagine myself going into my friend's house and seeing all of their things there and just leaving thinking they'd be back later. I do not believe anyone called Janelle whenever she was there. I believe whoever did this wanted to make it seem as though the women were abducted, and speculation, rumor, and luck took it away from there.

I would also be curious about JK or MH have any relatives in LE. Someone could have told JK to bring as many people to the house as possible. Also, showing up at the house would provide why people's fingerprints are there.

All of this is JMO. When it comes to this case I don't rule anyone out.

Yet Police still couldn’t solve the crime .... only reason she was caught was because she ran her mouth to other dopers .

Cover up is easy . It doesn’t take the Gambino crime family ..

* 1705 out of town no other neighbors to hear or be witness .

* 18 people wrecked the crime scene - we can add this to the luck column .

* Ozarks is one of the best / easiest places to conceal someone .

Tens of thousands of people are currently missing in the US . Do we think all of them are not found because of some criminal mastermind?? Just not possible .

Yet Police still couldn’t solve the crime .... only reason she was caught was because she ran her mouth to other dopers .

Cover up is easy . It doesn’t take the Gambino crime family ..

* 1705 out of town no other neighbors to hear or be witness .

* 18 people wrecked the crime scene - we can add this to the luck column .

* Ozarks is one of the best / easiest places to conceal someone .

Tens of thousands of people are currently missing in the US . Do we think all of them are not found because of some criminal mastermind?? Just not possible .
Not sure of your point(s). Yes, when someone talks, that helps solve matters. A teen did the crime then talked. In 3MW? Not so much, I guess.

The Ozarks is a fine place to conceal bodies. What makes it one of the easiest?

18 people wrecked the crime scene. Bad break, but does that point to those teenagers being triple killers?

Having not committed a triple kidnap homicide, I really wouldn't know for sure about the cover up ease. You make it sound like rolling out of bed.

Most of the "tens of thousands," the vast majority, are missing voluntarily. The others, those whose ends came via nefarious means, probably weren't killed by kids who went to their high schools, made the bodies disappear, then led crime free lives afterwards.

@Boston Corbett try seeing the teenagers, not as killers, but as reacting to a freak accident. Janelle even said, perhaps rightfully so, that night was a "Freak Situation." I don't think the teenagers killed anyone, but if their whole futures seemed to be at risk, they would probably listen to any adult that told them what to say and how to react.

You need planning and experience and luck and, sorry, teens lack one or more of those ingredients.

Have any of the teens subsequently had police records of any serious sort? I really don't know. (Others of course we know have encountered the law a time or two after 3MW.)
Mike Henson has police records.

Not sure of your point(s). Yes, when someone talks, that helps solve matters. A teen did the crime then talked. In 3MW? Not so much, I guess.

The Ozarks is a fine place to conceal bodies. What makes it one of the easiest?

18 people wrecked the crime scene. Bad break, but does that point to those teenagers being triple killers?

Having not committed a triple kidnap homicide, I really wouldn't know for sure about the cover up ease. You make it sound like rolling out of bed.

Most of the "tens of thousands," the vast majority, are missing voluntarily. The others, those whose ends came via nefarious means, probably weren't killed by kids who went to their high schools, made the bodies disappear, then led crime free lives afterwards.

Most members seem to be entrenched in their theory’s , and that’s okay .

Are we still referring 20.5 year olds as teens though ?

I was @Nixaeagle lol. My theories change daily. At the beginning of March, I thought Larry Hall was responsible. But every time I learn something new I always come back to Janelle and her family. The Kirby's established the entire timeline, including when Kathy Heard Suzie Say "Follow me to my house." and then "Ok, I will." Stay replied. Lol just say that sentence out loud. I don't see them saying that. It's too perfect. Then they leave and are never seen again.

Most members seem to be entrenched in their theory’s , and that’s okay .

Are we still referring 20.5 year olds as teens though ?
No, but neither do their relatively tender years recommend them as organized killers flawless their first time out.

I have no idea what happened, but will defend or oppose anything based on logic, and, well, wanting our threads to seek information and encourage discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member