Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you all know how much I appreciate all of you for thinking about the women. This Rabbit Hole of a case can be frustrating. I can't imagine how the family feels. It's driven me crazy in a short amount of time. I can't imagine 28 years.

There are two things I "know" about this case.

1) The Women Didn't Disappear on their own.
2) After all this time, whoever did this has no conscience.

If you go to casenet you will see many. :)

The place to look is the 31st Circuit. Looks like they were divorced in 2007. He was ordered to pay $550 per month child support. Michael Hiram Henson, b 1972.

There may be other cases but a whole bunch of cases to sort through.

There are a number of individuals with this name. I believe his address at was one time Brookline Station. Don’t know if this was changed but when I lived there that was Battlefield, Missouri.

I really don’t care for Missouri Casenet. The files they had under Michael Carr had a ton of information. One would need to go see the court today to see all the interesting information.

Last edited:
Wow! I did a simple Google on Henson and ran across a collection of news clippings relating to this and other cases. It was hundreds of clippings including a letter I wrote to the News-Leader in 1993. Google the third one down. At the very end is a short clipping about an arrest by an obscure police officer in California. He is today known as the Golden State Killer. That was from 1978. This would keep a person busy for a month.

Henson and Kirby’s marriage announcement is shown.

Obviously, I do not know Janelle Kirby at all, but from the videos I've seen her in, she comes across to me as a... hmmm... "Daddy's little girl", the popular girl at school who would only hang out with the "right people". Needs to be the center of attention, etc.

Could she have been upset at Susie and Stacy for deciding to not stay at her house that night and instead headed off together (without her!!). Maybe she worried that they would go off together without her to White Water, and that's why she started calling early, to put herself back "in charge" of their little group.

Also, could explain why she was reported to be crying (in the back seat of Mike's car, or on the steps outside - doesn't matter), she could have been upset that her friends had, seemingly, taken off together and left her behind...

MOO

PS: was it ever explained anywhere the decision to NOT go to Branson that night?

Quite to the contrary, her reputation had sharper edges, not necessarily violent but a person who you ought not mess with. As for MH the persona.. or rep I have heard is that of constantly wandering eyes on other women.

Assumption on my part: Stacy told her mom she would not go to Branson that night and stay at Janelle's instead so as not to upset her mom that she planned on staying at a boy's house.

Janelle also called her mom to tell her they would not go to Branson that night. (NL June 10)

Where did you find the info that the girls called from the Joy house?

Stacy could have lied to her mom about staying at Janelle. My point is that Janelle 's account of the events contradicts Janis McCall 's version of what Stacy said to her. And that´s how you can decide to trust in Janis McCall´s word (ans Stacy herself)
or you can believe in a person who has contradicted herself and has destroyed evidence. It´s up to you.
Also, I would like to know where did you get that Janelle also called her mom.

Quite to the contrary, her reputation had sharper edges, not necessarily violent but a person who you ought not mess with. As for MH the persona.. or rep I have heard is that of constantly wandering eyes on other women.

Can you elaborate more on their profiles. Is it true that Henson has a criminal record?

Also, I would like to know where did you get that Janelle also called her mom.

News-Leader article of June 10, page 14A. Right sidebar titled Timeline of Events, 9:30 time stamp.

Also, again: where did you find that the girls (Janelle and Stacy) called their moms from the Joy house?

Last edited:
Stacy had earlier snuck out of the house - only to find her mom waiting outside the apartment building she had gone into.

Interesting. I wonder when that happened. How close to graduation was that? Who did she go see? How did her mom know where she was going? Didn't one, or more, of the GR's live in an apartment?

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
"If she is, she's in her underwear," Janis answered. On the floor were Stacy's flowered shorts, her rings and her watch in the pocket.

Could she have worn some of Suzie's clothes to go out? Bookout asked.

No, Janis answered. Stacy wouldn't fit into Suzie's clothes

So why did Janelle who had been though the home at least 2/3 times not jump to that conclusion in the AM?

Janelle saw her at 2am in that exact outfit and now it’s on the bed folded up.

And Shane Appleby said they were happy and in good moods. I think he also mentioned Suzie's stomachache.

That's all I know about him. How good of friends was he with the girls and/or Mike H. or the three GR's?

And Shane Appleby said they were happy and in good moods. I think he also mentioned Suzie's stomachache.

That's all I know about him. How good of friends was he with the girls and/or Mike H. or the three GR's?
I think he was friends with Suzy and Henson.

"Bookout tried to reassure her.

"If they want to get in, they can come to the department and identify themselves.
""

This is hilarious (sadly), and goes to my thinking of the ineptness of the SPD: Bookout locked all of their ID's in the house. How would they prove who they were...

I think he was friends with Suzy and Henson.
A friend of Suzie's? So, possibly, a friend of Mike Kovacs, who Suzie lived with a bit (and his grandmother). Whom Suzie (and her mother!) got a restraining order against.

Doesn't really lend any info on Appleby's disposition, especially to the girls, though...

But, still, gotta wonder...

BTW, that article said 3 of 5. I couldn't find the others. Paywall?

t.

I have no idea what happened, but will defend or oppose anything based on logic, and, well, wanting our threads to seek information and encourage discussion.
Logic says :

* You know where you were

* You don’t have multiple conflicting statements

* suspicious actions

It’s the totality of the circumstances . Choosing to ignore multiple red flags , is a poor investigation .

"Bookout tried to reassure her.

"If they want to get in, they can come to the department and identify themselves.
""

This is hilarious (sadly), and goes to my thinking of the ineptness of the SPD: Bookout locked all of their ID's in the house. How would they prove who they were...
They would need a search warrant . And since he knew what they all look like , he was probably assuming they would come home before the end of his shift like all the other routine missing persons cases he had been on .

Never thought about that @asyousay! I'm so confused about Stacy's overnight bag. I can't find if it's mentioned she had one or not.

They would need a search warrant . And since he knew what they all look like , he was probably assuming they would come home before the end of his shift like all the other routine missing persons cases he had been on .

And that is why I call them inept...

Logic says :

* You know where you were

* You don’t have multiple conflicting statements

* suspicious actions

It’s the totality of the circumstances . Choosing to ignore multiple red flags , is a poor investigation .
Do you really think this was a crime committed by the teens' peers?

I read along here with great interest, and do hope sleuths state what they feel actually happened.

Will, when I have seen your posts around I have often wondered if you are the son or grandson of the late attorney? Or otherwise related? And if you are an attorney yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member