Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah bc of the Chief .
They weren’t gooses , and I’ve never seen a pic of SG wearing colors or that he even owned a motorcycle . Or GJ1 or GJ2 for that matter .

I’m curious.

I’m not a Goose and was never in a motorcycle gang. But I have owned five bikes. I don’t get their appeal except for a bunch of losers who couldn’t cut it in the “free world.”

Although it is true that Garrison didn’t own a Harley (so far as I know), he was, I believe 36 years old at the time of the grand jury. My rudimentary knowledge of the gang is that once in, there is no way out. He was only out for a few weeks prior to the abductions. Just because he was not a “patched” member (what is that?) he was from three solid sources I have in fact a Goose.

If you have provable contrary information I’d like to see it and I will have a “come to Jesus” moment with my sources. Thank you in advance. I would like this cleared up.

Garrison was not involved with the abductions. He had a rock solid alibi. He wasn’t there that night.
He could have always helped LE solve the case especially after they couldn't get the one who "knew too much & got in over his head" (or words to that effect) to turn. This case as always gone thru him. But he could leverage nothing for himself after being convicted of rape in the top 1% as classified by the FBI. Obviously there's no incentive for him to help LE now.

There are a few others who are complicit at various levels, at different crime scenes. This case took a unfortunate turn about 2 yrs ago & will probably never come into a court of law now. It would probably even take more than a deathbed confession of someone who is just complicit to get it there.

What, if any, is the connection between Suzie and the GG?

What could either of them know that would cause them to be abducted by the GG? Knowledge of large quantities of drugs moving in and out of Springfield combined with Suzie possibly testifying against one or all of the GR, which could lead to the issue of the drug smuggling?

I say Suzie because I wonder why the perp(s) waited until Suzie got home that night to go in, if Sherrill was their intended target. Why not take Sherrill when she was definitely alone?

This.

Decide the reason your candidate did the deed before proposing him for a starring role. It's not enough to say, Such-and-such was a bad person in the vicinity, and was active then. The SOB snatched and murdered three grown women without leaving actionable clues! Why?
I don't know anything about crime solving (except cop shows!) but the theory of the crime thing is a crucial organizing feature of investigating. That's what leads to discovering the prime mover, the one who set it in motion. The only way it wouldn't be, here, is if this was done on a whim, done as a crime of opportunity, by some passerby. I don't think that's likely.

What, if any, is the connection between Suzie and the GG?

What could either of them know that would cause them to be abducted by the GG? Knowledge of large quantities of drugs moving in and out of Springfield combined with Suzie possibly testifying against one or all of the GR, which could lead to the issue of the drug smuggling?

I say Suzie because I wonder why the perp(s) waited until Suzie got home that night to go in, if Sherrill was their intended target. Why not take Sherrill when she was definitely alone?
Stacy was in the home for allegedly the first time. I assume both Suzie and Sherrill were home together or separately at different times. One of the GRs had already made a deal to testify against his "friends". There was the pawn shop clerk or owner that alerted police. Suzie most likely had to prove she wasn't there to cops. She probably would never have had to testify because it would have been hearsay. Mid trial if something gets that far you can't just blurt out other crimes. She wasn't being questioned by a grand jury.

No, what I said was, first, establish a theory of why the crime was committed.

GJ3 just happens to be a pretty well-known aspect of the case. As for the $$, the only takeaway I have is that the perps weren't there to rob the place and thus I speculated earlier that they were hired pros. If so, I suspect it doesn't involve GJ3 at all.

Certainly does not appear to have been somone just "doing burglaries in the area."

I think Sherrill learned something through a client involving drugs and she was the probable target.

So how did GJ3 come on their radar ? AND enough to try and get an indictment ? The GJ obviously didn’t give a true bill and thought evidence was lacking .
Do you think they send a case up , just based on burglaries in the area ?

He could have always helped LE solve the case especially after they couldn't get the one who "knew too much & got in over his head" (or words to that effect) to turn. This case as always gone thru him. But he could leverage nothing for himself after being convicted of rape in the top 1% as classified by the FBI. Obviously there's no incentive for him to help LE now.

There are a few others who are complicit at various levels, at different crime scenes. This case took a unfortunate turn about 2 yrs ago & will probably never come into a court of law now. It would probably even take more than a deathbed confession of someone who is just complicit to get it there.

One of the suspects got out of prison 2 years ago . Not sure if that’s your reference .
I think best case scenario would be just locating them for families . There wouldn’t likely be any evidentiary evidence by now anyways .

how could they say the van sighting was credible from the porch lady?
It’s bogus and makes zero sense and yet they took her word for it. Why is the question I want answered.
MOO
What do the rest of you make of the "van incident"?

Did she see it or make it up? If she made it up, why? What was in it for her? And if she didn't make it up, who does it point toward, perp-wise?

Aug. 26-27, 1994:
A federal grand jury reviewed evidence in the missing women's case. Police sources said they had three suspects at the time.

One was a 36-year-old man from Springfield with a long criminal record dating to 1978. He's spent most of his adult life in jail or prison, including sentences for stealing, burglary, theft, robbery and harassment.
He had escaped from prison and, most recently, was arrested for raping
and sodomizing a woman in Springfield after breaking into her home.
On this date, he was behind bars.

The second suspect was a 28-year-old man from Kansas. He,
too, has a criminal record dating to 1984, including convictions for burglary, aggravated assault, escape and various parole violations.
He also was behind bars at this time. The third suspect was a
28-year-old man who was originally from Cedar County, Mo., near Stockton. He was first arrested in 1985 and has done time for burglary, stealing and parole violation. He escaped from prison with the first suspect in 1990 but was in custody as of this date.

These three men were moved around the Kansas prison system for years and often did time together in the same facility. When the three women disappeared, all three of the men were on the street.

The federal grand jury issued no indictments.

What do the rest of you make of the "van incident"?

Did she see it or make it up? If she made it up, why? What was in it for her? And if she didn't make it up, who does it point toward, perp-wise?

I think people wanted to help so badly they might have added details to things they saw. That woman might have seen a van with a female driver and mistaken a regular argument for a kidnapping. I don't know how the van sighting was considered legitimate and the APCO one wasn't.

One of the suspects got out of prison 2 years ago . Not sure if that’s your reference .
I think best case scenario would be just locating them for families . There wouldn’t likely be any evidentiary evidence by now anyways .
I'm well aware of that but that wasn't my reference.

What was the unfortunate turn this case took 2 years ago?

Stacy was in the home for allegedly the first time. I assume both Suzie and Sherrill were home together or separately at different times. One of the GRs had already made a deal to testify against his "friends". There was the pawn shop clerk or owner that alerted police. Suzie most likely had to prove she wasn't there to cops. She probably would never have had to testify because it would have been hearsay. Mid trial if something gets that far you can't just blurt out other crimes. She wasn't being questioned by a grand jury.

OK. But, still, what ties the GG motorcycle gang to Sherrill/Suzie?
Why would they want to abduct either/both of them?

I think people wanted to help so badly they might have added details to things they saw. That woman might have seen a van with a female driver and mistaken a regular argument for a kidnapping. I don't know how the van sighting was considered legitimate and the APCO one wasn't.
Probably right, mistaken. Or just a do-gooder. Or maybe nuts. But if not....it was either accurate; or maybe a way of covering for the true criminals; or -- well, her husband was associated with a wrecking yard, maybe she was trying to indicate where the bodies wound up, crushed in some random wreck. Likelihoods are probably in that order.
I think APCO much more likely a scenario, too.

I still think because so many young people were involved, you may never find a link.
The link could have well been rumors and exaggerations that made it to the "wrong" crowd spreading out from those around the girls.
In other words, I feel they could have been killed for what someone thought they knew instead of what they actually did know.

I don't think this had anything to do with a motorcycle club or silencing Suzie and Sherrill about drugs. Besides insulting these women it doesn't make sense. Graduation night wouldn't be predictable.

I don't think this had anything to do with a motorcycle club or silencing Suzie and Sherrill about drugs. Besides insulting these women it doesn't make sense. Graduation night wouldn't be predictable.

Probably right, mistaken. Or just a do-gooder. Or maybe nuts. But if not....it was either accurate; or maybe a way of covering for the true criminals; or -- well, her husband was associated with a wrecking yard, maybe she was trying to indicate where the bodies wound up, crushed in some random wreck. Likelihoods are probably in that order.
I think APCO much more likely a scenario, too.
Her husband being associated with a junk yard or wrecking yard could have given her credibility in knowing her cars. You have to ignore they shadiness that industry. lol

Her husband being associated with a junk yard or wrecking yard could have given her credibility in knowing her cars. You have to ignore they shadiness that industry. lol
Just a bit ironic that, in a case with missing bodies, a woman whose husband was associated with a type of place which has been known to disappear bodies just happens to call in a tip of that sort. Hmm.... But life is full of coincidences (though some think there's no such thing).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
everyoneblooms