Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a bit ironic that, in a case with missing bodies, a woman whose husband was associated with a type of place which has been known to disappear bodies just happens to call in a tip of that sort. Hmm.... But life is full of coincidences (though some think there's no such thing).

Hopefully her husbands job was checked for missing people and missing cars. They probably don't keep the best receipts when hiding bodies in crushed cars.

Hopefully her husbands job was checked for missing people and missing cars. They probably don't keep the best receipts when hiding bodies in crushed cars.
Yep. Plus that wreckage would have been in a landfill within a day or two. They have to have been somewhere these 28 years, and they wouldn't easily resurface from such a burial. And what would be left of them if they did?

Yep. Plus that wreckage would have been in a landfill within a day or two. They have to have been somewhere these 28 years, and they wouldn't easily resurface from such a burial. And what would be left of them if they did?
Major Fact Check -- It was a used car lot that she & her husband owned & operated together; not a salvage or scrap yard. As I recall the business address was on St. Louis St. which runs east & west running into old downtown Springfield. Not exactly a good location for a junkyard.

Major Fact Check -- It was a used car lot that she & her husband owned & operated together; not a salvage or scrap yard. As I recall the business address was on St. Louis St. which runs east & west running into old downtown Springfield. Not exactly a good location for a junkyard.
Thanks. If I were really a dog holding onto this bone tenaciously, I might suggest that used car lot owners would at least know wrecker yard types! But there are too many other good locations to plant the bodies. A shovel and some acreage and you're there. The wreckage yard idea does over-complicate things.

This post lands at random.

Please stop the cryptic references and make it clear what you are saying rather than make other members guess at what you are trying to convey. If you can't discuss it according to Websleuths TOS, then just don't mention it.

What do the rest of you make of the "van incident"?

Did she see it or make it up? If she made it up, why? What was in it for her? And if she didn't make it up, who does it point toward, perp-wise?

Probably mistaken ID. You never know what info you have could be important. Most people really don't think anything they've seen could be worthwhile. Ever really look out for the described vehicle in an Amber Alert in your area?

Probably mistaken ID. You never know what info you have could be important. Most people really don't think anything they've seen could be worthwhile. Ever really look out for the described vehicle in an Amber Alert in your area?
so many times an amber alert goes off on my phone. I've almost jumped out of my skin, but when I check the kid is usually found.

Last edited:

Did she see it or make it up? If she made it up, why? What was in it for her? And if she didn't make it up, who does it point toward, perp-wise?

Attention seeking I think as their is no truth in it. Unfortunately a lot of sad pathetic people out there that want to feel involved.

I believe the other sighting from the women who nearly crashed into a van and that may of not been the van involved in the abduction but that definitely happened.

MOO

It’s interesting that 3 of SPD cold cases were in ‘92 and then Frank Stanton ( News - Leader employee ) was killed June 10, 1993 almost a year to date the 3 women were missing .
I don’t think they’re related , but Anstutz does confirm there were active nighttime residential burglaries with armed suspects .

On October 8, 1992, at 8:42 p.m. Springfield Police Officers were dispatched to 2546 S. Glenwood Terrace for a report of the homeowner being shot as he interrupted a burglary at the residence. Officers arrived and discovered the residents of the home, Paul Anstutz and his wife, returned to the home after being gone for a few hours and discovered someone had broken into their home. Mr. Anstutz and his wife entered the home and discovered a male suspect inside the home. The male suspect attempted to flee from the home. Mr. Anstutz confronted the suspect and Mr. Anstutz was shot during the confrontation. The suspect then fled from the home. Mr. Anstutz was transported from the home to a local hospital where he died as a result of a gunshot wound.

Curious indeed. I wonder what ol' Frank knew.

I've posted this pic before, but I can't get over how much that last man reminds me of Larry Hall. This was published on July 1. A woman was almost kidnapped but was able to bite her attacker.

Attachments

• The_Springfield_News_Leader_Wed__Jul_1__1992_ (1).jpg
    The_Springfield_News_Leader_Wed__Jul_1__1992_ (1).jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 48

It's so oddly specific to have been misconstrued -- "Don't do anything stupid," said to someone looking like the rather-distinctive-looking Suzie. Purportedly.

It's so oddly specific to have been misconstrued -- "Don't do anything stupid," said to someone looking like the rather-distinctive-looking Suzie. Purportedly.

People sometimes fill in conversations. If they heard yelling they might add more ominous words. If someone was driving and got turned around people with them might have been annoyed. In my experience relatives and couples snap at each other while driving or get into arguments.

Well, Vans were in the N-L on June 17th and June 21st . She didn’t come forward til almost August .

Attachments

• 58C6E8AB-F6AA-478D-BE95-AB87EFF750B5.jpeg
    58C6E8AB-F6AA-478D-BE95-AB87EFF750B5.jpeg
    189 KB · Views: 31
  • F7B24E96-0F55-42E7-9E6F-658E5584FFC0.jpeg
    F7B24E96-0F55-42E7-9E6F-658E5584FFC0.jpeg
    181.4 KB · Views: 33
People sometimes fill in conversations. If they heard yelling they might add more ominous words. If someone was driving and got turned around people with them might have been annoyed. In my experience relatives and couples snap at each other while driving or get into arguments.
Maybe. But I think (in trouble already!) it either literally happened as Porch Lady reported, or something else entirely happened (or didn't) and her report was meant for - God knows what, from her being a deluded do-gooder inventing the whole schmeer to....something weird, something case-connected, just not perps and hostages in a moss-green van in the middle of a Greene County June night.

Did the Porch Lady try to get on local and/or national news to get her 15 minutes of fame, or did she just tell her story to the cops and was done?

One way is looking for attention and can be suspect; the other is just trying to be a good citizen...

IMO

Maybe. But I think (in trouble already!) it either literally happened as Porch Lady reported, or something else entirely happened (or didn't) and her report was meant for - God knows what, from her being a deluded do-gooder inventing the whole schmeer to....something weird, something case-connected, just not perps and hostages in a moss-green van in the middle of a Greene County June night.

If they hadn't put a van in front of the police station it would be easier to believe eye witness statements. Something might have happened that was legit or it could have been that she filled in blanks wanting to be helpful. If the van was stick shift and the driver wasn't familiar with it, people tend to get upset when you don't stop normally.

Might I break this ominous silence to suggest someone propose what it is you feel most likely happened that night in June, what transpired and for what reason, and where the bodies might now be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appleatcha