Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would also like to add that I believe whoever is responsible for this crime knew at least one, perhaps two, of the women. I also believe Sherrill was "collateral damage".

The assumption is no forced entry . So a trusted person had to be let in .
What if , they came in an unlocked door , window Or contacted the girls as they were arriving home . That would have been the optimal time . Kelsey Smith , Jen Kesse , Jodi Huisentruit were all abducted At their vehicles in parking lots .

I have yet to find any info on how/why the SPD dismissed the open bedroom window and removed screen as a possible entry point - or maybe they didn't and have kept that as undisclosed evidence only the real perp(s) would know...

I'm still not sure the house is the "scene of the crime".
It certainly seems the three were all at the house together at some time during the night. However, there is no sign of forced entry or struggle inside the house. I also don't necessarily believe that Stacy had no other clothes with her (what teenager doesn't have some secrets their parents don't know about?) Given how late the girls got to the house, there would be little time for clean up or significant staging of the crime scene.
This makes me really think they were lured outside and that's where the abduction happened - rather than an intruder inside forcing them out.
What if the light globe was broken as someone struggled to get back inside the house (hopefully to safety) than either as a ruse or broken on the way out?

Last edited:
I have multiple theory’s but I feel like Suzie was the target along with her mum because Suzie knew something and being so close to her mum she also had to be shut up.

Janelle knows a lot more than what has been told. I don’t think she killed them but I definitely think she could of helped stage the home because she was involved in something probably drugs looking at her year book photos and was under some kind of pressure.

Graveyard Thief’s at least one of them is involved

I think to some extent this was planned in the weeks leading up to graduation and it all came together that am.

I don’t believe a serial killer did this.

IMO
MOO
isnt it kind of weird that we never hear about Joseph Riedel on the crime shows? And Garrison for that matter? Thats kinda what makes me think they are serious suspects...or POIs at least

i read somewhere on here he had a 100k fugitive bounty ? what's up with that?

isnt it kind of weird that we never hear about Joseph Riedel on the crime shows? And Garrison for that matter? Thats kinda what makes me think they are serious suspects...or POIs at least

i read somewhere on here he had a 100k fugitive bounty ? what's up with that?

Which one of them flee town days after this as well?

100k is stupidly high for somebody who so young and considering his crime sheet. MOO

There is a photo on r/oldschoolsad
(Suzie Streeter (left) posing with friends & a graduation cake she’d never eat (06/6/92). Hours before she and her mother, Sherrill, along with a fellow HS graduate, Stacy, vanished without a trace on June 7, 1992. The Springfield Three. : OldSchoolSad)
of Suzie and Nigel with her grad cake on 6/6/92, but with a guy in between.

I've seen that pic before but with only Suzie and Nigel. Who's the guy? Anyone know?
6edul0g9t6q41.jpg

Hope I don't get in trouble for posting this...

:cool:

(Suzie Streeter (left) posing with friends & a graduation cake she’d never eat (06/6/92). Hours before she and her mother, Sherrill, along with a fellow HS graduate, Stacy, vanished without a trace on June 7, 1992. The Springfield Three. : OldSchoolSad)

I've seen that pic before but with only Suzie and Nigel. Who's the guy? Anyone know?
6edul0g9t6q41.jpg

Is this not Shane?

6edul0g9t6q41.jpg

I remember seeing this picture not long ago. I think that's Nigel's boyfriend.

That picture of James Cornielson, Nigel's boyfriend-at-the-time, not Shane Appleby. It's important to stick to facts. And just because he took a picture with her that night does not make him guilty of this crime.

That picture of James Cornielson, Nigel's boyfriend-at-the-time, not Shane Appleby. It's important to stick to facts. And just because he took a picture with her that night does not make him guilty of this crime.

nobody accused him of anything did they ?

Thanks for the name as I thought it was Shane for some reason.

Thanks for that info. Funny how the picture I saw before, with just Suzie and Nigel, looks exactly the same - like someone just photoshopped him in...

Someone asked who the guy was. No one accused the guy of being involved in the dissapearance.

The reason no one's spilled the beans in the many years afterward? This suggests a fear enforced by organizational means -- something outlaw bike gangs are notorious for.

I was just thinking about this theory, which seems viable. It's reflected in the FBI profile of the crime, IIRC. Also, the unusual behavior of local LE (when officers took two suspects to a motel for questioning) may indicate the organization had sources inside LE who were reporting investigation activities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knoop