Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for that info. Funny how the picture I saw before, with just Suzie and Nigel, looks exactly the same - like someone just photoshopped him in...

Well nobody would do that though and that’s a weird conspiracy.

The only way I think Law enforcement would be involved would be after they broke the Elders party.
I don't think parties had much to do with this as I think it was master planned.
Speaking of LE involvement, what do you think of the fact that their best lead was a van on the HQ parking lot? What do you feel about Detective Doug Thomas personally bailing out Steve Garrison and taking him to a cheap motel to discuss this case? Red flag!

Has anyone ever thought that someone who could have brought Sherrill home or drove her car home might have been known to her? Where did she purchase her car and where was it serviced?

Such a person may have been “trusted “ enough to be allowed in.

Cox was known to have worked for Reliable Chevrolet. He may have been trying to sell her a car and drove her or rode with her if she was shopping. Or he was providing a service for her as part of their staff. He was after all, a “clean cut” looking young man at the the time.

There is another wild card to throw out that I only learned recently from a close friend of hers who cleaned her carpets before or during the time she was moving in.

She was said to be a regular customer of the Cattleman’s truck stop along U.S. 60 southwest of Springfield on the way to to Rogersville. I have never been there although I passed by there hundreds of time on my way to work. They were said to have very good steak dinners. I had heard this story many years ago but it was only recently been confirmed. I could name him but he may prefer not to be dragged into the case. Of course the police could always contact me.

It would seem that this would offer an almost unlimited number of people she may have known. Wouldn’t they all be possible suspects?

Last edited:
I don't think parties had much to do with this as I think it was master planned.
Speaking of LE involvement, what do you think of the fact that their best lead was a van on the HQ parking lot? What do you feel about Detective Doug Thomas personally bailing out Steve Garrison and taking him to a cheap motel to discuss this case? Red flag!

If this was “master planned” what do you believe the motive was? That has always been the missing key to solving this case. My personal opinion is that it was not.

I agree with you about Thomas, however. And if Garrison is to be believed as he told to me personally by telephone the door to his room was left unlocked. He was by himself evidently. He merely opened it and walked to his freedom.

Last edited:
Another Gaf by those tv programs Stu was not even with reliable Chevrolet for 15 months before June ‘92. So much misleading by “ people rag “.

Maybe Suzie and Stacy never went back to Delmar? Maybe they really ended up staying at one of the places that were offered? Maybe they were drugged or tipsy and at some point Suzie felt like she needed to go home but didn't feel well enough to to drive and called her mom?
I was a teenager during this time and my mom and I had an agreement, if I ever needed a ride I was to call her. I know that the three times I did call my mom in the wee hours of the morning the machine picked up. I would leave a message and then hang up and immediately call back. My mom always picked up that second call.
Maybe Suzie and Sherrill had a similar agreement? That might explain why someone erased or messed with messages? So let's say Suzi called and Sherrill grabbed her keys, purse, smokes and went to get her baby. She gets to the address and sees something that somebody was willing to kill over and all three are silenced. The killers drive the vehicles back, parks them in the wrong spots, drops all three purses in floor together and stages the scene in a hurry. After that they have a lot of time to get rid of bodies and clean up the actual crime scene.
A couple of things don't seem right to me
Stacey's jewelry being in the pockets of her folded shorts stacked on her shoes in the floor bothers me. Men tend to fold, stack, and put stuff in their shoes and pockets. Most women I know would leave the jewelry on their body, on a table top, or in their purse.
I am also not convinced by the makeup wash rags either. I have one in my hamper from yesterday morning that is still wet. It doesn't prove they were there.
That's my two cents.
It's late and I am typing like I think...scattered.

Last edited:
I would like the theory more that they didn’t get home if make up and flannels had not been used and Stacey’s clothing at the foot of Suzie’s bed. Plus I’m sure a thumb print of Stacey’s was found near the front door.

MOO

Wouldn't that imply the house was staged? For what reason? Why bother staging the house? That would go a ways to help deciding motive...

I do believe the house was staged. If Stacy and Suzie were taken from there then they would have had to have let someone in or someone was already there. I don't believe this to be the case. I believe Sherrill was the only one taken from Delmar.

Well, again, I repeat: why bother staging the house? What's the purpose?

You risk the chance of being seen, or someone driving by and reporting a strange car at the house, with a description, and then the cops search you out. Unless it was cops in an unmarked car...

I could see doing the makeup washcloths and Stacy's shorts, but what's the deal with the handbags? That seems odd.

Would it be to gain time to get the women away? Far away? Sunday night (at least 12 hours or more and gone by) the cops looked at the house, took the keys and left a note for Sherrill to call them when she got back!

That, right there, is just weird to me...

Sherrill had $750.00 Cash , and another $780 in uncashed checks .. that could be washed . Have a hard time believing the thieves / burglars wouldn’t take that .

Another theory is , the 10-18 people in the house “ helping “ could have grabbed them up and going through , looking for clues . And they weren’t left that way when the abductions occurred .

Sherrill had $750.00 Cash , and another $780 in uncashed checks .. that could be washed . Have a hard time believing the thieves / burglars wouldn’t take that .

Another theory is , the 10-18 people in the house “ helping “ could have grabbed them up and going through , looking for clues . And they weren’t left that way when the abductions occurred .

if somebody innocently did that with the bags you would admit it, no?

You risk the chance of being seen, or someone driving by and reporting a strange car at the house, with a description, and then the cops search you out. Unless it was cops in an unmarked car...

I could see doing the makeup washcloths and Stacy's shorts, but what's the deal with the handbags? That seems odd.

Would it be to gain time to get the women away? Far away? Sunday night (at least 12 hours or more and gone by) the cops looked at the house, took the keys and left a note for Sherrill to call them when she got back!

Btw that would not happen today . The Adam Walsh child protection act of 2006 , a child under 21 has to be in the system within two hours of notification of missing . There is no 24-48 hours waiting around to see if they show up ..

Riedel was the ringleader in the graverobbing. He had the most to lose being an outsider to Springfield MO. Plus, why would he come back to Springfield unbeknownst to Mike? Has anyone considered this? Makes him more guilty IMO!! Mike stated that all Joe did for money was rob homes. And he robbed a Subway too. (lots mentioned in police report for the graverobbing if you F.O.I.A. the case.)

Can anybody confirm if Stacy had a handbag with her that night? Janis said in many interviews that, when she found Stacy 's bra and shorts at Delmar, she knew something was wrong because that meant her daughter had left the house with a t-shirt and panties. I quote:
"Her shirt and her panties were all that she had," McCall said.
Also, it is highly risky to abduct three women from a house. I would say more than staging the house. The people involved in this crime could
have driven the girl´s cars (could that explain why Suzie´s car was parked in the wrong place?).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChiChi8773