Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in a small forest town that does not like publicity. Crooked cops? Another case: woman taken from a park and murdered...
Body found 2017? Police told who did it...Still cold case.
Just because someone tells police who did it doesn't man the information is accurate or is enough information to prosecute a case.

Just because someone tells police who did it doesn't man the information is accurate or is enough information to prosecute a case.
In this case police knew it was accurate as the witness was being threatened by the perpetrators. They threatened to kill his child....To ignore such a statement from his family seems maliciously negligent. There were other odd actions by authorities. The girl's boyfriend immediately sold her belongings. He was to appear in court on felony charges which were dropped. His name has been erased from CaseNet.

I did tell the Park Service about the 3 when I wrote to them about the Brittney Gorman case as her truck was found there too. What law enforcement chooses to believe or not believe is not up to me...and often they ignore citizen information in this area.
My book..To Sin by Silence by Nika Rainier tells how women disappear in the area and how difficult it is to find justice.
That is awesome that you wrote a book. There are way too many unsolved murders or disappearances in general but there seem to be quite a few in Springfield MO. Or in the general area. I recently read ‘Murder on a Lonely Road’. It’s about Jackie Johns but there are two other women that I don’t think evened received justice. Have you heard of Debbie Sue Lewis who’s disappearance was almost identical to Jackie Johns’. Minus blood in her car which and her body was found months later in a wooded area. Because of the lack of blood it seemed to take longer to realize Debbie Sue was in danger. If a car is left on the side of the road with a door open and belongings like a purse inside that should be enough to make a disappearance seem serious. Do you have thoughts on cases like this?

I am sorry..but I know zero about these two cases that you mention. There was a high profile case of a missing Branson girl a few years back. I have forgotten her name. I have personally known of at least eight women missing from my immediate area.... or found dead.

I am sorry..but I know zero about these two cases that you mention. There was a high profile case of a missing Branson girl a few years back. I have forgotten her name. I have personally known of at least eight women missing from my immediate area.... or found dead.
Are they on Websleuths?

Try Elizabeth Hornbeck. Cold case from area. There was an attorney who disappeared after swimming in a spring 1980s...Also the three from Springfield allegedly found. Brittany Gorman last week...Another case that I personally investigated with a reporter..and perpetrators were charged..but I did not know her name. I gathered witnesses to an assault at spring...and disappearance of body.
Another disappearance. Woman found.

I do not post my exact location on the internet for obvious reasons...stalkers and missing women posts. Most police departments will only listen to the first responder. All else is hearsay..right? I am telling the truth. My aunt came to my home and told me what her daughter in law received from her brother..the first responder.
Welcome to WS Nika2020 I’m Trying to understand here . Your Aunts daughter in law brother is a cop and told you the 3MW were found ? When was this ? Thanks

That is awesome that you wrote a book. There are way too many unsolved murders or disappearances in general but there seem to be quite a few in Springfield MO. Or in the general area. I recently read ‘Murder on a Lonely Road’. It’s about Jackie Johns but there are two other women that I don’t think evened received justice. Have you heard of Debbie Sue Lewis who’s disappearance was almost identical to Jackie Johns’. Minus blood in her car which and her body was found months later in a wooded area. Because of the lack of blood it seemed to take longer to realize Debbie Sue was in danger. If a car is left on the side of the road with a door open and belongings like a purse inside that should be enough to make a disappearance seem serious. Do you have thoughts on cases like this?
debbie lewis dated gerald carahan , see springfield newsleader interview of debbies father , and gerad carnahan was seen at kelly anne workmans pace of work , an old country store toward ava , the afternoon kelly went missing , gerald carnahan dated sheryl levitt statement on file spfd police by suzys boyfrield , name on file but withheld , and the police report on the attack on the girls or women , out by strafford list carnahan as there , add to that steve garrisons testimony , per the newsleader , steves description that the girls were killed in a drunken orgy , contained info previously known to police that matched , that being carnahan , skipping to another girl heather starky was also was to be kidnapped by carnahan but gerald slipped on ice , the oddity here was heather starky also attended kickapoo same as suzy and stacy , and geralds use of an employee to drive the vehical while he-carnahan jumped out to grab heather , this resulted in a 3 year sentence to gerald carnahan , , the question of why this occured on ingram road was answered when she had just applyed for work at p.f.i. and was walking ,ricky dykes also workrd for gerald carnahan , and if you care to search for the party 40 where the assaults occured directions can be provided

debbie lewis dated gerald carahan , see springfield newsleader interview of debbies father , and gerad carnahan was seen at kelly anne workmans pace of work , an old country store toward ava , the afternoon kelly went missing , gerald carnahan dated sheryl levitt statement on file spfd police by suzys boyfrield , name on file but withheld , and the police report on the attack on the girls or women , out by strafford list carnahan as there , add to that steve garrisons testimony , per the newsleader , steves description that the girls were killed in a drunken orgy , contained info previously known to police that matched , that being carnahan , skipping to another girl heather starky was also was to be kidnapped by carnahan but gerald slipped on ice , the oddity here was heather starky also attended kickapoo same as suzy and stacy , and geralds use of an employee to drive the vehical while he-carnahan jumped out to grab heather , this resulted in a 3 year sentence to gerald carnahan , , the question of why this occured on ingram road was answered when she had just applyed for work at p.f.i. and was walking ,ricky dykes also workrd for gerald carnahan , and if you care to search for the party 40 where the assaults occured directions can be provided
What's the party 40?

Buck Hollow Access on Jack's Fork is where the vehicle of another missing woman was recently found.

Carnahan has certainly been involved in a lot of crimes down there. Glad they were finally able to put him behind bars.

What I can't understand is why LE would keep info about the women's deaths a secret from their families and friends. Those people have been mourning and searching for the killer for decades now. I just can't imagine LE would allow them to suffer that way and not tell them what happened, give them some peace.

A drunken orgy sounds like the story I heard here. Mostly insinuated. The Carnahan family of the past governor..has ties to our area and this forest as he grew up close by. Whether or not the Carnahan of which you speak is a relative...I do not know. If so...he would know this forest well.

A drunken orgy sounds like the story I heard here. Mostly insinuated. The Carnahan family of the past governor..has ties to our area and this forest as he grew up close by. Whether or not the Carnahan of which you speak is a relative...I do not know. If so...he would know this forest well.

Buck Hollow Bridge is approximately 18 miles from where the Carnahans lived when the governor was growing up. Everyone swims there.

If you know where something happened please share. If you don't want to on hear share it so it get's into the right hands.

All that I know is what I posted...First responder said they were killed at Buck Hollow Bridge. ..after a party there...and put into a pond on a farm. He had details. This was in 1998 that he told it...while the authorities searched for another missing girl. The authorities have received this information as has Springfield PD numerous times.

Welcome to WS Nika2020 I’m Trying to understand here . Your Aunts daughter in law brother is a cop and told you the 3MW were found ? When was this ? Thanks
No. He was an ambulance driver called to the scene he said....when they were found in a pond. He knew all details. He was the brother of a cousin by marriage. My aunt..the mother in law. His sister..the cousin says she knows zero now. They are afraid. However...my other relatives still remember his story....and agree with me on details. As I said...Springfield PD received all of this numerous times.

No. He was an ambulance driver called to the scene he said....when they were found in a pond. He knew all details. He was the brother of a cousin by marriage. My aunt..the mother in law. His sister..the cousin says she knows zero now. They are afraid. However...my other relatives still remember his story....and agree with me on details. As I said...Springfield PD received all of this numerous times.

I find it odd that the name Carnahan is involved on here. That family is from our area.

Could it have been another group of women? Or several women found in a pond? The fact that it could be other women should seem more messed up than it does. If it was Suzie, Sherrill and Stacy where did the bodies go?

Could it have been another group of women? Or several women found in a pond? The fact that it could be other women should seem more messed up than it does. If it was Suzie, Sherrill and Stacy where did the bodies go?

d.n.a. was recovered from the cassville dig in a pond /small lake and pieses of a cut up green vehical , presumibly the green panel van as that was what they was searching for , the property belonged to johney hood , oh hoods truck stop , owned by paul winston and johnie hood at halltown mo, later it will be discovered that handy rak supply -republic mo. was selling mini thins by the pallet to the small c stores , who were straw buyers of a meth ring , a mini thin display was 100 bottles , each with 100 tablets cost 100 dollars and retal 5.00 a bottle ..so 4.00 each bottle profit , a pallet was 50 displays , so 5000 a pallet ad some c stores were buying 10 pallets at a time , .the d,e,a, surmised that handy rack employees had to have known and they went to jail ,

Last edited:
If you know where something happened please share. If you don't want to on hear share it so it get's into the right hands.
go to green county .org directions , are go east on division past 125 hwy , to northstar babtist church , -with the large hanging star , south to the road merges then east to the first curve second direction different biker , come in on 134 east off 125 past follieville , i said whats follyville answer its where all those family of follys live , use your mouse on the page it ids all owners of property as you rotate across it , go to the merge from a road coming down then its on the first curve , you are there look at the 6 acres in the triangle that alex said to look for 10 years a go and the 34 acres on the south of the road , with the flowing water being the headwaters to pierson creek , that the police searched only from pierson cave down , see the utube video for conformation , with them on atvs and horseback , when you do this get back to us for the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025