Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How could someone with an IQ of only 80 kidnap and kill 3 healthy women all by himself? In an area where he didn't live and wasn't familiar with? No offense and I respect all theories, but the more I read about that guy, the less likely it seems.

People in prison often slyly hint they may have committed or know about certain crimes as a way of getting moved to a better place, etc.
The same way he got away with his other murders. His confession I believe says that he had an accomplice. He had also been to the area before for his re enactments I believe

I don’t see the point of confessing and withholding the location of the bodies. Wouldn’t any transfer or sentence reduction be contingent on proof of the person’s guilt? The more I think and read the more I lean towards the idea that SPD knows who but they lack evidence.

What do you believe to be the reason for them being there?

I have no idea why they were at Delmar in the first place. All I know is that the people that were in the house were touching, moving and, even, cleaning things. That was strange even for Janis McCall (as she has stated so many times). I always found really suspiscious the fact that it was the mother of another classmate the one who called Janis McCall to tell her the women were missing. It was not Janelle or her mother, who I assume, were the ones who knew the women were missing and told the other woman about it. Why they never called Stacy 's mom? And why Janelle and her parents appeared at the "crime scene"? Who called them?

Yes, it was a family friend who spoke on the phone with Sherrill that night. As for Stacy calling her mom that night, assume that happened, not sure of the timeline.

As for Sherrill calling Suzie that night or vice versa, there's no one alive who can verify that.

Stacy called her mom 10-10:30 pm.

I have no idea why they were at Delmar in the first place. All I know is that the people that were in the house were touching, moving and, even, cleaning things. That was strange even for Janis McCall (as she has stated so many times). I always found really suspiscious the fact that it was the mother of another classmate the one who called Janis McCall to tell her the women were missing. It was not Janelle or her mother, who I assume, were the ones who knew the women were missing and told the other woman about it. Why they never called Stacy 's mom? And why Janelle and her parents appeared at the "crime scene"? Who called them?
Darlene Ruthrauff called the McCall’s and suggested they make coffee. Her daughter Adina, a friend and classmate of Stacy’s and Suzie’s, was also there. Darlene is listed as a contact person at Springfield Police Department for MADD (Mother’s Against Drunk Drivers) in October ‘92. Her job title isn’t listed but if she was affiliated with SPD when they disappeared maybe the Kirby’s called her for advice. If that’s so shouldn’t she have known better than to rummage through cabinets and who knows what else? I’d like to know who called who and how those conversations went and why they thought it was a good idea to go there. It’s all so weird.
https://www.newspapers.com/image/207809885/

Darlene Ruthrauff called the McCall’s and suggested they make coffee. Her daughter Adina, a friend and classmate of Stacy’s and Suzie’s, was also there. Darlene is listed as a contact person at Springfield Police Department for MADD (Mother’s Against Drunk Drivers) in October ‘92. Her job title isn’t listed but if she was affiliated with SPD when they disappeared maybe the Kirby’s called her for advice. If that’s so shouldn’t she have known better than to rummage through cabinets and who knows what else? I’d like to know who called who and how those conversations went and why they thought it was a good idea to go there. It’s all so weird.
https://www.newspapers.com/image/207809885/
M.A.D.D. is a non-profit organization separate from any police agencies. Any affiliation with a police department would be more for publicity and community awareness. This link is no reason to assume DR is a member of the police department or had any formal police training. She was a contact, much as a reported from a TC station or newspaper would be.

Suspicious yes, but don't you think that after these many many years and with the Kirby's and Henson staying local they have been looked upon by le yet nothing has came of it. It's like beating a dead horse imo. Yes they acted strangely and come off rude at times but other people do as well. Imo it's just like accusing someone of doing or knowing something because they are strange acting to us or don't do what we think they should have done. I would like to think they have been thoroughly investigated at this point. If not then sadly it could be all pointless to try and solve as it would mean le doesn't want it solved

Suspicious yes, but don't you think that after these many many years and with the Kirby's and Henson staying local they have been looked upon by le yet nothing has came of it. It's like beating a dead horse imo. Yes they acted strangely and come off rude at times but other people do as well. Imo it's just like accusing someone of doing or knowing something because they are strange acting to us or don't do what we think they should have done. I would like to think they have been thoroughly investigated at this point. If not then sadly it could be all pointless to try and solve as it would mean le doesn't want it solved

Having a get together in a missing woman's home is more than just a little weird. There wasn't a reason to believe Sherrill was missing or with Suzie and Stacy. I want to believe cops investigated everyone in the women's lives and the people that last saw them but I have my doubts. I don't see this as pointless at all. No one can commit the perfect murder not even a cop.

It has always struck me as strange that all these people were at the house with the owner missing.

Why weren't they calling people trying to find the women?

Why weren't they out looking for them? (Maybe some were?)

I did not know that Janelle's parents were there along with Adina and her parents. It makes me think these people were worried, at least to some extent. And it took Janis McCall (who arrived around 9 PM or so) to call the police?

I sure would like to see a complete list of those who were at the house at any point during that Sunday. If the SPD never got that list it would appear to me to be utter incompetence...

addendum: All the people at the house that day must be presumed innocent, but still investigated. With no evidence their names could have been kept private. But today? 28 years later?

Having a get together in a missing woman's home is more than just a little weird. There wasn't a reason to believe Sherrill was missing or with Suzie and Stacy. I want to believe cops investigated everyone in the women's lives and the people that last saw them but I have my doubts. I don't see this as pointless at all. No one can commit the perfect murder not even a cop.
So youcall. mrs Mcall weird also then as she was at the get together

Mrs. McCall called the police, so I don't believe she was hanging out at the Delmar house. Part of the weirdness is that no one called the McCall house to see if Stacy had checked in. Everyone else acted like Sherrill wasn't coming home. Why would would they assume that? I'm not including the McCalls in this but everyone else wtf? MOO

I'm not sure what they were thinking. Admittedly, the abduction/disappearance was a highly unusual situation. It's pretty rare that a woman, her daughter and a young house guest are all abducted, leaving their cars, possessions and no signs of violence.

There was probably a lot of denial going on. Everyone probably assumed since a responsible adult was also missing with the girls that it wasn't a case of the girls running away or doing something irresponsible. But at some point, the adults couldn't deny the problem with all the cars, purses and possessions still being in the home. Because Sherrill was also missing, I think she was catching a lot of blame from the other adults, just because. She still is, wrongfully so, IMO. The adults may have also been confused because of the stories the kids were telling.

Whatever the excuses given, it doesn't make sense that the McCalls weren't contacted sooner or weren't given enough information to make them head over to the Delmar house immediately. IIRC, she went to the house in the evening and didn't call police until around 10:30 pm.

JMO, its the behavior of the young folks on that day and the weeks after that's problematic. Stories were vague, altered, had gaps in the timeline. I'm guessing there was some drug activity the previous night and early morning; that Stacy and Suzie may not have been at the same parties all evening and that the kids may have been hanging out with other people whose identities they didn't want to reveal - secret boyfriends, secret friends, etc.

Everything sounds odd because some of the details as the public knows them probably aren't accurate. The people who do know the facts are missing.

My leanings are the peeps needed to rid the ladies where they wouldn’t be found again. So, this forces me to go with a place within a short distance from Springfield.

It would be interesting to know what items / info is under the gag order from the Robb farm search.

Also, less than 10 minutes from the farm is Devil’s Den. This is purely speculation, but local’s know of this place. And, there are rumors.

My leanings are the peeps needed to rid the ladies where they wouldn’t be found again. So, this forces me to go with a place within a short distance from Springfield.

It would be interesting to know what items / info is under the gag order from the Robb farm search.

Also, less than 10 minutes from the farm is Devil’s Den. This is purely speculation, but local’s know of this place. And, there are rumors.

By any chance, could you put these locations on a Google map and link it here? TIA

For instance, there are at least 4 locations in Missouri called Devils Den.

By any chance, could you put these locations on a Google map and link it here? TIA

For instance, there are at least 4 locations in Missouri called Devils Den.
I think he means the place by fordland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member