Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When was the decision made to postpone the drive to Branson until the next morning? If that didn’t happen until later in the evening; why would Suzie be asking, as early as the ceremony, many other girls to spend the night at her house, because she was scared? Didn’t she also think she was spending the night at Janelle’s up until the end of the night?

Interesting question!!

Janelle, Stacy, and Suzie (any others? IDK) planned to go to Branson after going to some grad parties. There's a video interview of Janelle somewhere in which she says they were having a lot of fun and decided to stay at the party rather than go to Branson.

So, yeah, why would Mrs. McCall say Suzie was asking people to stay with her if she knew she was going to Branson? Wouldn't the girls bunk together?

It is also reported that Stacy and/or Suzie asked Brian Joy (party #1) if they could stay overnight at his house (other kids were going to stay, too) after deciding against going to Branson that night.
Brian said yes, but backed out of the offer later that night, prompting the girls to go to Janelle's (I wonder how Brian felt when he found out they had gone missing!!).

EDIT: I would assume the decision to nix Branson occurred a little before 10:30 PM, when Stacy called her mom to let her know of the change in plans...

I've never really bought into the idea of police-related involvement, largely because I consider the real-world odds of that to be pretty low. But if we ignore that, there might be an interesting suspect in ex-cop Robert Magruder. According to the attached articles, he was:
  1. Indicted and Convicted of Child *advertiser censored*, many many years after he'd been in LE
  2. Would have been 37 in 1992, and had been a Springfield cop since 1979
  3. Didn't get married until 1994, which means he was possibly single in June of 1992
For those who think someone with LEO training might have tried to "sanitize" the scene, or those who think a policeman "ruse" would have gotten the 3MW out of the house in the middle of the night, this guy presents an interesting angle.

He also has since been released from Federal prison as he was sentenced in 2015 to 4yrs.
They would need to establish if he was involved in such activity as early as 1992. Did any of the 3 women frequent any of the places where he did security work? Who did he share the illegal items with? Did any of those people have ties to the graduation parties? Are we sure this guy was guilty? Could he have been framed?

I've never really bought into the idea of police-related involvement, largely because I consider the real-world odds of that to be pretty low. But if we ignore that, there might be an interesting suspect in ex-cop Robert Magruder. According to the attached articles, he was:
  1. Indicted and Convicted of Child *advertiser censored*, many many years after he'd been in LE
  3. Didn't get married until 1994, which means he was possibly single in June of 1992
For those who think someone with LEO training might have tried to "sanitize" the scene, or those who think a policeman "ruse" would have gotten the 3MW out of the house in the middle of the night, this guy presents an interesting angle.

He also has since been released from Federal prison as he was sentenced in 2015 to 4yrs.

Oddly enough, McGruder was the officer who signed off on the police report. However I doubt he was involved. He can’t be ruled out.

Child *advertiser censored* was his deal. He has a problem. He said he had the impulse for many years. I don’t get those people at all.

Last edited:
Oddly enough, McGruder was the officer who signed off on the police report. However I doubt he was involved. He can’t be ruled out.

Child *advertiser censored* was his deal. He has a problem. He said he had the impulse for many years. I don’t get those people at all.

It's an interesting question, but wouldn't the young ladies be a little old for his preference? So many odd coincides in this case.

Interesting! With Brian Joy backing out at the last minute, what if Stacy wanted someone to come to his house and he didn’t feel comfortable with it either? What if he got a sketchy vibe from whoever Stacy was with. Moo if Stacy was wanting to hangout with someone. Although the evening APOC sighting has been debunked, what about the earlier sighting? Where the attendant stated he saw Stacy with a man who bought cigarettes and drove a brown car. The paper boy also stated seeing a green van and a brown car near Delmar. Perhaps this sighting was true. It could explain why Kathy Kirby got defense, because Janis would have known Stacy wasn’t sure where she was supposed to be. Again, just speculation.

Suzie and Stacy got a ride back t0 Brian Joy's house from Shane Appleby (NL June 19). What do we know about him? Was there anyone else in the car (Jeep)?

I know the Levitt A-mart sighting was debunked (I never believed it), but I'm not sure about the girls sighting. It could have happened around the time the girls were going to the Elder party (they're a mile apart).

How did the girls get to the Elder party? I have not seen that.

Yes, that quote from KK seems odd. Maybe I missed out on the previous part of the conversation, but why was she being defensive about Sherrill trying to find Suzie? Perhaps her statement was in response to reports from witnesses who thought they saw Sherrill out looking for Suzie that night. That sighting has never been confirmed.

In the 10 yr anniversary article and the video linked above, there were statements from JM and KK that alleged certain "facts" about Suzie and Sherrill that they would have no way of knowing, e.g. how many friends Suzie asked to spend the night with her because she was "afraid". Has anyone who knew Suzie or her mom ever validated that information, or is it just assumed to be accurate? Were Sherrill and KK friends? JMO, I don't think so.

The 10 yr anniversary article also quotes one of the officers saying that Sherrill's house had filled up with a lot of people while he was there, including the parent of one of Stacey and Suzie's friends. ICBW, but I read that to mean JK's mom KK. So she was over there, too?

All MOO

Yes, Kathy Kirby and her husband were at Delmar that night.

Suzie and Stacy got a ride back t0 Brian Joy's house from Shane Appleby (NL June 19). What do we know about him? Was there anyone else in the car (Jeep)?

I know the Levitt A-mart sighting was debunked (I never believed it), but I'm not sure about the girls sighting. It could have happened around the time the girls were going to the Elder party (they're a mile apart).

How did the girls get to the Elder party? I have not seen that.
I hadn't heard about the jeep until now. Does anyone know the style and color of the jeep?

So, the officer did admit his guilt? How odd. Like you stated though,he may have nothing to do with the women disappearing.

I would suggest looking into the missing uniform from the cleaners before this guy imo . I don’t know if That was ever publicly resolved . I Assumed it was , because I didn’t see reports Spd was still investigating the lead.

Yes, that quote from KK seems odd.

The 10 yr anniversary article also quotes one of the officers saying that Sherrill's house had filled up with a lot of people while he was there, including the parent of one of Stacey and Suzie's friends. ICBW, but I read that to mean JK's mom KK. So she was over there, too?

All MOO
The Kirby’s and Ruthrauff’s were . Making coffee ect . And Ms McCall wondering what the h they’re doing ...

The scene at Delmar sounds like something from the Twilight Zone. Sherrill didn’t hang out with them and yet there they were, making themselves at home. I could see the Kirby’s being there if Janelle was being questioned by police but they were there before the McCall’s. I can’t begin to imagine how they must’ve felt not knowing where Stacy was and here all these people were just hanging out.

The scene at Delmar sounds like something from the Twilight Zone. Sherrill didn’t hang out with them and yet there they were, making themselves at home. I could see the Kirby’s being there if Janelle was being questioned by police but they were there before the McCall’s. I can’t begin to imagine how they must’ve felt not knowing where Stacy was and here all these people were just hanging out.

Like a bunch of bovines trampling a crime scene and ultimately finding ways to blame the victims, giving sketchy stories to police to make their own kids look innocent. While their kids weren't complicit in the kidnapping of these women, the cover stories told to somehow make the kids look as pure as possible ended up sowing confusion and distraction in the investigation at the most critical stage. Even 10 and 20 years later, their stories still shift and change with every news interview. CYA.

Last edited:
If the original plan was to spend the night in Branson why would Sherrill call Suzie at the Kirby’s? From what I understand Suzie and Stacy met up at the Kirby’s so they could go to parties at other houses together-with Janelle-so it makes no sense that Sherrill could’ve reached Suzie there or how the Kirby’s would’ve known where Suzie was.
If the original plan was to spend the night in Branson why would Sherrill call Suzie at the Kirby’s? From what I understand Suzie and Stacy met up at the Kirby’s so they could go to parties at other houses together-with Janelle-so it makes no sense that Sherrill could’ve reached Suzie there or how

Last edited:
That's something I never thought of. Also, someone mentioned that Stacy called her mother at 10:30 p.m. Perhaps Suzie tried to called her mother during that same time frame and got no answer. If something had already happened to Sherill,

I never would have thought of this. Also, after Stacy called Janis, did Suzie call her house but got no answer? Perhaps something had ready happened to Sherill. Is it absolutely certain that Sherrill was on the phone late that night? Just because calls are made from a phone, it doesn't mean the owner of the phone is the one making those calls. This could be a clever way to falsify a timeline.

Yes, it was a family friend who spoke on the phone with Sherrill that night. As for Stacy calling her mom that night, assume that happened, not sure of the timeline.

As for Sherrill calling Suzie that night or vice versa, there's no one alive who can verify that.

If the original plan was to spend the night in Branson why would Sherrill call Suzie at the Kirby’s? From what I understand Suzie and Stacy met up at the Kirby’s so they could go to parties at other houses together-with Janelle-so it makes no sense that Sherrill could’ve reached Suzie there or how the Kirby’s would’ve known where Suzie was.
That's something I never thought of. Also, someone mentioned that Stacy called her mother at 10:30 p.m. Perhaps Suzie tried to called her mother during that same time frame and got no answer. If something had already happened to Sherill,
I never would have thought of this. Also, after Stacy called Janis, did Suzie call her house but got no answer? Perhaps something had ready happened to Sherill. Is it absolutely certain that Sherrill was on the phone late that night? Just because calls are made from a phone, it doesn't mean the owner of the phone is the one making those calls. This could be a clever way to falsify a timeline.
Yes, it was a family friend who spoke on the phone with Sherrill that night. As for Stacy calling her mom that night, assume that happened, not sure of the timeline.

As for Sherrill calling Suzie that night or vice versa, there's no one alive who can verify that.
Sorry for the repeated posts. My phone is doing strange things. Will replace it to correct these problems.

Sorry for the repeated posts. My phone is doing strange things. Will replace it to correct these problems.

No problem, my laptop has been out of commission all week due to the Windows 10 problems. I'm up late tonight while they work on it

Interesting! With Brian Joy backing out at the last minute, what if Stacy wanted someone to come to his house and he didn’t feel comfortable with it either? What if he got a sketchy vibe from whoever Stacy was with. Moo if Stacy was wanting to hangout with someone. Although the evening APOC sighting has been debunked, what about the earlier sighting? Where the attendant stated he saw Stacy with a man who bought cigarettes and drove a brown car. The paper boy also stated seeing a green van and a brown car near Delmar. Perhaps this sighting was true. It could explain why Kathy Kirby got defense, because Janis would have known Stacy wasn’t sure where she was supposed to be. Again, just speculation.
Who has actually dubunked the apoc sighting? I've only seen this as people's thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rocky.marie