Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cliff Williams inventory of Sherrill Levitt’s and Suzie Streeter’s possessions:
Levitt:

In her purse, $750 cash and $780 in un-cashed checks from her hair-styling clients.

NL June 10,1992
So she had more clients paying with personal checks then cash, or she had not got around to cashing the checks ( we don’t know the dates on them ) .

I would not find it surprising she had more checks than cash.
Cash would get spent as it comes in. It's likely she accumulated tip checks and deposited them with her regular weekly or bi-weekly pay check as this was before direct deposit for pay checks was popular.

I wonder if this guy is worth looking into? He's got a long history of sexual assault, dating back to 1996, and would have been 22 in 1992. Case records show an address in Fordland since the 90's.

Can anyone provide a link for the original 48 hours? I can’t seem to find it anywhere. Thanks!!!

I would not find it surprising she had more checks than cash.
Cash would get spent as it comes in. It's likely she accumulated tip checks and deposited them with her regular weekly or bi-weekly pay check as this was before direct deposit for pay checks was popular.
Plus , she made a lot more then your “ super cuts “ so folks writing checks instead of carrying a lot of cash around .

I’ve studied this case for years, and I cry every time Stacy’s grandma cries during the original 48 hours. May someone solve this case.

Did they ever find out who made that call to her, telling her the women are dead?

I’ve never heard . What woman makes that incredibly heartless call as a prank ? Or did they know something , but was scared to say anymore ?? It’s a good question .

It's in the 48 Hours video. Stacy's Grandma was telling Stacy's Mom about it while the film was running...

I just watched the video short Vanished - A Documentary Film on Vimeo.

It's mostly Janis McCall talking.
In it she states that Suzie was upset even at the graduation ceremony and asked several people to stay over at her house that night. Conversely, other people, including Janelle, said everyone was 'happy and bubbly'. Hmmm...

Then Asher says that when he got there the purses were on the table in the kitchen (?!?!?) .

It's a good video in so far as we get to hear a lot from Mrs. McCall...

Last edited:
I just watched the video short Vanished - A Documentary Film on Vimeo.

It's mostly Janis McCall talking.
In it she states that Suzie was upset even at the graduation ceremony and asked several people to stay over at her house that night. Conversely, other people, including Janelle, said everyone was 'happy and bubbly'. Hmmm...

Then Asher says that when he got there the purses were on the table in the kitchen (?!?!?) .

It's a good video in so far as we get to hear a lot from Mrs. McCall...

That's a good clip. I wonder if Mrs. McCall new everything going on in her daughters life. It's normal not to. I feel like she kind of insulting Suzie in a way. Was Asher at the house when they first called the police. I thought it was officer Bookout.

That's a good clip. I wonder if Mrs. McCall new everything going on in her daughters life. It's normal not to. I feel like she kind of insulting Suzie in a way. Was Asher at the house when they first called the police. I thought it was officer Bookout.

Oh yeah. As a father of a 23 YO daughter and an 18 YO son, I know, through my own experience, you just don't know everything your kids do and you just hope for the best.
Agree, I get the impression that Mrs. McCall did not have a very high impression of Suzie. I don't get a very good impression of Janelle - the videos of her just give the impression of an insecure controlling person, be that as it may.

I was wondering about that statement from Asher about the purses, too. I do not know when he got there, definitely not the first responder, but when, and who moved the purses and why and what else?

So many questions and diversions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member