Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
People respond to and update old posts frequently. The time...is not the point ......the information is. At least 3 of you are stuck on the timing of posts.

I remember when this happened, but hadn't made a connection to the Springfield 3

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/three-women-are-murdered-at-yosemite

"Police and the FBI initially focused their investigation on Eugene Dykes, Michael Larwick, and a group of methamphetamine users in Northern California. However, all these leads went up in smoke in July when Joie Ruth Armstrong, a twenty-six-year-old Yosemite Park worker, was brutally killed and decapitated near her cabin in the park.

"The discovery of her body led investigators to Cary Stayner, a thirty-seven-year-old man who worked at the Cedar Lodge motel, where the Sunds were last seen. Stayner was tracked down and caught at a nudist colony in Northern California. Stayner confessed to the murder of Armstrong and then surprised the detectives by admitting that he was also responsible for the murders of the Sunds and Pelosso."

Is Eugene Dykes mentioned here also known as Edward Eugene Dykes, who has a criminal record in Missouri?

I remember when this happened, but hadn't made a connection to the Springfield 3

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/three-women-are-murdered-at-yosemite

"Police and the FBI initially focused their investigation on Eugene Dykes, Michael Larwick, and a group of methamphetamine users in Northern California. However, all these leads went up in smoke in July when Joie Ruth Armstrong, a twenty-six-year-old Yosemite Park worker, was brutally killed and decapitated near her cabin in the park.

"The discovery of her body led investigators to Cary Stayner, a thirty-seven-year-old man who worked at the Cedar Lodge motel, where the Sunds were last seen. Stayner was tracked down and caught at a nudist colony in Northern California. Stayner confessed to the murder of Armstrong and then surprised the detectives by admitting that he was also responsible for the murders of the Sunds and Pelosso."

Is Eugene Dykes mentioned here also known as Edward Eugene Dykes, who has a criminal record in Missouri?
i did not supply that info on those killings so i dont have that answer , only the van where it was photographed and people in the photo to id it

it is a cold case

We should start a thread for her here, poor little thing. I used to travel down there a lot on business back then. Also did a lot of camping, canoeing, etc. down that way. Hadn't heard about this and its really shocking how many scary people there were committing horrific murders down there.

This is all intersting information, but is there a link to any verification that this person's son talked to police and gave them this information? TIA
ohh your making this hard , our group will not disclose anymore on how we know , you are welcome to call det. neil , or det shippley and confirm , or issue a f.o.i. report for august 2011 ,--it is enough that you know it happened , and anyones who says it did not , is part of the group of murders and working for the other team ,fake news is what they post. our group has literally interviewed 100s of witnesses , and private posters from out of the area , who state they know anything at all , all their info links to the same group

ohh your making this hard , our group will not disclose anymore on how we know , you are welcome to call det. neil , or det shippley and confirm , or issue a f.o.i. report for august 2011 ,--it is enough that you know it happened , and anyones who says it did not , is part of the group of murders and working for the other team ,fake news is what they post. our group has literally interviewed 100s of witnesses , and private posters from out of the area , who state they know anything at all , all their info links to the same group

Ok.

PARDON THIS CAP ---ok i too read that paragraph at the bottom of the link , and i say the judge could say anything he wants to protect who he heard it from , i suggest to you i did not go by that statement , but by interviews within the group , to i.d. the correct car , and the killing of the witness , nor the unrevealed connection to the cheryl kenny case , that link , and the details of gerald carnahans attack on suzy on the 3rd night and him cutting her are known to very very very few , even whsy he cut and on which side , these are not random people they are those who worked from within and have a story to tell , Judge reveals details of child's death

I never saw where the judge released any details, or if anything else came after that in the media. Have you come across anything?

I never saw where the judge released any details, or if anything else came after that in the media. Have you come across anything?
we came across accounts even down to the exact make and model of the car , and finally the car itself

Who is your group? Are you trying to solve this case or divert it? Writing nonsense is getting old. MOO
i think we have the biggest start on soling this is 27 years , if you say non sense , i say your involved in the coverup , list your complaint or do some investigation yu have 2500 postings did your ever talk to even 25 witnesses ,

PARDON THIS CAP ---ok i too read that paragraph at the bottom of the link , and i say the judge could say anything he wants to protect who he heard it from , i suggest to you i did not go by that statement , but by interviews within the group , to i.d. the correct car , and the killing of the witness , nor the unrevealed connection to the cheryl kenny case , that link , and the details of gerald carnahans attack on suzy on the 3rd night and him cutting her are known to very very very few , even whsy he cut and on which side , these are not random people they are those who worked from within and have a story to tell , Judge reveals details of child's death
I wouldn’t exactly say it’s known to very very few when you’ve been posting it for years on multiple platforms .
You do know the Victims family’s read here right ? The graphic descriptions are inappropriate imo .

Last edited:

You have a lot of information. Are you (were you?) a member of the police? Have you ever contacted Janis McCall?

28 years ago today, two young ladies rose and prepared for a day of commencement from high school and a night of partying.

Within 24 hours they would vanish from the face of the earth, never to be seen again.

And.

We.

Still.

Don't.

Know.

Why...

I have read that Sherrill was know to utilize money orders often. I have also read that it was speculated that she possibly had a second form of income. Can anyone verify? I wonder if the local money order provider has searchable records?

I have read that Sherrill was know to utilize money orders often. I have also read that it was speculated that she possibly had a second form of income. Can anyone verify? I wonder if the local money order provider has searchable records?

IIRC, that's how she paid some of her monthly bills, using cash from tips she earned at her business. She was a hairdresser. This may have been as a result of her divorce in which her ex husband ran up a lot of debt.

I wouldn't say a second source of income but cash tips. The majority of tips were in cash back then and could make up a large part of a successful hair stylists income. I worked for tips back then and often paid utility bills with the cash (you used to be able to do that at most grocery stores).
Money orders were cheap for things needed to be mailed.
In tip-intensive industries people shared hints on managing money. For example, if you didn't claim your full tip income, don't put it in your bank account otherwise it's really easy for the IRS to find you cheating. Money orders and dealing in cash make it harder but not impossible to get caught..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member