Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
TULSA, Okla. — The Tulsa County Sheriff’s office has arrested someone they say is a murder suspect connected to a cold-case murder from the 1990′s

Deputies confirm the victim is Kim McVey. On May 23, 1992 McVey’s body was found at 9600 N. Memorial Dr. behind a partially constructed building. They say she died as a result of a gunshot wound to the head.

Just two weeks before the 3MW vanished .

Tulsa Co has a renowned cold case task force . Made up of detectives from different agencies . Retired FBI ATF IRS DEA agents , DNA experts , along with retired Homicide Sgt and other volunteers . Chief Williams came from Tulsa . Perhaps it’s time he reach out for some assistance ??

For anyone interested I made a video about this case.
If I had a missing loved one, and someone told me they might be buried under concrete at a parking garage, I would rent a jack hammer and I would personally tear that *advertiser censored* up.

I understand the sentiment . I also believe in investigating facts , not psychic visions .

It’s a shame the 3MW didn’t have a real detective like Pat Postiglione fighting for them . Instead of talking to psychics , alien abduction or spontaneous combustion.

I just noticed something thanks to @DrHog ’s timeline.

although the APOC sighting has been debunked I find it interesting the attendant said Stacy McCall was with someone in a brown car. The paper boy claimed to see a brown car and a van around four am near east delmar. Maybe nothing. But interesting!

I just noticed something thanks to @DrHog ’s timeline.

although the APOC sighting has been debunked I find it interesting the attendant said Stacy McCall was with someone in a brown car. The paper boy claimed to see a brown car and a van around four am near east delmar. Maybe nothing. But interesting!

So far as I can recall the van was seen on the corner of Delmar and Kentwood. There was also the sighting of an older sedan across the street at the Signal store. Those are the only two solid sightings that I know of. I think the APCO sighting was bogus because a woman having Sherrill’s features came in and identified herself. I’m surprised this still comes up.

If Sherrill had driven to the APCO store she should logically been in her blue compact car. Unfortunately the report came in so late that it wasn’t possible to feel the engine block for residual heat.

My $0.02 is that it very unfortunate that Janelle didn’t simply call the McCalls when they were not found. Something about that chain of events after that doesn’t add up to me, as I said in an earlier post.

The paperboy account is valid, I believe. There was also, I believe, a “yard sale lady” who was putting up notices on telephone poles and it was she who reported that a van came around the corner of Kentwood and Grand and nearly hit her car about 4 AM. She allegedly looked into his face and was specific as to his appearance. This leads me to believe the intended destination was out near Rogersville via Cherry street.

Last edited:
Long time reader of these posts... I went to the same high school with the women and saw the recent People Mag show.

I have a question.. has Dustin Recla ever come out and said anything about this case since about 1994?

Long time reader of these posts... I went to the same high school with the women and saw the recent People Mag show.

I have a question.. has Dustin Recla ever come out and said anything about this case since about 1994?

If he has, I haven’t seen it. However, I believe strongly he and Michael Clay have been in touch and speaks through him.

My personal opinion is that the crypt vandals had nothing to do with this crime. IMO, the motive is simply not there.

In my opinion, this crime had much more to do with the graduation and after ceremony activities.

If I were in law enforcement I would appeal to all known graduates and ask them what they believe and remember now. I would especially account for all the folks who gathered for the party on East Hanover that was broken up at 1:50 AM by the police.

It may be that the police already know who did this crime. I’ve seen that argument put forward. It has been said they are waiting for a confession. IMO there is little to no chance of that happening.

If that is true, many of us will not live long enough to know what happened. The Golden State Killer was not caught until he was in his ‘70’s and only then through DNA links from public DNA sites. I’m a big proponent of those inexpensive tests having had four tests done myself. They can be quite illuminating.

It is true that the crime scene was badly contaminated. That cannot be undone. What is done is done. What mystifies me is why the SPD apparently insists on holding onto this case and not turning the case over to an agency with an impeccable reputation, the Missouri State Highway Patrol. They are after all the agency that broke the Jackie Johns case after laying dormant for many years. He is, incidentally, one of the major suspects in this case.

In the end, successful investigations move from family and close acquaintances and move outward. If I were involved with the case, I would do that with special emphasis on the party goers. IMO, therein lies the answer to this very frustrating case.

Last edited:
If he has, I haven’t seen it. However, I believe strongly he and Michael Clay have been in touch and speaks through him.

My personal opinion is that the crypt vandals had nothing to do with this crime. IMO, the motive is simply not there.
I think the motive of one of them getting concerned about Suzie testifying makes some sense but I need to look into it more. Why does he speak through Michael Clay? What about Riedel? Is he on these forums?

Thank you Missouri Mule for your answers. Much appreciated.

In my opinion, this crime had much more to do with the graduation and after ceremony activities.

If I were in law enforcement I would appeal to all known graduates and ask them what they believe and remember now. I would especially account for all the folks who gathered for the party on East Hanover that was broken up at 1:50 AM by the police.

It makes sense to me that the grave robbers would have to be checked out, along with other people the three women knew or were related to. But certainly the people at the various parties should have been accounted for. High school parties often go on all night and move from place to place. I have a hard time imagining that the high school grads had murder on their mind and had the sobriety to carry out a crime like this one without leaving evidence. But (for the sake of argument) that might explain what Janelle and Mike did in the morning. It's also possible a guy like Robert Cox could have been cruising looking for opportunities and because so many people were out and about, might have gone unnoticed.

It makes sense to me that the grave robbers would have to be checked out, along with other people the three women knew or were related to. But certainly the people at the various parties should have been accounted for. High school parties often go on all night and move from place to place. I have a hard time imagining that the high school grads had murder on their mind and had the sobriety to carry out a crime like this one without leaving evidence. But (for the sake of argument) that might explain what Janelle and Mike did in the morning. It's also possible a guy like Robert Cox could have been cruising looking for opportunities and because so many people were out and about, might have gone unnoticed.
If this was a planned event, would it matter where they were jumping around? As long as the target was at the house, then the events getting her/them there aren't necessarily important, at least IMO...

I read there was a stakeout vehicle reported on Kentwood and Delmar in the weeks leading up

Hi KG04,

Welcome aboard! Same school - same class? Different class? Currently, it seems as if you lean towards a grave robbers connection or catalyst; but I've always wondered about the days immediately following the women's disappearance. The talk among friends? And then over the summer and then even returning to school in the fall? What was the general consensus? 28 years ago and now - what are you and your friend's thoughts?

BK

I think the motive of one of them getting concerned about Suzie testifying makes some sense but I need to look into it more. Why does he speak through Michael Clay? What about Riedel? Is he on these forums?

Thank you Missouri Mule for your answers. Much appreciated.

I have asked Mr. Clay many times to ask Mr. Recla to put forth his version of events. My understanding is that he just wants to remain in the background as is his right.

To my knowledge, Mr. Riedel has never spoken about this case. My understanding is that he was not in town the night the women were abducted and presumably murdered. I have heard second hand, uncorroborated information about him but in the final analysis I
believe all three are not in any way involved.

At this time I don’t believe the vandalism was the cause. We can safely assume that had Suzie gone to Branson, taking only Sherrill would leave Suzie alive to point out potential perpetrators.

Had I been involved, I would have taken both during one of the weekdays when both would have been home. Why wait for a weekend? If there was some “master plan” why wait for an uncertain time they would be there. Unfortunately there are some red herrings such as the APCO alleged sighting, the alleged George’s sighting and other irrelevancies that muddy the water. That could not have been anticipated.

Hi KG04,

Welcome aboard! Same school - same class? Different class? Currently, it seems as if you lean towards a grave robbers connection or catalyst; but I've always wondered about the days immediately following the women's disappearance. The talk among friends? And then over the summer and then even returning to school in the fall? What was the general consensus? 28 years ago and now - what are you and your friend's thoughts?

BK
yeah sorry, I meant same school...but 12 years after they graduated was my grad year. I was basically a toddler when this happened. I should have clarified.

I do lean graverobbers because I think people who were comfortable enough with the dead to light their skull on fire would have no problem killing or having any qualms about abducting specifically Suzie if they thought she left the crimestoppers tip. The entire event is downplayed as "they were kids being kids" but I don't know any kid lighting a skull's hair on fire just so they could "See what they were doing." That behavior is a precursor to psychopathy.

The cop in the People Magazine show said that Dusty and Michael's alibi wasn't confirmed that night. I've read the threads and don't want to rehash all of this but that seems to be pretty damning and this isn't 1992, this is 2020 that that was said. The show also had the prosecutor from the grand jury and he claimed that multiple perps possibly ordered the women out of the house.

Last edited:
I have asked Mr. Clay many times to ask Mr. Recla to put forth his version of events. My understanding is that he just wants to remain in the background as is his right.

To my knowledge, Mr. Riedel has never spoken about this case. My understanding is that he was not in town the night the women were abducted and presumably murdered. I have heard second hand, uncorroborated information about him but in the final analysis I
believe all three are not in any way involved.

At this time I don’t believe the vandalism was the cause. We can safely assume that had Suzie gone to Branson, taking only Sherrill would leave Suzie alive to point out potential perpetrators.

Had I been involved, I would have taken both during one of the weekdays when both would have been home. Why wait for a weekend? If there was some “master plan” why wait for an uncertain time they would be there. Unfortunately there are some red herrings such as the APCO alleged sighting, the alleged George’s sighting and other irrelevancies that muddy the water. That could not have been anticipated.
If the plan was to get Suzie, and her car was spotted, then what does the previous events of the night matter? I don't think that's a "Safe Assumption"

I would love to hear Mr. Recla and Mr. Riedel's side of all of this. It seems Mike is a surrogate and I respect him speaking to these forums, but I would like to hear from the other two.

I think the taking them on a Sunday morning is beneficial to the perpetrators because anyone who was close to them would likely just think they were partying or with friends and wouldn't question their whereabouts. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
If the plan was to get Suzie, and her car was spotted, then what does the previous events of the night matter? I don't think that's a "Safe Assumption"

I would love to hear Mr. Recla and Mr. Riedel's side of all of this. It seems Mike is a surrogate and I respect him speaking to these forums, but I would like to hear from the other two.

I believe all three would have gone in one car to Branson.

Had Suzie and Sherrill had been abducted on Thursday, neither one would have been seen on Friday. But that would have been less unusual than three women being abducted on Saturday. And not as widely reported. I would have taken one car leaving the other one behind. It could be inferred that they had simply gone somewhere. And then the car could have been driven into a large body of water and sunk with the bodies inside. Just recently, we had a car recovered in Arkansas with the remains of the driver inside. That was from 2002.

The “People”magazine program had IMO important new information, never previously reported that the caller was “teenish.” I regard that as highly significant. If I were the police I would have moved mountains to find the identity of that caller. While the tape had been deleted I would think that there would have been some way to mimic the sound of that voice. If Janis McCall can remember that from 28 years ago imagine how much better she would have remembered it then. I strongly doubted that call was merely a coincidence.

I believe all three would have gone in one car to Branson.

Had Suzie and Sherrill had been abducted on Thursday, neither one would have been seen on Friday. But that would have been less unusual than three women being abducted on Saturday. And not as widely reported. I would have taken one car leaving the other one behind. It could be inferred that they had simply gone somewhere. And then the car could have been driven into a large body of water and sunk with the bodies inside. Just recently, we had a car recovered in Arkansas with the remains of the driver inside. That was from 2002.

The “People”magazine program had IMO important new information, never previously reported that the caller was “teenish.” I regard that as highly significant. If I were the police I would have moved mountains to find the identity of that caller. While the tape had been deleted I would think that there would have been some way to mimic the sound of that voice. If Janis McCall can remember that from 28 years ago imagine how much better she would have remembered it then. I strongly doubted that call was merely a coincidence.
Didn't the cop on Disappeared say the message prank calls were not believe to be involved with the disappearances?

Picking graduation night would obscure the crime. It's probably why they chose that night. They knew there would be parties and a lot of activity. I mean even look at this forum, everyone thinks Janelle is involved. And that plays into the actual perps' hand and luck. Serial killer prowler type doesn't make sense because subduing three women cleanly and also having lots of equipment to tie them up or handcuffs along with cargo room in their vehicle... seems like too many moving parts with low odds. Makes more sense that two or more vehicles were used for transport.

Last edited:
“ people rag “ is Riddled with inaccuracies , horrible program for facts . If it raises more awareness for the 3MW , great .

Richard , I agree with you I’ve never heard teenish before . As discussed in the other thread I’d think they would have played the tapes of the spfd crank caller for JK and JM to see if he sounded familiar .

“ people rag “ is Riddled with inaccuracies , horrible program for facts . If it raises more awareness for the 3MW , great .

Richard , I agree with you I’ve never heard teenish before . As discussed in the other thread I’d think they would have played the tapes of the spfd crank caller for JK and JM to see if he sounded familiar .
I only listen when Asher talks since he worked the case. The rest of it is sensationalism, I agree.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member