Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to lighten the background of this photo the best I could. It looks like they are in the woods. Thoughts? Keep in mind this is a screenshot of a 28 year old photo. It’s the best I could do. Lol

I would guess Brian Joy's yard. Michelle Elder's house is a standard subdivision house - probably had a fence instead of bushes. Just a guess...

Brookline is out in the country , farmland and tree’d fields , no mystery .

Brookline was the mailing address for Battlefield when I lived there. They may have their own post office by now as Battlefield is fairly populous, even then. Brookline is or was a wide spot in the road about 10 miles away as I recall.

I've never seen this photo before.
300x300.jpg

Brookline was the mailing address for Battlefield when I lived there. They may have their own post office by now as Battlefield is fairly populous, even then. Brookline is or was a wide spot in the road about 10 miles away as I recall.

Brookline is actually Republic now , but the little Brookline post office still exist .

Which brings me to this . It’s been suggested that Suzie’s car was ran off into the grass , because they had been drinking .

However , we are to believe that the girls were able to navigate out of Brookline which is PITCH Dark at night , no curbs , ravines with no trouble but run off your own driveway , after presumably making it home safely ?

Imo the cars hold more clues . Whether or not they are not releasing findings , or were not processed that well .

I read an employee of a car wash / detail shop stated the cars were brought in for a “ detailing “ due to the fingerprint dust . Then presumably released to the families . If true , that sounds extremely troubling and peculiar .
Any future advances in dna / crime scene processing were destroyed .

With the home trampled by 18 people , the cars were the last know place they were to examine for evidence / clues .

I’ve read every last article in the past 24 hours. Who shows up every time? The Kirbys.
They also are the ones who established the timeline. They are also the ones who had Janis convinced that Suzy had a stomach ache and wanted to go home. Their story kept changing. First Janelle goes into her house and the girls drive to Susie's house. Next story Janelle's mother offers Suzie and Stacy a place to stay but they rejected the offer. The next story is Janelle's mother is in bed and hears Suzie say to Stacey "Follow me home" and Stacey answers "OK".

Is that about 2 miles? Which other part would you search?

The whole zoo property is fifty-five acres and the area I mentioned is only a small part that ends at Kansas / Missouri 13. I wouldn't know any other place where bodies could be hidden.

I do not know, nor do I claim to know anything; I just was surprised when JD mentioned something my sister and I had discussed almost thirty years ago.
Is there any body of water that runs through that zoo property? Thank you for your good posts. You seem to know that area very well.

We might have answers if SPD had spent as much time on the party goers and parents as they did on the crypt vandals, Suzie’s and Sherrill’s backgrounds and Bartt’s alibi. SPD sending detectives to Washington to investigate Sherrill’s background illustrates their determination to make what happened fit Janis’s suspicions. They wasted precious time and still do. The People investigates program turned into the SOS with Asher dragging MC, DR and Bartt through the mud. This case may be solvable but being optimistic about a resolution is hard since SPD shows no interest and Asher-who was taken off the case-acts as a spokesperson and is apparently incapable of entertaining ideas he didn’t have in ‘92.

Why would you kill Sherrill if a accident happened with the two girls?

Whatever happened the girls made it home as they found finger prints for Stacey and she had never been in the home before.

IMO Janelle Kirby knows a lot more than she let on but I still don’t see her as the Murder.

I also don’t see Janelle as a murderer. I believe an accident happened and Sherrill had to be taken. Perhaps she heard someone parking their cars via her opened window. I’m probably wrong, and I’m fine with that. But nothing the kirby’s did make sense to me. I get it was the 90’s. But they weren’t stupid. Who leaves everything they have at home and no one finds that odd? Who has so many people come over but waits until night fall to call Janis? Janelle’s family was the last to see them and then they were involved pretty much all of June 7. Kathy Kirby tried to implicate Bartt with her “I never sensed a relationship between them.” Who does that when someone’s mother goes missing? Who says “that other girls house?” Janelle’s story has changed at least two times. Unless Springfield LE didn’t reveal all they know, so did Kathy’s story. It’s almost three weeks before she said she heard them leave. Janis believed what she was told. Sherrill would have been someone who could have messed this up for everyone. Who’s to say a small group of friends didn’t go back to Delmar? Perhaps that’s why so many people came over the next day. This is one of the only cases I’ve read where so many people came by a house when three people were missing. The media slandered Suzie and Sherrill. Their family had to put an article in the paper to defend them. So many Things about this case do not make sense. @lisaNYC is correct. The Kirby’s established and changed the entire timeline.

Last edited:
I also don’t see Janelle as a murderer. I believe an accident happened and Sherrill had to be taken. Perhaps she heard someone parking their cars via her opened window. I’m probably wrong, and I’m fine with that. But nothing the kirby’s did make sense to me. I get it was the 90’s. But they weren’t stupid. Who leaves everything they have at home and no one finds that odd? Who has so many people come over but waits until night fall to call Janis? Janelle’s family was the last to see them and then they were involved pretty much all of June 7. Kathy Kirby tried to implicate Bartt with her “I never sensed a relationship between them.” Who does that when someone’s mother goes missing? Who says “that other girls house?” Janelle’s story has changed at least two times. Unless Springfield LE didn’t reveal all they know, so did Kathy’s story. It’s almost three weeks before she said she heard them leave. Janis believed what she was told. Sherrill would have been someone who could have messed this up for everyone. Who’s to say a small group of friends didn’t go back to Delmar? Perhaps that’s why so many people came over the next day. This is one of the only cases I’ve read where so many people came by a house when three people were missing. The media slandered Suzie and Sherrill. Their family had to put an article in the paper to defend them. So many Things about this case do not make sense. @lisaNYC is correct. The Kirby’s established and changed the entire timeline.
If Stacy wanted to make the most of a rare night of freedom she and Suzie might’ve invited a few people to Sherrill’s. We don’t know where MH ended up and he and Janelle had a reason for asking SA if he’d seen them. I’m a from a town much smaller than Springfield and my parents would’ve been anything but ok coming home to a house full of my friends and their parents. Maybe the parents were friends with Janis but they weren’t Sherrill’s friends. As far as I know no one who said anything positive about Sherrill was in her house that day.

We might have answers if SPD had spent as much time on the party goers and parents as they did on the crypt vandals, Suzie’s and Sherrill’s backgrounds and Bartt’s alibi. SPD sending detectives to Washington to investigate Sherrill’s background illustrates their determination to make what happened fit Janis’s suspicions. They wasted precious time and still do. The People investigates program turned into the SOS with Asher dragging MC, DR and Bartt through the mud. This case may be solvable but being optimistic about a resolution is hard since SPD shows no interest and Asher-who was taken off the case-acts as a spokesperson and is apparently incapable of entertaining ideas he didn’t have in ‘92.

You would think that with as many people as there are missing(many of which were not investigated properly) and never found that law enforcement would take a different approach ..Oftentimes so much precious time is lost in ALWAYS assuming that a family member or an aquaintance of the victim(s) is the perpetrator ....Perhaps if they assigned one detective to investigate the family and friends and another detective to investigate other possibilities ....

You would think that with as many people as there are missing(many of which were not investigated properly) and never found that law enforcement would take a different approach ..Oftentimes so much precious time is lost in ALWAYS assuming that a family member or an aquaintance of the victim(s) is the perpetrator ....Perhaps if they assigned one detective to investigate the family and friends and another detective to investigate other possibilities ....

I don’t wish to disagree but the numbers of murders among family members and acquaintances is considerably higher than stranger on stranger crimes. I could get the statistics if necessary.

Most of murder investigations begin with close family and friends and work outward. If all of them are truly cleared then look to strangers. The motives are numerous such as broken marriages, paramours and life insurance policies. Sex, money and drugs.

If the victim is married, the first suspect is always the spouse.

Last edited:
Is there any body of water that runs through that zoo property? Thank you for your good posts. You seem to know that area very well.
Thank you, it's easy to know the area when it's home. I've always lived in Springfield, as did both of my parents. There are some ponds and watering areas that were dug/created, but none large enough to hide bodies or vehicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli