Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You would think that with as many people as there are missing(many of which were not investigated properly) and never found that law enforcement would take a different approach ..Oftentimes so much precious time is lost in ALWAYS assuming that a family member or an aquaintance of the victim(s) is the perpetrator ....Perhaps if they assigned one detective to investigate the family and friends and another detective to investigate other possibilities ....
Just to set the record straight in your quest to establish a serial killer as responsible for every missing female in the state of MO, you can remove the name of Crystal Kipper from your list. While it is true her remains are still missing it is also true that her murderer took his own life & left enough evidence behind to have been convicted in a court of law.

John Williams was first convicted as a 16 yr old youth of possessing child *advertiser censored*, sodomy, murdering & burying the remains of a 6 yr old boy. If a mistake was made at that time it was in sentencing him to just 5 yrs in a state reform school & hospital.

A yr after his release from the hospital Williams was convicted of possessing child *advertiser censored*, kidnapping & rape of a teenage boy. This time he was sentenced to prison, & paroled just 9 yrs later. He was paroled in 1992 to work at a print shop that hired only parolees & ex cons to collect state & federal subsidies for doing so. So much for not fraternizing with ex cons.

In February 1997 Crystal Kipper's car was found out of gas along I-29 at Platte City, Platte county, MO. She was missing & hasn't been seen since. John Williams was on a list of possible suspects but it was unclear exactly what had happened & other than a possible broken windshield to her car (no one could say for sure it wasn't broken before) there was no other evidence indicating a crime had possibly taken place. No evidence pointing to any suspect, let alone Williams.

John Williams remained off police radar due to lack of any evidence until Jan 1999 when he was convicted in Jackson county for the July 1997 kidnapping, assault, rape & sodomy of a woman over a 10 day period. While awaiting formal sentencing in the Jackson county jail Williams hung himself. He left a hand written suicide note in which he failed to mention any of his previous crimes. Only then was the Platte county Sheriff's Dept granted a search warrant in the Crystal Kipper missing persons case. When the warrant was served where Williams had some of his possessions stored, they found the jeans Crystal Kipper was known to be wearing at the time of her disappearance, her driver's license, & other possessions suspected to have belonged to her.

All of John Williams' former haunts including the burial location of the 6 yr old victim when Williams was 16 yrs old, have been throughly searched many times over for the remains of Crystal Kipper. Crystal's mother has provided DNA should skeletal remains or individual bones be found in the future.

I would love to hear your facts ( not JMO's, IMO's etc) on how this case was not properly investigated.

I don’t wish to disagree but the numbers of murders among family members and acquaintances is considerably higher than stranger on stranger crimes. I could get the statistics if necessary.

Most of murder investigations begin with close family and friends and work outward. If all of them are truly cleared then look to strangers. The motives are numerous such as broken marriages, paramours and life insurance policies. Sex, money and drugs.

If the victim is married, the first suspect is always the spouse.
Weren't all of the Levitt and Streeter family members living in another state at the time?

I don’t wish to disagree but the numbers of murders among family members and acquaintances is considerably higher than stranger on stranger crimes. I could get the statistics if necessary.

Most of murder investigations begin with close family and friends and work outward. If all of them are truly cleared then look to strangers. The motives are numerous such as broken marriages, paramours and life insurance policies. Sex, money and drugs.

If the victim is married, the first suspect is always the spouse.
Weren't all of the Levitt and Streeter family members living in another state at the time?
Sherrill and Suzie has an uncle who lived nearby. As far as I know he and Bartt were their only local relatives.
I've never heard about the uncle.

Someone informed me I'm making baseless accusations. Perhaps. Isn't that this entire case? ;) After 28 years I think everyone who came by Delmar should be interviewed with fresh eyes, as well as the party-goers and their parents. Most people only care about self-preservation for themselves and their loved ones.

Someone informed me I'm making baseless accusations. Perhaps. Isn't that this entire case? ;) After 28 years I think everyone who came by Delmar should be interviewed with fresh eyes, as well as the party-goers and their parents. Most people only care about self-preservation for themselves and their loved ones.
If I remember correctly you said you think what you think. You didn’t harass or berate anyone so I’d consider the source. FWIW I appreciate your enthusiasm and energy.

Everyone’s most likely already seen it, but here’s a clip of Janelle’s response.

Seen this loads and “ the other girls house” always gets me. The same “ girl” that she walked into the home uninvited went though it with zero witnesses and disturbed a crime scene.

But supposedly they were friends yet on tv she couldn’t even be bothered to pretend like they knew each other and knew the girls name. With friends like Janelle who needs enemies.

MOO

Seen this loads and “ the other girls house” always gets me. The same “ girl” that she walked into the home uninvited went though it with zero witnesses and disturbed a crime scene.

But supposedly they were friends yet on tv she couldn’t even be bothered to pretend like they knew each other and knew the girls name. With friends like Janelle who needs enemies.

MOO
There is any way she meant another girl? Or that at least someone else went with Suzie and Stacy. Janelle said "THEY went to the other girl's house" - that "they" seems odd. I might have just listened to it too many times. Is Suzie the "other girl"? Am I going crazy lol?

There is any way she meant another girl? Or that at least someone else went with Suzie and Stacy. Janelle said "THEY went to the other girl's house" - that "they" seems odd. I might have just listened to it too many times. Is Suzie the "other girl"? Am I going crazy lol?

I think it means Stacey told her they was going to Suzie’s house that night. Suzie being the “other girl”.

MOO

When I heard her say "the other girl's house" , I thought Janelle seemed to be distancing herself from Suzie ....If this is true , why? Very strange thing to say about a friend ...

When I heard her say "the other girl's house" , I thought Janelle seemed to be distancing herself from Suzie ....If this is true , why? Very strange thing to say about a friend ...
Appearing agitated describing your missing and likely murdered friends , odd take . Or is she just upset at the reporter / camera man ? Difficult to explain away .

Thank you, it's easy to know the area when it's home. I've always lived in Springfield, as did both of my parents. There are some ponds and watering areas that were dug/created, but none large enough to hide bodies or vehicles.
So, if anything is buried at the old zoo area it won't be under water. Is that old zoo property locked up or can people walk through it?

I don’t think she had a will. Her uncle was appointed administrator of her estate. There are a few NL articles about it.
I don't know much about wills. I am wondering if she would need an executor of her estate if there was no will? It doesn't seem like she owned anything of extreme value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli