Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What does it mean?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk Pro

Not 100% sure, but I think it's in reference to criminal orgs being Multi Level. So the crypt boys had someone above them (maybe worried about their prosecution), and someone even more hardcore/higher up above that person.

Are we assuming that (known, and allowed entry) abductor knew, or did not know, of the ultimate planned outcome? And if he didn't, what the hell did he think was going to transpire, a "talking to" or warning?

Scattered questions:

Was Suzie the only witness sched to testify? (If not, you can't kill everybody...)
Is an 8 o'clock rendezvous for the waterpark confirmed? (this seems AWFULLY early for after a night of partying)
Did Dustin Recla know Bartt Streeter?

What does it mean?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk Pro

Multi-level marketing, like a pyramid scheme. Think of Amway or Mary Kay. It's a system drug dealers, especially those in gangs, also use. They have a few people at the top then it works down to the people on the street who are selling and recruiting.

According to the police statements, which are ambiguous, the "trusted" one may very have not known what was to come. My source who I regard as reliable said the "trusted" one was not the one who actually murdered the women. That could have any of the "usual suspects."

There was almost a certainty that there were two crime scenes.

Ok. So we don't need a Venn diagram to assume that Cox and Carnahan are unrelated to grave-robbing and/or drugs which might entail a 'conspiracy'. Added that there are only so many overlapping and related relationships here. For this not to be solved means evidence was unattainable or lost and the trusted one hasn't cracked.

Ok. So we don't need a Venn diagram to assume that Cox and Carnahan are unrelated to grave-robbing and/or drugs which might entail a 'conspiracy'. Added that there are only so many overlapping and related relationships here. For this not to be solved means evidence was unattainable or lost and the trusted one hasn't cracked.

Thus far no one has cracked. But that may be about to change. It has been said (by the chief, I believe) that a confession is required to bring charges.

So far as I know the DNA could not be connected to the possible perp. That does not mean that he wasn't in the house. It just means that none was found.

Also consider that the perp may have come to the door and not come into the house but waited on the door to be opened and the occupants or occupant to come out voluntarily, much like what might take place when a sales person comes to your door. It could have been as simple as saying that "I'll wait in the car for you" and one or more complied. No one was there except the perps and/or the assistants.

It seems to be uniformly accepted among almost all of the people I have been in contact with that the perp is known and has been known for over a decade or even from the beginning.

What I can say from personal knowledge is that I talked to two former LE officers. One did not know anything about the investigation although he actually participated in the search itself and can be seen in the "48 hour" program. And I asked him many times. Nothing; nothing at all. The other former officer knew all of the players and told me one thing I have not forgotten. He said the "families" had been kept apprised.

I think the most important thing to consider is why the dog didn't bark. It barked later outside, but evidently not inside. If anyone has ever owned a Yorkie they would know these dogs will go bananas when strangers are at the door. The perp had to be trusted. I should think through simple logic that would greatly narrow the possible suspects. I can only think of four possible suspects based on what I know and have read of this crime. Why would anyone inside the house allow a stranger to come into the house when the dog is barking up a storm? I can't imagine anyone would; especially at that hour of the night.

BTW, the Springfield News-Leader is publishing several columns and interviews of this 25th anniversary. Also believe the local television news are having special programs as well. I believe those come on at 6 PM a short time from now. The prosecutor's comments are interesting, I thought.

FWIW- the case is getting attention again here in Springfield as we're approaching the 25th anniversary (wow, do I feel old! ). Here a couple articles from the Newsleader from yesterday and today. Obviously nothing new, just that they still continue to get tips.

http://www.news-leader.com/story/ne...en-went-missing-tips-still-trickle/101753510/

http://www.news-leader.com/story/ne...en-case-impact-springfields-psyche/102117002/

Oddly enough I was Sherrill's age when she, Suzie and Stacy went missing. It doesn't seem that long yet it is a long time as the photos show. This has taken a toll on family members and residents of Springfield who recall it.

Although I no longer live in Springfield (after 26 years), this case weighs heavily on my mind. I suppose I am being selfish wanting to know what happened while I remain alive myself. What is perhaps most disturbing is that Suzie and Stacy probably had 60-70 years of life to live and it was stolen from them by monsters. Think of all of their children, grandchildren and even perhaps great grandchildren who were never born. What might have come of them besides the stolen lives of Suzie and Stacy?

Who could do such a thing? What monster or monsters would think of such a thing? What could possibly be the motivation behind this heinous crime? Was it money? Was it jealousy of some sort? Revenge? We don't really know. What I do know is that this case needs to be solved, the remains found, if possible, and put this nightmare to bed. We should all hope that nothing like this ever befalls a member of our families. We wouldn't do what was likely done to these women to an animal. Just imagine how utterly horrible their final hours were. I can't imagine and most here can't imagine.

What I say is simply this. The police of all kinds should join together and get this case solved, and stop with the foot dragging and bring this case to a close. We know more of what happened to Jimmy Hoffa and Judge Crater than what happened here. With a greater metro area of 1/4 of a million people and everyone or nearly everyone somehow involved in looking and talking and praying nothing has apparently changed since 1992. What a travesty.

I don't know about the rest of you but this angers me so. This needs to end and it needs to end now.

I understand how you feel, MM. I'm from Springfield and was 12 yrs old the summer they were taken. You couldn't escape it, it dominated the news, the yellow missing persons fliers were literally every where and for the first time in my young life I realized we're not always safe. I recall getting up out of bed at night to check and make sure my parents had locked the doors.
I understand feeling selfish about it as I too REALLY want to know what happened to them, who took them and WHY. In 1992 no one thought that 25 yrs later we'd really not be much closer to knowing what happened to them. I can't imagine how that weighs on the families, especially Stacy's. I really think she was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. I'm sure her mother has gone over a million times all the what if's. What if she has insisted Stacy go to Project Graduation instead, what if she hadn't let her spend the night at Janelle's (where they had planned on staying), what if the girls had just decided to tough it out and sleep on the floor at Janelle's instead. Would the girls had gone to Suzi's the next morning to discover Sherrill was missing? Or would none of this had happened at all?
I can go in circles with this case. There are so many unanswered questions. I used to think the police knew more than they had released to the public but now I'm not so sure. I don't think they have much and without a legitimate tip I fear we may never know what happened.

As a side note- I work with a lot of people younger than me and the subject of the women came up and except for one none of them knew anything about it. They were all 'what? Here? In Springfield?". So I fired up the computer in the back and they all watched the Disappeared episode about the case (it was a slow night). They were all enthralled, asked me a ton of questions about it.

I understand how you feel, MM. I'm from Springfield and was 12 yrs old the summer they were taken. You couldn't escape it, it dominated the news, the yellow missing persons fliers were literally every where and for the first time in my young life I realized we're not always safe. I recall getting up out of bed at night to check and make sure my parents had locked the doors.
I understand feeling selfish about it as I too REALLY want to know what happened to them, who took them and WHY. In 1992 no one thought that 25 yrs later we'd really not be much closer to knowing what happened to them. I can't imagine how that weighs on the families, especially Stacy's. I really think she was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. I'm sure her mother has gone over a million times all the what if's. What if she has insisted Stacy go to Project Graduation instead, what if she hadn't let her spend the night at Janelle's (where they had planned on staying), what if the girls had just decided to tough it out and sleep on the floor at Janelle's instead. Would the girls had gone to Suzi's the next morning to discover Sherrill was missing? Or would none of this had happened at all?
I can go in circles with this case. There are so many unanswered questions. I used to think the police knew more than they had released to the public but now I'm not so sure. I don't think they have much and without a legitimate tip I fear we may never know what happened.

As a side note- I work with a lot of people younger than me and the subject of the women came up and except for one none of them knew anything about it. They were all 'what? Here? In Springfield?". So I fired up the computer in the back and they all watched the Disappeared episode about the case (it was a slow night). They were all enthralled, asked me a ton of questions about it.

If there is any consolation there are numerous scenarios that have been advanced. I have made my share of them myself. Somewhere the truth lies.

In my opinion the Springfield "city fathers" should find the best prosecutors they have and go with the available suspects and put them through the wringer until someone 'cracks' and the truth finally emerges. What we can be certain is that no one drove off I44 and decide that he would abduct and murder three young women that night.

Whatever happened took place between 11:15 PM and 6 AM. It would be just three hours when the girls arrived at about 2:45 AM except we don't know what took place during those hours when Sherrill was only by herself. She may or may have been there when they arrived. The assumption has been that all three were there when this took place. That is an unproven assumption.

We also don't know if the girls ever entered the house for a certain fact. I have long believed the crime scene was staged.

There are so many questions which the layman is unaware but if the police are as competent I have been led to believe the answer is known. The FBI and other agencies have also looked at the case.

The answer is there. The question is when we, if ever in our lifetimes, see it.

What we could do is to continually contact the media and newspapers to never again allow a case such as this to languish without a resolution. It needs to end and it needs to end now.

If they were indeed at George's restaurant, then the time frame could be narrowed down from 3:00 AM to 8:00AM when calls were made to the house. So there is 5 hours. With the front porch light being broken, I would suspect that they left the porch light on when they left to go to George's, walked back on porch and saw light busted out, sat their purses down and then at that time, the person/or persons snatched them. I think they were lying in wait for them to return. MOO.

But that would mean whoever was lying in wait either knew at the last second that Suzie and Stacy were coming back from Janelle's OR Sherrill was the target since the girls weren't supposed to be there.

"I'll wait in the car for you" and one or more complied - this is interesting.

But it would have had to be someone all 3 would comply with in the first place. Sherrill wouldn't necessarily go with a young acquaintance of the girls (to George's for example). And the girls might not go with one of Sherrill's acquaintances. All 3 would probably go voluntarily with a person in authority, and all 3 would most certainly go quietly at gunpoint.

Did the girls travel separately to Janelle's and back or in one car? I think it's key that they weren't supposed to be there. So either someone was after Sherrill and had to improvise when the girls showed up or the girls were followed back from Janelle's and the perpetrator already knew that the third car belonged to another potentially compliant victim and not a heavily armed MMA fighter.

Agree....with Sherrill having been a hair stylist, i think of her as a target, being out in the public eye, someone became infatuated with her maybe.

[h=1]Mother of missing woman: Don't call it an anniversary[/h]
Standing in that bedroom on June 7, 1992, Janis McCall had no way of knowing her daughter would become part of Springfield's most puzzling unsolved disappearance.

Instead, McCall was angry.
Her daughter Stacy had just graduated from Kickapoo and was spending the night at a friend's home, but when Stacy didn't call her the next day, McCall went over to the central Springfield home.
The doors were unlocked. And inside a room were Stacy McCall's shorts, shoes and bra in a neat pile on the floor next to the bed. Nearby were her keys, her bathing suit, her purse and her make-up kit.

"I thought, 'This is absolutely stupid' — that she left her stuff here and she left her car and she didn't have any sense to call me," McCall said.

Stacy was a beautiful, vibrant girl, McCall said. She used to model wedding dresses, and her long hair reached past her waist.
Even now, when McCall sees a girl with hair that long, she has to get a glimpse of the girl's face just to see that it's not Stacy.
Read more: http://www.news-leader.com/story/ne...issing-woman-dont-call-anniversary/351482001/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95