Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always thought it was done because someone knew too much about somebody, and that drugs were part of the equation.

Do you think it was only the knowing, or the knowing and possibly telling? There's always that chance, but what if someone had said "That's it, I'm going to _so-and-so_."

There was a poster in thread #5 that seemed to have a plausible explanation for Sherrill's purse being with the other two.

What if Suzie regularly kept her purse in that spot, entering the bedroom, so Stacy also set hers there as well. The other poster suggested that Sherrill went in to talk to them and needed a cigarette so she grabbed her purse and set it down by the others. I think that is close, a heavy smoker always has their cigarettes by them, but what if she was out and needed to get a new pack. Are there any pictures of Sherrill's cigarette pack?

Just moving in at the two month mark, people are still adjusting to a regular routine of where they put things. ID's taken would have been disclosed by the LE, why would they be taken anyway. You ask local people that were here during that time period, they say drugs was the reason. It defies logic to me that a beautician was that involved to warrant this, when she had been there alone a good part of the evening.

I wondered if ID's were taken as a trophy, that's why I asked about that. I do realize that such a thing may not be disclosed by LE ....

I've always thought it was done because someone knew too much about somebody, and that drugs were part of the equation.

I want to say if it were drug related, money would have been taken and it wasn't. It seems the 3 women were what he / they wanted. Stacy went out in her underwear (shorts on the floor). At least that is what her mother said, so I guess she didn't pack pajamas? It also seems to me that a drug hit would be in and out, quick kill. Can anyone think of drug cases involving kidnapping of a group of people?

Do you think it was only the knowing, or the knowing and possibly telling? There's always that chance, but what if someone had said "That's it, I'm going to _so-and-so_."
One never knows when the known might be told. Knowing can be a dangerous thing.

But yes, a word or two might have been said, though not necessarily.

Meth, for instance, is a drug which can cause extreme paranoia.

Eesh. So horrible. I'd never heard of it until the mid 2000's.
High school here too😉
Same..had never heard of it until mid 2000's.
I agree 100% with the other post, meth makes one extremely paranoid.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I have always felt drugs were at the root of this. 25 years gone and no resolution. Heartbreaking.

I want to say if it were drug related, money would have been taken and it wasn't. It seems the 3 women were what he / they wanted. Stacy went out in her underwear (shorts on the floor). At least that is what her mother said, so I guess she didn't pack pajamas? It also seems to me that a drug hit would be in and out, quick kill. Can anyone think of drug cases involving kidnapping of a group of people?
Depends on the definition of " drug related "
An addict withdrawing from drugs?
Agree would NOT leave money behind IMO.
A " ring leader " of sorts looking to " quiet" a potential witness?
IMO sorting through a purse or looking to take cash would be the LAST thing they'd worry about.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Recent News-Leader investigative piece chronicles a part of the Springfield drug scene in the years leading up to, and after, the disappearances:

The Man Who Reinvented Meth
Bob Paillet's "Nazi Method" swept across the country.
Until now, we hardly knew anything about him.
In case anyone missed it, this is an instructive read.

No, I doubt if any of the named culprits in it had a thing to do with 3MW, but it does capture a part of the drug culture in that era.

Meth has been a big thing in the Ozarks forever -- biker culture. It used to come up from Mexico at least by the late '70s, and the big drop-off thereabouts was Springfield on I-44.

When the bikers began to cook it themselves, it really exploded. And that was even before the so-called Nazi method, shake and bake, etc.

One can only surmise, I think.

They don't appear to be meth addicts - scrawny, pock-marked skin, missing teeth, crazed eyes. They graduated, which is an accomplishment. Sherrill maintained a tidy home. Meth addicts are often so consumed with getting a fix and living in a haze they have little time for real life things like keeping a job, paying bills, going to school, personal hygiene, respectability. When they come down they're paranoid and violent. Heroin, maybe. But even those get to looking and behaving badly before long. So I think there would have been signs.

My husband is a pastor, we are surrounded by the **** and drug culture here. Shootings all the time. Robberies. Bad drug deals. Overdoses. But nothing like three women vanishing from their home in the middle of the night. I may be in the minority, but it seems an awful lot like a sexual motive to me.

They don't appear to be meth-heads: scrawny, pock-marked skin, missing teeth, crazed eyes. They graduated, which is an accomplishment. Sherrill maintained a tidy home. Meth addicts are often so consumed with getting a fix and living in a haze they have little time for real life things like keeping a job, paying bills, going to school, personal hygiene, respectability. When they come down they're paranoid and violent. Heroin, maybe. But even those get to looking and behaving badly before long. So I think there would have been signs.

My husband is a pastor, we are surrounded by the **** and drug culture here. Shootings all the time. Robberies. Bad drug deals. Overdoses. But nothing like three women vanishing from their home in the middle of the night. I may be in the minority, but it seems an awful lot like a sexual motive to me.

Not to suggest it's what happened here, but not all drug users "look" like drug users, and not everyone who tries or uses meth is a "meth-head." (JMO a phrase that dehumanizes people who probably need help.)

Anyway, it's possible the women were familiar with the culture, the business, and its players no matter how involved they might have been. Or maybe they were sheltered from it and knew nothing. My point is simply - looks can be deceiving.

Not to suggest it's what happened here, but not all drug users "look" like drug users, and not everyone who tries or uses meth is a "meth-head." (JMO a phrase that dehumanizes people who probably need help.)

Anyway, it's possible the women were familiar with the culture, the business, and its players no matter how involved they might have been. Or maybe they were sheltered from it and knew nothing. My point is simply - looks can be deceiving.

Edited that term.

They may not look like it for a while, but eventually they do. We see them all the time down here. Thousands of them. They are destroying our towns and the lives of countless people. It's difficult to be sympathetic when we've seen so much of the ugliness of drug abuse and it's effects in our own backyard. The foster care system in our county is one of the worst in the nation due to the drug epidemic here. Children are abused and neglected like trash because parents are living solely for drugs. Of course, being in the ministry we have attempted to help so many. It's a never ending cycle because they lie and use people ... they say anything to get what they want. More drugs. Websleuths cases are rife with the effects of the madness of our high society. It makes me very, very angry.

They may not look like it for a while, but eventually they do. I see them all the time down here. Thousands of them. They are destroying our towns and the lives of countless people. It's difficult to be sympathetic, we see so much of the ugliness.
It can be used recreationally, without the tell-tale decay. Have to watch it, though.

This is what I've heard - casual users don't stay casual users long.

Not with meth or heroin. So scary. There have been several bad batches being passed here resulting in even more deaths. So senseless and totally preventable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste