Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would someone mind giving me the Twitter handle of the chief of police on this case?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

If you get it, please post it. I seriously doubt anything will come of it.

My impression is that the SPD believe they know what happened and who committed the crime and believe this case can only solved when a confession is made by the perp or perps.

To my knowledge the SPD has never said they know what happened and who did it. I don’t know if that is true or untrue.

What I would most like to know is the motive. In the early statements the case was said to be sexual assault. Have no idea how that conclusion was reached.

I do not believe you will be able to establish contact with the chief, but certainly you should try.

I can tell you that several years ago I contacted the then current reporter who was assigned the case. He advised me that although the SPD would discuss any other case they would refuse to even discuss this one case.

Many people have said that when they contacted the police with possible information that no one would return the call.

Not too long after this case broke I attempted to pass along information. There seemed to be no interest. I later went to the local headquarters of the MSHP and the trooper said he did not understand this. I asked him if they were assisting in the investigation but the SPD said they had everything under control and would not require their services.

In an unrelated case the John’s murder it wasn’t until a trooper went to the bother of getting a DNA sample of the killer was it that solved. That could have been done by the local police. That was an adjoining county.

I welcome your interest and hope you are successful.

If you get it, please post it. I seriously doubt anything will come of it.

My impression is that the SPD believe they know what happened and who committed the crime and believe this case can only solved when a confession is made by the perp or perps.

To my knowledge the SPD has never said they know what happened and who did it. I don’t know if that is true or untrue.

What I would most like to know is the motive. In the early statements the case was said to be sexual assault. Have no idea how that conclusion was reached.

I do not believe you will be able to establish contact with the chief, but certainly you should try.

I can tell you that several years ago I contacted the then current reporter who was assigned the case. He advised me that although the SPD would discuss any other case they would refuse to even discuss this one case.

Many people have said that when they contacted the police with possible information that no one would return the call.

Not too long after this case broke I attempted to pass along information. There seemed to be no interest. I later went to the local headquarters of the MSHP and the trooper said he did not understand this. I asked him if they were assisting in the investigation but the SPD said they had everything under control and would not require their services.

In an unrelated case the John’s murder it wasn’t until a trooper went to the bother of getting a DNA sample of the killer was it that solved. That could have been done by the local police. That was an adjoining county.

I welcome your interest and hope you are successful.
Thank you. I will certainly share the information if I can track it down.

I would like to share my reasoning for looking for his handle; please give me feedback on whether you think it might be a good idea or not.

I would like to publically ask him why, even with the thousands of signatures on a petition, they won't follow up on the parking garage lead, even if to just put it to rest. It appears they are not following up on leads. I was thinking that if it was posted publically it may put pressure on him to answer to it.

Is that crazy?

Thank you. I will certainly share the information if I can track it down.

I would like to share my reasoning for looking for his handle; please give me feedback on whether you think it might be a good idea or not.

I would like to publically ask him why, even with the thousands of signatures on a petition, they won't follow up on the parking garage lead, even if to just put it to rest. It appears they are not following up on leads. I was thinking that if it was posted publically it may put pressure on him to answer to it.

Is that crazy?

Logically the garage floor should have been cored and a probe inserted to see if anything was there. Too much time has been wasted on the hospital garage floor in my opinion.

However, there is a second concrete slab that was said to be done that morning which should be considered in my opinion. Most “students” of this crime know what I am referring to. So far as I know the SPD has never addressed that matter.

As you have correctly pointed out they do not seem to be following up on leads. That is the perception and may be true.

I can find no reasonable explanation why they will not return phone calls. As a result other agencies have become or were involved over the years.

Having worked with with the public over 35 years, I always made a point to return calls no matter how half baked they were.

It does appear that the SPD is accountable to no one.

Case in point: in an adjoining county a body was stuffed into a garbage can. When the smell became so strong it could not be ignored, the police chief contacted the SPD as he believed it was connected to Greene County. He was informed that he should write them a letter. This officer was one of the primary officers on the 3MW case. He is highly respected. The apparent indifference of the SPD baffles me no end.

If I have misstated any of the facts above as I recall them I will stand to be corrected.

One possible explanation is that they want the case to be buried and forgotten for fear of lawsuits. I think that is plausible.

<modsnip>

Lets address the things that were addressed in this latest Crime Watch Video.

One thing I'll mention that I noticed was, Mrs. McCall stated that Sherrill's bed was made as if she had not slept in it. However, in one of the crime scene photos posted years ago you can clearly see that the bed IS NOT made, and there appears to be an indention on one side of the bed where some one was laying.
Among some of the other inconsistent things regarding the events off that day as told in 1992, as opposed to what was said in the Vanished ID Video, and now more inconsistent and changed stories.
She says the house was Immaculate, so why did ANYONE feel the need to clean ANYTHING. Doesn't make any sense.

Logically the garage floor should have been cored and a probe inserted to see if anything was there. Too much time has been wasted on the hospital garage floor in my opinion.

However, there is a second concrete slab that was said to be done that morning which should be considered in my opinion. Most “students” of this crime know what I am referring to. So far as I know the SPD has never addressed that matter.

As you have correctly pointed out they do not seem to be following up on leads. That is the perception and may be true.

I can find no reasonable explanation why they will not return phone calls. As a result other agencies have become or were involved over the years.

Having worked with with the public over 35 years, I always made a point to return calls no matter how half baked they were.

It does appear that the SPD is accountable to no one.

Case in point: in an adjoining county a body was stuffed into a garbage can. When the smell became so strong it could not be ignored, the police chief contacted the SPD as he believed it was connected to Greene County. He was informed that he should write them a letter. This officer was one of the primary officers on the 3MW case. He is highly respected. The apparent indifference of the SPD baffles me no end.

If I have misstated any of the facts above as I recall them I will stand to be corrected.

One possible explanation is that they want the case to be buried and forgotten for fear of lawsuits. I think that is plausible.
What kind of lawsuits could they be worried about if the bodies were found? I'm asking because i am ignorant of such things.

Talk about the case Mule, not your personal feelings about SPD please. At this point its unproductive.

One thing I'll mention that I noticed was, Mrs. McCall stated that Sherrill's bed was made as if she had not slept in it. However, in one of the crime scene photos posted years ago you can clearly see that the bed IS NOT made, and there appears to be an indention on one side of the bed where some one was laying.
Among some of the other inconsistent things regarding the events off that day as told in 1992, as opposed to what was said in the Vanished ID Video, and now more inconsistent and changed stories.
She says the house was Immaculate, so why did ANYONE feel the need to clean ANYTHING. Doesn't make any sense.
I asked Mule his opinion on whether i should attempt to reach out to SPD. I asked him for those opinions and the rules of this board allow us to state such opinions. If you don't agree with said opinions, or just don't want to see them I believe we are to "scroll and roll" here. Thank you.

In other words, we are not to tell others what to talk about as long as we are abiding by the rules. Let's not try to control the board.

Talk about the case Mule, not your personal feelings about SPD please. At this point its unproductive.

I agree....I thought someone had previously stated that both beds looked like they were slept in. Also now I am confused on who showed up at the house first that morning. The Disappeared show interviewed a girl that indicated her and her boyfriend showed up early the next morning and cleaned up the glass outside and checked the house. With so many people in and out of the house how can they be sure the handbags were not moved together by friends or family? Also someone erased all their voicemail messages, the scene was very contaminated. Many inconsistencies.

What kind of lawsuits could they be worried about if the bodies were found? I'm asking because i am ignorant of such things.

The prosecutors, Mountjoy in particular (now a judge) was appalled at the 48 hour program and brought up the matter of lawsuits. For 25 years the suspects have had to live under a cloud.

But since I wrote that earlier I saw the video and listened to discussion by the detective. He impressed me as being very sincere. I&#8217;ll retract what I said. I do believe they do want to solve it.

I was impressed with Sgt. Todd King in the video. He is the real deal.

I agree....I thought someone had previously stated that all three beds looked like they were slept in. Also now I am confused on who showed up at the house first that morning. The Disappeared show interviewed a girl that indicated her and her boyfriend showed up early the next morning and cleaned up the glass outside and checked the house. With so many people in and out of the house how can they be sure the handbags were not moved together by friends or family? Also someone erased all their voicemail messages, the scene was very contaminated. Many inconsistencies.
What if one of the "friends" there the following day was a perp? They had good opportunity to erase a condemning phone message plus an excuse for their prints/DNA to be present.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

What if one of the "friends" there the following day was a perp? They had good opportunity to erase a condemning phone message plus an excuse for their prints/DNA to be present.

I haven't heard many people discuss DNA with this case. I'm sure the police are keeping quiet on any (if any) evidence they have. With that many people in and out of the crime scene, no DNA would hold up in court.

I asked Mule his opinion on whether i should attempt to reach out to SPD. I asked him for those opinions and the rules of this board allow us to state such opinions. If you don't agree with said opinions, or just don't want to see them I believe we are to "scroll and roll" here. Thank you.

In other words, we are not to tell others what to talk about as long as we are abiding by the rules. Let's not try to control the board.

With all due respect I don't want Mule to ride productive conversation off the rails for the next X# of months AGAIN about how he thinks SPD was involved in this crime.

I will answer one of your questions, SPD can't core the garage with out sufficient Probable Cause to obtain a Legal Search Warrant, signed by a Judge. It's clear that there is no probable cause to do so, or they would have already done so. Also, considering the veracity of the person who lead them to the parking garage in the first place.......I completely understand why they haven't.

That issue has already been postulated years ago.........and is VERY PLAUSABLE!!

VERY VERY PLAUSABLE!!! :)

I haven't heard many people discuss DNA with this case. I'm sure the police are keeping quiet on any (if any) evidence they have. With that many people in and out of the crime scene, no DNA would hold up in court.

I believe they have DNA but haven’t been able to match it to anyone. I would think the perp did not have DNA on file.

Maybe fingerprints but not definitive enough to put the perp on the gurney.

Handwriting is pretty much useless. Hand printing looks all the same. Fingerprints much better but not perfect; although good enough to round up suspects. DNA is a lock unless jury nullification results.

I have been informed that a gun was used to gain compliance. Not sure how that was determined. Could be bad information but I don’t think so.

They haven’t told us all they know.

The problem I saw with the Crime Watch Video is, that stories are much different now, in this new video, than they were in the last two documentaries done on this.

Why have some of the things in he timeline of the case all of a sudden changed?
Why are some people being injected into the 1st people who found them, when it was originally only JK and MH? Now Nigel was there as well.......What Gives?

And they didn't go into the details about the movements of the women, and the group they were partying with that night or the very important details that were outlined in the Aug 3, 1992 Springfield News-Leader.

They spend way too much time on Cox. I might feel stronger about Cox, if it weren't for all of the suspicious things that some close to the women did, and their suspicious stories and actions. Personally, I think this crime was committed by someone one or more of the women knew......Just like FBI profiler Wright stated back in 1992.

That issue has already been postulated years ago.........and is VERY PLAUSABLE!!

VERY VERY PLAUSABLE!!! :)
Interesting. ..

I'm fairly new to this case on here (only about 2/3 of the way through thread 1), although I remember when it happened and have vaguely followed it over the years.

I'm really fascinated by the sleuthers here that seem to have been involved with this case "behind the scenes" and am trying to learn where everyone fits. Are there any VIs or VEs here?

Thank you for your patience with my newbie questions.

I too was baffled by Mrs. McCall saying the home was "immaculate" and Sherrill's bed looked unslept in. Unless I am hallucinating I'm sure I have read or heard that Sherrill's bed looked slept in, her glasses on the night stand, a book she had reading was there, a cigarette in an ashtray, sounds like to me she had at least "retired" for the evening. Maybe she wanted to wait up until Suzy got home.. but I agree, if the home was immaculate, why were people cleaning up? Weird.

Personally, I think this crime was committed by someone one or more of the women knew......Just like FBI profiler Wright stated back in 1992.
Yep.

I need to watch that doc although it sounds like a double edged sword. A few stories changing which is very interesting yet at the same time focusing on the Cox nonsense.

The truth doesn't change.

I too was baffled by Mrs. McCall saying the home was "immaculate" and Sherrill's bed looked unslept in. Unless I am hallucinating I'm sure I have read or heard that Sherrill's bed looked slept in, her glasses on the night stand, a book she had reading was there, a cigarette in an ashtray, sounds like to me she had at least "retired" for the evening. Maybe she wanted to wait up until Suzy got home.. but I agree, if the home was immaculate, why were people cleaning up? Weird.

I think what I find most frustrating is the lack of a tight timeline. That has been all over the map and very fuzzy.

For example we were told at times the young women arrived at about 2:15 AM. Clearly that is impossible. They didn&#8217;t leave the party on East Hanover until about 1:50 AM. It was 57 blocks west to Battlefield. The various accounts put the women at the Battlefield residences at about 2:10 AM. Accounting for discussions that would assumably took place where the decision was made to go to the Delmar address the 2:20 departure time was almost certainly correct. And a witness looked at her alarm clock as they left and it was 2:20 AM.

Then there was the time to drive to the Delmar address; a distance of 11.6 miles. Under the most favorable conditions they couldn&#8217;t have arrived before 2:35 AM. More likely it was closer to 2:45 AM.

Sunrise was exactly at 5:53 AM according to the published tables. Additionally twilight was even sooner than that. So the allowable time for whatever happened had no more than about two hours and 45 minutes. We also have been told they had time to remove their make-up.

A similar van was seen at about 3:15 AM at the corner of Kentwood and Delmar as reported by the &#8220;yard sale lady.&#8221;

The so-called &#8220;porch lady&#8221; is widely believed unlikely due to the timeline.

I would like to know if all 23 possible suspects (male) as published by the News Leader only one failed the polygraph as of June 23, 1992. Who is that male suspect? We do not know.

Since Cox had no alibi that was provable why isn&#8217;t he a viable suspect?

Yes, I recall seeing a photo of her bed and it definitely did look slept in.

I'm not sure how much stock I put into the bed, however , because I often will go a day or two without making my bed.

Glasses on the night stand.. now that's a different story!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member