Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MM,

What leads you to believe the crime was staged?

It is a personal opinion. Nothing is “right” about the crime scene to paraphrase the officer in “Vanished.”

You might want to look up “skewed view’s” take on this crime. Look in the member list. You will find it very interesting. I often refer to it myself.

page 14.

What if they were provided with new identities and live somewhere under government protection? But that would make little sense for Stacy.. sorry for this theory, just a thought. Running out of clues on what could have happened that night.

It is a personal opinion. Nothing is “right” about the crime scene to paraphrase the officer in “Vanished.”

You might want to look up “skewed view’s” take on this crime. Look in the member list. You will find it very interesting. I often refer to it myself.

page 14.

Very interesting.

What if they were provided with new identities and live somewhere under government protection? But that would make little sense for Stacy.. sorry for this theory, just a thought. Running out of clues on what could have happened that night.

That might work for Sherrill and Suzie, but not for Stacy. My understanding this was considered a homicide 12 hours after they went missing.

This case is so very puzzling.

So many things could have happened.
I wonder what the FBI had to have said that Sherrill was the target and that it was a sexually motivated crime.
MM, when you say you think that the crime was staged, do you mean it took place somewhere else? Or just that it was covered up so well and made to look like something else?

My apologies for the double post, but I was wondering. It has been stated that Cox worked at the same car dealership as Stacy's father. Was this ever proven or disproven?

I wonder what the FBI had to have said that Sherrill was the target and that it was a sexually motivated crime.

MM, when you say you think that the crime was staged, do you mean it took place somewhere else? Or just that it was covered up so well and made to look like something else?

As the detective said nothing looked “right.” That is as good an explanation as any. And it was compounded by the visitors to the home prior to the police being called who corrupted what would have been a pristine crime scene.

In my opinion the investigation was steered off the tracks when the chief cleared the grave robbers. This crime should have been solved 25 years ago.

There is a second or even a third crime scene where the women were taken to and murdered. We don’t know where those were.

My apologies for the double post, but I was wondering. It has been stated that Cox worked at the same car dealership as Stacy's father. Was this ever proven or disproven?

He did but they may never have crossed paths. At best it was a coincidence unless Stacy was seen by Cox if and when she visited the large dealership.

I think Cox has to be the prime suspect. He and Stacy at least "knew of" each other and is someone that possibly could had gotten into the house under a ruse such as to use the phone due to "car broken down" ect. Since Stacy knew he worked at her dad's place that could had been just enough to lend a helping hand. Cox could had spotted them out late that night going by the store and followed them home. Whoever did this crime was indeed able to gain access without breaking in. And Cox's gf at the time did give him a false alibi. And Cox is a cold-blooded murderer

I think Cox has to be the prime suspect. He and Stacy at least "knew of" each other and is someone that possibly could had gotten into the house under a ruse such as to use the phone due to "car broken down" ect.e Since Stacy knew he worked at her dad's place that could had been just enough to lend a helping hand. Cox could had spotted hthem out late that night going by the store and followed them home. Whoever did this crime was indeed able to gain access twithout breaking in. And Cox's gf at the time did give him a false alibi. And Cox is a cold-blooded murderer
x and the

But is it a fact that Stacy knew him? I have never read such assertion.

x and the

But is it a fact that Stacy knew him? I have never read such assertion.

Its possible they may have never actually spoken but since both Cox and Stacy's father worked at the same auto dealer they likely knew each other in passing. I believe I've read that Ms McCall said that Stacy would often bring lunch to her father while he was working. In the Vanished video Ms McCall says there are two people she would want to confront and one of them "is in prison". No doubt that one in prison is Cox. I think the other is the girl he was dating at the time.

Truth to say, with so many comings and goings nothing can be taken for sure in this case. If you read in some forums -and the reading requires patience since the messages are endless- many people claim that in fact the crime scene was never absolutely neat as it is common belief. It is said that many of Sherrill's dresses were on the floor, strangely scattered, as if someone would have been loooking for something. Something similar is also said about her shoes, and the thread goes beyond presenting the reader an interesting inventory of the number of clothes that both the mother and daughter had, really surprising for the owner of a modest middle-classed house.
In addition, there were rumours about a threatening note left in the house, something the Police has denied, but who knows? If such had been the case, perhaps the phone calls could have enclosed a different meaning or purpose.

What's interesting if that if it was indeed Cox then that would completely change the entire theory of the case in that being Stacy was actually the target while Ms Levitt and Suzee were instead at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Its possible they may have never actually spoken but since both Cox and Stacy's father worked at the same auto dealer they likely knew each other in passing. I believe I've read that Ms McCall said that Stacy would often bring lunch to her father while he was working. In the Vanished video Ms McCall says there are two people she would want to confront and one of them "is in prison". No doubt that one in prison is Cox. I think the other is the girl he was dating at the time.

Thank you very much. I have also read about those two assertions on the part of Stacy's mother, though some people affirm Stacy's father and Cox did not work in the same location. Interesting speculation about Cox's old girlfriend, do you know if she has ever been interviewed?

Good observation, barefootpoet. I have myself many times wondered about the true position Stacy had in this crime, displacing Sherrill and Suzie as the possible targets.

Thank you very much. I have also read about those two assertions on the part of Stacy's mother, though some people affirm Stacy's father and Cox did not work in the same location. Interesting speculation about Cox's old girlfriend, do you know if she has ever been interviewed?

When the gf was interviewed she told LE that Cox was with her and they both even went to church that morning. In subsequent interviews she recanted and said that Cox had told her to say he was with her. Cox then said he was at his parents house that evening and apparently his parents vouched to LE on his behalf. If Cox really was at his parents house that night why even have his gf concoct a phony alibi? He obviously wasn't at his parents house.

If Cox really was at his parents house that night why even have his gf concoct a phony alibi? He obviously wasn't at his parents house.

Maybe he was trying to avoid having to involve his parents at that point.

Hard to say with him, I knew him, he's very intelligent and I could easily see this as a game for him at this point.

and I think Stacy was just in the wrong place at the right time.

It does bother me they have never followed thru on the Cox parking lot, the fact that GPR does show the appearance of three voids I think is all the evidence they need to look farther into it. Heck they dug up half this county I think looking!
Why not one more..

Hard to say with him, I knew him, he's very intelligent and I could easily see this as a game for him at this point.

It does bother me they have never followed thru on the Cox parking lot, the fact that GPR does show the appearance of three voids I think is all the evidence they need to look farther into it. Heck they dug up half this county I think looking!
Why not one more..
I don't get it either, especially since there was someone willing to fund it, plus it's private property and the LE doesn't have a say in it. I was thinking the hospital was in favor of it? Or maybe I'm up the wrong tree. If so someone please set me straight.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Why not one more..

On the flip side I really can't argue with you regarding Cox possibly just stringing LE and the media along for the notoriety. And on the other side of that coin is that more circumstantial evidence ties him to this than any of the other suspects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member