Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the chances that Cox, Garrison, Carnahan and the grave robbers were all in the area at the time of abductions .? What a nightmare for families and LE.

As the detective said nothing looked “right.” That is as good an explanation as any. And it was compounded by the visitors to the home prior to the police being called who corrupted what would have been a pristine crime scene.

In my opinion the investigation was steered off the tracks when the chief cleared the grave robbers. This crime should have been solved 25 years ago.

There is a second or even a third crime scene where the women were taken to and murdered. We don’t know where those were.
It is a interesting crime scene. Glass globe broken but bulb is intact and on. The door, the mailbox and potted plants all in place. Rock garden of white stones all in place. The picnic table umbrella is on one side in front of Levitt's car. Does anyone know if she kept it like that ?

I agree about the grave robbers. It seems entirely too convenient that all 3 disappeared just mere days before Suzie was to testify.

Surely, if this were the case, Sherrill, would have been taken as well since she would have been able to point LE in the right direction. Stacy, as I tend to always think, was in the wrong place at the wrong time. If it had been classified as a homicide 12 hours after the crime scene was discovered then LE must have some kind of evidence pointing toward that.

Some interesting points have been brought up here. Coxs, grave robbers, or stranger danger ?

Also, I am curious as to anyone thinking that Larry Hall could be responsible for this? I read a book on him and concerning his methods, I feel he could have (not saying did) done this. Thoughts?

Also, I am curious as to anyone thinking that Larry Hall could be responsible for this? I read a book on him and concerning his methods, I feel he could have (not saying did) done this. Thoughts?

This is something interesting to me. Larry Hall drove a van that matched the wittinesses description, and was said to be in the area when the crimes took place. Was Larry Hall and a buddy at George's Steak House that night?

This is something interesting to me. Larry Hall drove a van that matched the wittinesses description, and was said to be in the area when the crimes took place. Was Larry Hall and a buddy at George's Steak House that night?

The Hall brothers could hardly be described as "clean cut" as the waitress remembered. So no

This interview is absolutely interesting, revealing things to, at least, stop to consider about Larry Hall in relation to the Springfield case:

http://truecrimediary.com/index.cfm?page=cases&id=174

Yes, very interesting read! The author is the man who wrote the book about Hall that I read! I just think that he could definitely fit the profile of a perp who could have and likely would have if given the opportunity to commit this crime. He just seems to fit it best to me out of all the perps I have heard/read about.

The Hall brothers could hardly be described as "clean cut" as the waitress remembered. So no

I think it's a possibility the Hall's are responsible for the M3W and yes, not 'clean cut'.....Larry took pride in those mutton-chops.

What's interesting if that if it was indeed Cox then that would completely change the entire theory of the case in that being Stacy was actually the target while Ms Levitt and Suzee were instead at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Exactly as to why I do not believe Cox is the 'culprit'. Whose house were the women at? IMO makes no sense for him to 'risk it' taking 3 when he could have gotten Stacy when she was alone.

x and the

But is it a fact that Stacy knew him? I have never read such assertion.[

Same here. Never read that they knew each other or even knew OF each other. What I gathered is Stacy and her sisters occasionally brought Dad his lunch. I'm not sure what job either man had (with the dealership) I've always gotten the impression they did not work 'together'. I've always 'assumed' (uh oh) that Cox washed the cars (after being in the shop) and Stacy's dad was 'higher up' in the ranks...possibly a salesmen or service writer (?) ......but 99% positive the men did not work in the same area of the dealership.

Only a couple people knew the girls were headed beck to Delmar . That’s why it’s widely believed they were not the targets as plans kept changing rapidly . Unless , the abductor was with them that evening . Or they were targeted driving home by stranger , not impossible( see Kelsey smith abduction / murder ) but seems unlikely .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To those who read the crimewatch article...
In the crimewatchdaily article the reporter (albeit got the tip about bodies in the parking garage?...from who? Guy who claimed to be psychic?) Mentions she has researched it, been threatened and "theres a reason it wont be solved" because "you need to be careful of who you trust."

Hint at LE involvement? Just wondering if anyone else who read the article thought thw same? Or what else was she hinting at?

My only other theory is someone followed them home from a party. Maybe turned down and quietly followed and enacted revenge.

Its said suzie and stacy hadnt been close in awhile...did onw experience or witness something at a party that had the killer folllow home and make one desperately reach out to stay with an acquaintance? Ngl, if something awful occurred that i was a victim of or saw, clinging on to the nearest i had of an old friend would 100% be something i would do esp for only being one night of sleep.

I think Cox has to be the prime suspect. He and Stacy at least "knew of" each other and is someone that possibly could had gotten into the house under a ruse such as to use the phone due to "car broken down" ect. Since Stacy knew he worked at her dad's place that could had been just enough to lend a helping hand. Cox could had spotted them out late that night going by the store and followed them home. Whoever did this crime was indeed able to gain access without breaking in. And Cox's gf at the time did give him a false alibi. And Cox is a cold-blooded murderer

Facts: Stacy's father worked at Friendly Ford (in Spgfld) and he was a car salesman. Cox washed cars.

There is no proof (I've ever heard or read) that states for sure they even 'knew of' each other. I would 'assume' LE interviewed his coworkers to see if Cox showed any interest in Stacy ie. a side comment "Who's that?"

Cox was acquitted by the FL Supreme Court. The case was based on circumstantial evidence.

Now Larry Hall.....IMO.....still possible and I think LE needs to polygraph his brother's ex-wife.

How did a couple of shaggy looking men like the Hall brothers able to gain access into the house without breaking in? At 2:30 AM

How did a couple of shaggy looking men like the Hall brothers able to gain access into the house without breaking in? At 2:30 AM

Barefeetpoet, if the women in the Delmar house heard or saw a van pulling into the drive, it's not unusual that one or more of them would have opened the front door to see who the heck was out there.

It's not like they would have been expecting to be kidnapped. Younger people arnt as paranoid and easily frightened as old people are, so there would have been no reason for them to be scared. I for instance, would have walked onto my front porch to see who in the heck was in my driveway.

Also, if you take in to account that the van was seen prowling the neighborhood around 4:30am, you would deduce that the abductions took place much later then 2:30am. At that time the 3mw would not have even went to bed yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member