Mistrial, Hung Jury - Raven Abaroa Murder in the 1st

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Lord have mercy, yall please forgive all of my typos. I'm so nervous I can't spell or type.

so what happens if the jury can't come to a decision? will he walk? I find it hard to believe that the state would want to retry this case seeing as how they have virtually no evidence other than the CE. I'm so nervous right now....
If it's 11-1 guilty why wouldn't the state retry the case?

I know what everyone is hoping for, but why is it auto assumed it's 11-1 in favor of guilty?

Remember that the first jason young trial the were deadlocked in favor of innocent, not guilty.

I know what everyone is hoping for, but why is it auto assumed it's 11-1 in favor of guilty?

You are right. But Charlene, ADA's, closing argument was a huge home run that tied everything together so perfectly. I cannot believe 11 would be looking at not guilty.

I just talked to "lawyer relative" who thinks the holdout is a juror who refuses to vote guilty because he/she hasn't been convinced beyond a reasonable doubt.

I hope he is right......and I hope he/she will be convinced to vote guilty!!!!!

this is absolutely nerve wracking......I want Janet's family to have some closure and peace!!

so what happens if the jury can't come to a decision? will he walk? I find it hard to believe that the state would want to retry this case seeing as how they have virtually no evidence other than the CE. I'm so nervous right now....

CE is very important, sometime more worthy than an eye witness account as humans make mistakes and get confused. CE, especially now with all kinds of forensics and DNA is science, and it's invaluable. I think there is enough CE to be included to retry him. But the costs of another trial, especially after waiting so long to arrest him and bring him to trial this time, may be a factor.

I just talked to "lawyer relative" who thinks the holdout is a juror who refuses to vote guilty because he/she hasn't been convinced beyond a reasonable doubt.

I hope he is right......and I hope he/she will be convinced to vote guilty!!!!!

this is absolutely nerve wracking......I want Janet's family to have some closure and peace!!

Reasonable doubt is a hard term to understand. Doesn't mean all doubt, which many think. It's even hard to define so I can see how one holdout could have reasonable doubt. It's up to the other 11 to try to drill the points down and convince him or her based on the evidence. I hope the outcome will be favorable. If not, and if he's retried, we'll have to wait another year or so.

I am afraid to leave my computer, even to go to the bathroom. Afraid they will come back live and I'll miss something. My coffee is screaming to get out.

Nooooooooooooooo. We need a verdict, more importantly Janet's family need a verdict. This is misery for them.

You are right. But Charlene, ADA's, closing argument was a huge home run that tied everything together so perfectly. I cannot believe 11 would be looking at not guilty.

You may be right, but then again, nobody believed Jason Young was deadlocked trial one and even more stunned they were deadlocked in favor of innocent, mind you in a trial that was more slam dunk than this one was IMO.

I would not assume anything.

Nooooooooooooooo. We need a verdict, more importantly Janet's family need a verdict. This is misery for them.

I could see the fear on Janet's mom's face when they showed her....after announcing the jury was hung. I can't imagine the pain she is feeling.

You may be right, but then again, nobody believed Jason Young was deadlocked trial one and even more stunned they were deadlocked in favor of innocent, mind you in a trial that was more slam dunk than this one was IMO.

I would not assume anything.

I'm not assuming, I'm praying.

Remember that the first jason young trial the were deadlocked in favor of innocent, not guilty.
Trying to forget that for the moment. Thinking guilty vote because he IS guilty. Hope they nail him.

Did you get a chance to see the closing statements? State will W O W you if you listen.

I just got home from errands, oh lordy, please don't let it end this way, I just can't imagine her family having to go through this all over again.

It's getting close to 1:00...lunch time. I wonder if they will come out and deliver a stateus update to the judge. And I wonder if it will be live for us?

It's getting close to 1:00...lunch time. I wonder if they will come out and deliver a stateus update to the judge. And I wonder if it will be live for us?

Hope so in both cases.

I am afraid to leave my computer, even to go to the bathroom. Afraid they will come back live and I'll miss something. My coffee is screaming to get out.
Ha ha. I'm back to carrying mine in there with me.
I really need to go for a fast walk to get rid of some of this nervous energy, but my wi-fy won't reach that far!

I'm "channeling" peace and justice. And breathing. And prayer.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste
Back