Mistrial, Hung Jury - Raven Abaroa Murder in the 1st

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No reaction whatsoever from Raven. Still and yet, no reaction. The only time he showed emotion was when he hears his own voice, when he sees his things. He never has any expression. He is so vile.

No reaction whatsoever from Raven. Still and yet, no reaction. The only time he showed emotion was when he hears his own voice, when he sees his things. He never has any expression. He is so vile.

What about mommy dearest?

I'm back, what happened? Whre's the jury

At lpm, the judge brought the jury back in, we were able to watch, and asked them how long they needed for lunch. The forman said 90 minutes, Judge Hudson said "well, we'll see you back at 2:30" and the jury filed out. The camera stayed on Raven and the female defense attorney for a minute, close up show, she was consoling him or something. Then the camera showed Janet's family leaving the courtroom and then it went black.
So, at 2:30 the jury will come back from lunch and begin deliberating again.

What about mommy dearest?

They showed her for a moment and she had a face,,,,don't know what kind it was, not happy, not sad, not anything actually, but a bad face. Worry probably.

if 11 jurors vote for guilty and one hangs then state knows it has the evidence and hopefully second time round they get 12 jurors not 11 who vote guilty

I am hoping though that the 11 can still persuade the one

I hope you are right.

They showed her for a moment and she had a face,,,,don't know what kind it was, not happy, not sad, not anything actually, but a bad face. Worry probably.

She probably smiled when she saw Janet's family crying.

I've been wondering since they first announced they were hung, if Judge Hudson or any of the other judges, such as Judge Stephens in the Young trial, take it somewhat personally when a jury hangs. I know they follow the letter of the law but I am thinking they may be beating themselves up a little bit for not saying something, not giving the jury the instructions in the right tone, etc., just something they could have done differently. I would be if I were a judge. I think Judge Hudson has handled this trial just fine and I hope he's on the bench when RA is retried.

She probably smiled when she saw Janet's family crying.

She probably did. she's capable.
My first first thought, upon hearing that the jury was hung, was that Karyn got to that one juror with a pay off. I'm so sorry, but that was my very first thought.

I wish the judge hadn't dismissed that alternate. I can't recall what trial it was anymore, but I remember a juror being replaced during deliberations for refusing to deliberate. I remember it because I'd never heard of that before. The jury foreman came back and told the judge, 'juror number whatever sits off alone and refuses to deliberate with us.'

I wish the judge hadn't dismissed that alternate. I can't recall what trial it was anymore, but I remember a juror being replaced during deliberations for refusing to deliberate. I remember it because I'd never heard of that before. The jury foreman came back and told the judge, 'juror number whatever sits off alone and refuses to deliberate with us.'

Oh my gosh, that same thing but different kind of, happened in the Scott Peterson trial. Remember, the first foreperson was a doctor and a lawyer and he was keeping notebooks and notebooks on every word that was uttered during deliberations, slowing things down,,,,,and the jury asked the judge to remove him. He did. I think that's when Strawberry Shortcake was moved from alternate to juror.

If RA is retried, I'm still hoping for a verdict today

I know what you mean, I hope we find out one way or another today. I don't want this one hold out dragging things into next week.

Oh my gosh, that same thing but different kind of, happened in the Scott Peterson trial. Remember, the first foreperson was a doctor and a lawyer and he was keeping notebooks and notebooks on every word that was uttered during deliberations, slowing things down,,,,,and the jury asked the judge to remove him. He did. I think that's when Strawberry Shortcake was moved from alternate to juror.

I thought it was the Peterson trial, but didn't want to say because I couldn't remember for absolutely sure. As an aside, did you guys see there is going to be an update on the Michael Peterson trial, IIRC, Friday night. One of the crime programs, dateline possibly. From the clip I saw, it's going to focus on the defense side, including the 'owl' evidence. < snort > :banghead:

I thought it was the Peterson trial, but didn't want to say because I couldn't remember for absolutely sure. As an aside, did you guys see there is going to be an update on the Michael Peterson trial, IIRC, Friday night. One of the crime programs, dateline possibly. From the clip I saw, it's going to focus on the defense side, including the 'owl' evidence. < snort > :banghead:

Snort a little bit bigger Glee, for me, my nose is stopped up. I think that's the most stupid defense anybody in the history of the legal profession has ever come up with. And I hope they find his *advertiser censored** guilty the next go round.
I have not seen anything about the update so thanks--I want to watch. He's guilty too and his arrogance and nastiness just seeps out of his every pore.

Each time they show a close up of RA I just don't get what those pretty women saw in him physically.

Judge told jurors to begin deliberating, and said court at ease. So we wait some more. And pray some more.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amber81
Back