MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer on trial for the kidnapping of Heather Elvis #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand all the concern around the jury being released for the evening.

That's quite common, especially when a full day has been spent already in court with closing arguments and jury instructions and the day is ending.

It doesn't necessarily mean a jury is hung, it just means they want to go home, and they have every right to do so. Sequestration is not the norm.

I thought the state did a great closing. She went too long, but she made every point and made it clearly. There's a lot of evidence and if the jury wants to be thorough, it could take some time. This is not a 42 min episode of Law & Order.

There is more than enough there to convict this defendant of kidnapping.

How about sending out some positive energy for the right outcome and for justice?

So did anyone ever find the missing dvr? Are there repercussions for losing evidence, or is it just not entered into the case.

Sierra Lemar hopefuuly soon. Also watching Brit Drexel case and Sievers and Jeffrey Willis. Take care till tomorrow.

I've popped the top on a cold adult beverage & am having it for Heather. I'm busy with bridesmaid duties tomorrow for a wedding Saturday so I'll be in and out tomorrow :(.

I'll text ya if no one else has volunteered yet. I'm off on Fridays during the summer... (thank God! I'm not sure my nerves and anticipation could handle working tomorrow.)

Tomorrow is my 3rd wedding anniversary and I'm hoping that brings good news. I'm hoping for a guilty verdict and finally some justice for Heather, her family, and her friends. This case brought me to websleuths and although I took a much needed break, I've always had this case on my mind. Happy to see some familiar faces and new ones who are all here to see justice for Heather!

It's my wedding anniversary too. As I reflect on it now, I can't help but wonder if I'll now always think of Heather should the jury return a verdict tomorrow. I pray that it's the right one.

Happy Anniversary to you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As often happens, people have made many friendships, become familiar with other posters, and some have now gotten addicted to Websleuths and following trials.

Sooo. While we are waiting ( and a cross promotional advertisement for WS lol...)

... what trials are you folks following next?

For myself...I was looking at which of the cases I have followed whose trial is next.

I see Erin Corwin ( she was an alleged mistress who was thrown down a mineshaft) and Cooper Harris trials ( infant in Atlanta that was left in car at Home Depot), which BOTH I have followed for years, both start on September 12th!

:pullhair: !!!!!

ETA: Erin Corwin was also a young lady suspected to be pregnant when she was killed.. and just like this case told her girlfriend that she was excited she thought the guy was going to ask her to leave his wife / marry her that day when she went off on a day trip)

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11648765

I came to WS when I became intrigued with Teleka Patrick, a missing person. She was sadly found (after a lot of time) deceased, no murder. Her case intrigued me because of all of the mental health issues/her strange tweets. So, the discussion of those made me find WS. After I was here/hooked, Heather Elvis went missing and then I was hooked.

I've been interested in many cases here, especially the ones that involve missing children, but it seems only the ones involving adults keep me drawn until trial (maybe because I know the others have to plea out or they are just too hard to hear).

I'm following:

The murder of Teresa Sievers
The murder of Dan Markel
The murder of Missy Bevers

I also very closely followed the abduction and subsequent murder of Beverly Carter, and the conviction of her killers.

I always follow cases that involve missing children, but have not watched any court cases involved with them aside from Casey Anthony, which was before I joined WS.

So did anyone ever find the missing dvr? Are there repercussions for losing evidence, or is it just not entered into the case.

They corrected it after a break and they had somebody come in and explain that there were multiple DVRs in evidence and they stated the wrong exhibit number/ had wrong DVR.

It became clear after it was explained at least it did to me.

I'm not following any other case as closely as I follow this one. I've never watched a trial as much as this one (and even then, I've only watched testimony of key witnesses). Oh, and I was convinced of his guilt yesterday.

I came to WS when I became intrigued with Teleka Patrick, a missing person. She was sadly found (after a lot of time) deceased, no murder. Her case intrigued me because of all of the mental health issues/her strange tweets. So, the discussion of those made me find WS. After I was here/hooked, Heather Elvis went missing and then I was hooked.

I've been interested in many cases here, especially the ones that involve missing children, but it seems only the ones involving adults keep me drawn until trial (maybe because I know the others have to plea out or they are just too hard to hear).

I'm following:

The murder of Dan Markel

I also very closely followed the abduction and subsequent murder of Beverly Carter, and the conviction of her killers.

I always follow cases that involve missing children, but have not watched any court cases involved with them aside from Casey Anthony, which was before I joined WS.

I followed Teleka's case too, very sad! Maura Murray is what brought me to websleuths.

I don't understand all the concern around the jury being released for the evening.

That's quite common, especially when a full day has been spent already in court with closing arguments and jury instructions and the day is ending.

It doesn't necessarily mean a jury is hung, it just means they want to go home, and they have every right to do so. Sequestration is not the norm.

I thought the state did a great closing. She went too long, but she made every point and made it clearly. There's a lot of evidence and if the jury wants to be thorough, it could take some time. This is not a 42 min episode of Law & Order.

There is more than enough there to convict this defendant of kidnapping.

How about sending out some positive energy for the right outcome and for justice?

I'm not concerned about it at all :). I think it's great that they want to take a rest, sleep on it after a long day, and come back with a clear mind. It shows a thoughtful jury.

I'm following:

The murder of Dan Markel

I will never forget Teleka Patrick case. Ive never seen anything like that case and reading her tweets. That was the most intense case Ive followed.

As often happens, people have made many friendships, become familiar with other posters, and some have now gotten addicted to Websleuths and following trials.

Sooo. While we are waiting ( and a cross promotional advertisement for WS lol...)

... what trials are you folks following next?

For myself...I was looking at which of the cases I have followed whose trial is next.

I see Erin Corwin ( she was an alleged mistress who was thrown down a mineshaft) and Cooper Harris trials ( infant in Atlanta that was left in car at Home Depot), which BOTH I have followed for years, both start on September 12th!

:pullhair: !!!!!

ETA: Erin Corwin was also a young lady suspected to be pregnant when she was killed.. and just like this case told her girlfriend that she was excited she thought the guy was going to ask her to leave his wife / marry her that day when she went off on a day trip)

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11648765

I followed Erin's case up until the guy was arrested and her body was found but I must have somehow fallen behind on it... so thanks for the reminder!

I've also been following the Missy Bevers case, waiting impatiently for ANYTHING to happen in the Rhoden family murders in OH, have also followed the Sievers and Lamar cases as well, and last (but certainly not least), the Eisenhauer and Keepers case (the VT track athlete and his sociopath-in-training--her words--sidekick who killed 13 year old Nicole Lovell, who had already survived a liver transplant in her lifetime [emoji22]). The Eisenhauer/Keepers case is in its early stages and the case is being presented to the Grand Jury for an indictment on July 26th, I believe.

Your post brings up a question I have. I'm late to this case, and I'm wondering.... Why just a KIDNAPPING charge? Why not a murder charge? I mean, duh.... he disappeared her and she's gone, so, he killed her, right?
There was a murder charge and then there wasn't. I don't think we've heard the end of that honestly. It can come back.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I know everyone's waiting around until the jury starts deliberating again tomorrow, but can we keep this thread devoted to the SM trial?

I'm back. I can't believe the jury deliberated 2 hours with no verdict. I'm not near a computer tomorrow but will check via phone periodically.

I wasn't involved in the initial searches for Heather, I stumbled upon her forum here and started reading everything, including all of TM's trip reports linked at the DISboards.

Great chatting with you all, next trial I'll be following is Cooper Harris in September, been following that one since the beginning.

:seeya:

hoping for GUILTY!

I can't believe we've waited 2.5 long years for this and SMs trial is nearly over so quickly. I was figuring it would last a few weeks. But then again the only trials I have watched were Jodi Arias and Casey Anthony.
I'm so torn on how it's going to turn out. I've always been disappointed with court systems...not to mention the Anthony trial and I wanted Arias to get death for what she did.
I can only imagine the horrible suffering the HE went thru because of those asinine sickos. I pray that justice is served.

Sent from my Trio AXS using Tapatalk

I know everyone's waiting around until the jury starts deliberating again tomorrow, but can we keep this thread devoted to the SM trial?

We have a sidebar thread over in the Sievers case that is a place we can talk about stuff not case related, maybe we can request one here since Heather has her own breakout thread? Just a thought/request. Sorry if the thread is not on topic but we are waiting & it's human nature to chitchat while waiting lol :)

IMO

And I was just thinking this is just the first trial! We still have Tammy...and Lord willing, 2 murder trials too.

As an aside, I know the mannerisms of the prosecutor annoyed a lot of people but I found her to be very soothing. I enjoyed the Southern charm of 'If you don't mind...' I think she did well overall.

Your post brings up a question I have. I'm late to this case, and I'm wondering.... Why just a KIDNAPPING charge? Why not a murder charge? I mean, duh.... he disappeared her and she's gone, so, he killed her, right?
I could be wrong, but I think they are going with the charge most likely to get a conviction, at this point. It will be easier to prove kidnapping than murder with current evidence.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member