MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer on trial for the kidnapping of Heather Elvis #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The State's closing was excellent. There was plenty of evidence to prove the circumstantial, and it all pointed towards SM doing the luring. Her closing covered all the important details so clearly that everyone on that jury should conclude SM is guilty.

MOO, Heather was lured and she's gone because SM and TM planned to do away with her. It's time for Heather to get some Justice! Hope we're celebrating Justice being done with a guilty verdict tomorrow.

Just pondering what could be going through the jurors minds. As much as TM was thrown under the bus (and I believe she is up to her eyeballs in it) there was no evidence brought forth in this trial that links her to anything that night. SM is linked several times. If the jury doesnt see that I will wonder why. jmo.

I could be wrong, but I think they are going with the charge most likely to get a conviction, at this point. It will be easier to prove kidnapping than murder with current evidence.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

If found guilty... how many years will be charged for kidnapping?

I'm glad I'm not on this jury. The things that lock it in for me of his guilt are that he lied, telling her he was going to leave his wife...and...who the heck buys a pregnancy test at 1:00 a.m.?????

And I was just thinking this is just the first trial! We still have Tammy...and Lord willing, 2 murder trials too.

As an aside, I know the mannerisms of the prosecutor annoyed a lot of people but I found her to be very soothing. I enjoyed the Southern charm of 'If you don't mind...' I think she did well overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't believe that they can ever be tried and convicted for murder in the state of South Carolina after they have gone to trial and found innocent or guilty due to double jeopardy.

If her body is later found in another state the Dual sovereignty Doctrine could apply and they could be prosecuted then.

:moo:

I'm so upset to know that one phone call lead to this. She was so in love with Sidney Moorer she lost her life.

Just pondering what could be going through the jurors minds. As much as TM was thrown under the bus (and I believe she is up to her eyeballs in it) there was no evidence brought forth in this trial that links her to anything that night. SM is linked several times. If the jury doesnt see that I will wonder why. jmo.

I'm glad that they are taking their time. While I am convinced beyond any doubt that SM is guilty, this is his future and life on the line and should not be taken lightly. Though he gave less consideration to Heather's life, we are not Sidneys. We are above that and better than that and we explore, discuss and debate evidence before sending someone off to prison.

Though if they come back with a not guilty I'll be shocked and wonder WTH they were thinking.

I'm glad I'm not on this jury. The things that lock it in for me of his guilt are that he lied, telling her he was going to leave his wife...and...who the heck buys a pregnancy test at 1:00 a.m.?????

Well TM has been pregnant enough she wouldnt need a test at 1 in the morning to tell her if she is or isnt.

I don't believe that they can ever be tried and convicted for murder in the state of South Carolina after they have gone to trial and found innocent or guilty due to double jeopardy.

If her body is later found in another state the Dual sovereignty Doctrine could apply and they could be prosecuted then.

I think so too. Hopefully there will be more evidence or a confession for a murder charge.

I saw up to 30 years mentioned earlier, I think

Yes, I believe that is the maximum, but nobody has chimed in with what the minimum might be.

Huh? This is not a murder trial. So, if her body is ever found, they (he/she) can definitely be tried for murder.

This is just a kidnapping trial, and the prosecutors managed it this way (reduced charges) so they could convict them on this while they continue the search for her body.

I dont think Ive followed a trial that the defense didn't put up a defense. Weird.

and the jury deliberated for 2 hours and called it a night. weird.

Who is the holdout, I'm sure that most of the jury felt he is guilty, the poll in the beginning of the thread is leans towards guilty.

What happened during this trial that the jury would think not guilty?

This is insane. Maybe the jury is fooling with us. :thinking: :tantrum: :panic:

:gasp:

It's my wedding anniversary too. As I reflect on it now, I can't help but wonder if I'll now always think of Heather should the jury return a verdict tomorrow. I pray that it's the right one.

Happy Anniversary to you!

Congratulations to you and your partner too poppygirl I hope you have many more happy anniversaries in the future.

And I was just thinking this is just the first trial! We still have Tammy...and Lord willing, 2 murder trials too.

As an aside, I know the mannerisms of the prosecutor annoyed a lot of people but I found her to be very soothing. I enjoyed the Southern charm of 'If you don't mind...' I think she did well overall.

I'm oddly going to miss her voice tomorrow!

and the jury deliberated for 2 hours and called it a night. weird.

Who is the holdout, I'm sure that most of the jury felt he is guilty, the poll in the beginning of the thread is leans towards guilty.

What happened during this trial that the jury would think not guilty?

This is insane. Maybe the jury is fooling with us. :thinking: :tantrum: :panic:

:gasp:

Two hours of deliberation is nothing. They had to go in, get organized and pick a foreman. The two hours was over before they could turn around good.

Really worried about this! Too many connecting dots for jury to find him guilty.

Two hours of deliberation is nothing. They had to go in, get organized and pick a foreman. The two hours was over before they could turn around good.

I hope so. When I was on a jury the first thing we did as a group was take a poll.

Perhaps someone on the jury thought, "I never make a decision unless I sleep on it" or like me, sitting there at 7:00 at night at being hangry and just want to get out of there.

Would they have fed the jury dinner prior to being released? Sat around, had a meal,, didn't want to get the exhibits dirty, someone didn't want to go to work tomorrow and stalled.

I dunno. ... thinking and prayers for Heather ...

:

Okay time for a reality check.

Seriously.

Panic because the jury didn't return in 2 hours?

Is this the first trial for a lot of y'all?

In the many trials I've followed over the last 15 years, the average time for a jury to reach a verdict is about 10 to 12 hours. Some longer, some much longer, some shorter.

Instead of all the negativity, how about putting out some positive thoughts to the universe for justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roroho