MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer on trial for the kidnapping of Heather Elvis #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
KT told the Judge he had instructed his client to not leave the building.

That was BB and he was there yesterday too.

Does anyone know if the jury comes back with guilty, will sentencing follow immediately?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Just thinking about that early morning phone call and I'm not sure the State has it right. I think it's highly probable that SM showed up at Heather's apartment and that's where it all started.

I've been thinking, maybe not SM but someone was in Heather's apartment at some stage during the night/early hours in the morning. Bri mentioned several pieces of clothing were missing, Leather Jacket (being one)..I immediately thought of TM wearing that Leather Jacket or a similar Jacket when she met SM at the prison when he was released. (Not saying I think that is Heathers Jacket, but I don't know, for some reason the feeling I'm getting is rather unsettling). Also, didn't LE find a diary or something similar that contained important dates/info involving the Elvis family when searching the Moorers home? Perhaps another item that was missing from Bri's apartment but yet to be mentioned? TM's trial can't come soon enough for me! I've always been of the opinion there's a 3rd or maybe even 4th party involved.

Did anyone catch what Truslow said to the judge about his client after the jury went out?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I believe he said he instructed his client not to leave the building

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been thinking, maybe not SM but someone was in Heather's apartment at some stage during the night/early hours in the morning. Bri mentioned several pieces of clothing were missing, Leather Jacket (being one)..I immediately thought of TM wearing that Leather Jacket or a similar Jacket when she met SM at the prison when he was released. (Not saying I think that is Heathers Jacket, but I don't know, for some reason the feeling I'm getting is rather unsettling). Also, didn't LE find a diary or something similar that contained important dates/info involving the Elvis family when searching the Moorers home? Perhaps another item that was missing from Bri's apartment but yet to be mentioned? TM's trial can't come soon enough for me! I've always been of the opinion there's a 3rd or maybe even 4th party involved.
The jacket TM wore that day was long sleeved. The one Heather has on in the FB pic is either a vest or has gray, cotton sleeves, like a sweater. Also, Heather's (in that photo) looks more vinyl than leather.

SM looked upset today, much more so than yesterday.

The jacket TM wore that day was long sleeved. The one Heather has on in the FB pic is either a vest or has gray, cotton sleeves, like a sweater. Also, Heather's (in that photo) looks more vinyl than leather.

Okay, thanks for that info! :D

I googled TM and chose images, in images there was a picture of something TM (I guess it was her FB) wrote regarding the Landing.

She places SM at the Landing that night. <mod snip>

It really confuses me why evidence such as this was not brought forth in this trial. Is it because it can't be proven that this is authentic?

I was thinking about the trail last night. KT in particular, and his lack of defense. Just for the record, and IMO, he is not inept .... he simply had nothing to work with. JMO... Your thoughts?

It really confuses me why evidence such as this was not brought forth in this trial. Is it because it can't be proven that this is authentic?

I ask the same thing. LE could have gotten IP address from FB and if it was TM IP I would think they could link it to at least the house. But Judge might not have let it in. Trying to think of a case where it might have been allowed, coming up empty right now.

I was thinking about the trail last night. KT in particular, and his lack of defense. Just for the record, and IMO, he is not inept .... he simply had nothing to work with. JMO... Your thoughts?

I agree. I do not think he's inept, and I think his behavior during this trial is very typical of defense attorneys (trying to trip up witnesses, throwing shade, etc.). But yes, he had nothing at all to work with, and I hope the jury realizes that! Calling ZERO witnesses and producing ZERO evidence speaks volumes.

Something I don't understand... if they are going to have him throw TM under the bus, why have him flaunting a wedding ring? I know that in itself doesn't make him guilty, but it doesn't make him look good either. "Look, I'm a happily married man! Couldn't have done it. My wife did though. But look at me, happily married innocent man."

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

The testimony about Longbeards was very interesting. I am just guessing that SM and HE had used that area to meet up before on other occasions and she knew where to go. Below are maps that show Longbeards and it is more remote than it looks. There are swamps nearby and wooded areas.

Including a map view of the satellite view that shows the remoteness. Water and woods everywhere.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/5...ffd9dfb78f9f68!8m2!3d33.7531363!4d-78.8619234

https://www.google.com/maps/place/5...ffd9dfb78f9f68!8m2!3d33.7531363!4d-78.8619234

Completely agree. The prosecution did a good job of cutting off all "avenues of escape" and left him with no defense. He did about all he could.

The Moorers (sans TM) are back in the courtroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member