MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer on trial for the kidnapping of Heather Elvis #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wow....the prosecution should file inappropriate behavior on the judge...investigation needed

No wonder no charges were filed against 'certain' people in breaching the gag order...

Something smells worse then fishy...JMO

Right? But I guess this Judge was put on the case for a reason.

If you recall, the previous Judge was accused (by the M's) of being biased in favor of the Elvis family and LE.

This Judge's pendulum swung so far left it broke the rod, my opinion only.

I was only vaguely familiar with Heather's case before I began listening to SM's trial this week. By trial day 2, I was fairly convinced the State had shown that SM was on a mission to set up a meeting with Heather in the early morning hours. The defense did little to dispel SM's behavior that night. Behavior that was caught on video, including his truck, in text/IM's/calls on his phone and it had nothing to do with his job. But, it was Bri's testimony that sealed it for me today. Bri let us see Heather as a vulnerable 20 year old who fell in love with the wrong guy. Bri told us that SM called Heather that night to say he's leaving his wife. He used a payphone. Heather's cellphone then moves on GPS, finally ending at Peachtree Landing where her car was later found. Heather is gone. It's enough for me. I hope it's enough for this jury.

IDK Maybe it's just me but I feel like there was an odd atmosphere in that courtroom. The judge schooling the attorneys in court, especially NL (don't they usually do that at sidebar?). The defense seemed so unprepared yet they acted arrogant and dismissive, then rolled the dice by not presenting a defense at all. Even their attempt to throw TM under the bus was lackluster. Are they really that confident? The defense's closing argument sounded more like a guilt trip laid on the jury ..'you're either with justice or against it.' I don't mean to make generalizations but the 'good old boy' thing. This is what worries me. I'm keeping the faith though. Justice for Heather!

This is all just MHO..

I wonder if they're anticipating a forthcoming verdict. Why would a defendant want to hang in the courtroom?

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 1m1 minute ago
#MoorerTrial - I have NEVER seen a judge shake the hand of a defendant once the jury went back to deliberate. WTH?!!

attachment.php
I dont recall ever seeing it either but I guess the judge was saying something along the lines of "thank you for remaining respecful w no outburst and displaying limited eye rolls, etc. Just a guess.

Unless there's some violation of the oath or flagrant disregard for the court's instruction's, juries have to work out their own problems. Our judge told us he's heard jury fights and yelling and slamming and throwing things and embittered exchanges, etc., but the jury room is the domain of the jurors, so what happens there pretty much stays there. There's a verdict in the end or not.

But if he admits that his bias is playing a role in his vote, that's clearly a violation of the oath because he was allowed on the jury in the first place because he promised the judge he would not be biased because of his and KT's friendship.

I was only vaguely familiar with Heather's case before I began listening to SM's trial this week. By trial day 2, I was fairly convinced the State had shown that SM was on a mission to set up a meeting with Heather in the early morning hours. The defense did little to dispel SM's behavior that night. Behavior that was caught on video, including his truck, in text/IM's/calls on his phone and it had nothing to do with his job. But, it was Bri's testimony that sealed it for me today. Bri let us see Heather as a vulnerable 20 year old who fell in love with the wrong guy. Bri told us that SM called Heather that night, using a payphone, to say he's leaving his wife. Heather's cellphone then moves on GPS, finally ending at Peachtree Landing where her car was later found. Heather is gone. It's enough for me. I hope it's enough for this jury.

IDK Maybe it's just me but I feel like there was an odd atmosphere in that courtroom. The judge schooling the attorneys in court, especially NL (don't they usually do that at sidebar?). The defense seemed so unprepared yet they acted arrogant and dismissive, then rolled the dice by not presenting a defense at all. Even their attempt to throw TM under the bus was lackluster. Are they really that confident? The defense's closing argument sounded more like a guilt trip laid on the jury ..'you're either with justice or against it.' I don't mean to make generalizations but the 'good old boy' thing. This is what worries me. I'm keeping the faith though. Justice for Heather!

This is all just MHO..

I think I speak for all of us when I say we really appreciate your perspective as someone only "vaguely familiar" (your words) with this case before the trial. Thank you for your feedback :).

I've seen the defendant in the courtroom after the jury began deliberating once. That defendant signed a plea bargain.

Wonder how TM is holding up in there in that courtroom without a drink.

But if he admits that his bias is playing a role in his vote, that's clearly a violation of the oath because he was allowed on the jury in the first place because he promised the judge he would not be biased because of his and KT's friendship.

I can't imagine that he would come this far and then decide he can't perform his duties. Or, if he did, I don't think it's a violation as much as he didn't know himself as well as he thought.

After going through jury selection and seeing what it takes to be dismissed ( I thought I would have been), I think the system is designed to prevent derailed verdicts because of conflicts of interest, so he likely passed the sniff test as well as anyone else. But in this case, it seems anything could happen.

I dont recall ever seeing it either but I guess the judge was saying something along the lines of "thank you for remaining respecful w no outburst and displaying limited eye rolls, etc. Just a guess.

My guess is
"Don't worry. Ive got your back"

Just kidding. Sort of. :)

What a day! Where are we watching updates for verdict??

My head is throbbing! I sill think the jurors will quit for the night and return in the morning, but that's just my thought.

Maybe they are feeding them now for incentive.

I still have the stream open and have been watching people come in and out of the courtroom.

http://livestream.com/accounts/7710114/live

Wonder how TM is holding up in there in that courtroom without a drink.
She probably already self-medicated. She's definitely put on some drinkin' pounds since the big house.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

They have evidence that she hated Heather/the mistress. But do they have evidence she was there that night?
SM gave an after court interview live on tv last night 6/22/16 stating TM was with him at Wal Mart when purchasing pregnancy test

Right? But I guess this Judge was put on the case for a reason.

If you recall, the previous Judge was accused (by the M's) of being biased in favor of the Elvis family and LE.

This Judge's pendulum swung so far left it broke the rod, my opinion only.

What is the full name of the judge?

SM gave an after court interview live on tv last night 6/22/16 stating TM was with him at Wal Mart when purchasing pregnancy test

That most certainly does not make it true.

Side note, they all just got up from the court room. I think the jury is going home.

I was only vaguely familiar with Heather's case before I began listening to SM's trial this week. By trial day 2, I was fairly convinced the State had shown that SM was on a mission to set up a meeting with Heather in the early morning hours. The defense did little to dispel SM's behavior that night. Behavior that was caught on video, including his truck, in text/IM's/calls on his phone and it had nothing to do with his job. But, it was Bri's testimony that sealed it for me today. Bri let us see Heather as a vulnerable 20 year old who fell in love with the wrong guy. Bri told us that SM called Heather that night to say he's leaving his wife. He used a payphone. Heather's cellphone then moves on GPS, finally ending at Peachtree Landing where her car was later found. Heather is gone. It's enough for me. I hope it's enough for this jury.

This is all just MHO..

Thank you for this. Heather's case is what brought me to Webslueths and I've been overloaded with it since the beginning. I've wondered how this would trial would appear to someone not so familiar with it. This gives me hope that the jury will see through the courtroom antics and find him guilty. In my heart of hearts I think the Sidney and Tammy Moorer are guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yappychappy