MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer on trial for the kidnapping of Heather Elvis #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who knows what spies both SM and TM had working with HE at Kilt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, the lie was that she actually WAS going to meet him that night. She had no intention of sleeping on it.

So, Heather wasn't exactly honest with Bri about her intentions. What else was she not honest about during that conversation.

I wonder if the black outfit that Bri said is missing is the same outfit she wore on the date.

It's not a fluke that Dec 18 data was gone. It was done purposefully. You can do research on the Interwebs to find out the inner workings of the SYNC module. It is possible since it was done.

You might be an average vehicle owner but I bet you don't work on your vehicles or read the manuals about the tech. Sid likely would have since he purchased this vehicle. And Sid had reason to want to know this since he was out and about and did not want his activities of Dec 18th known.

Do you get into the inner workings of your computer? Most 'average' users don't. But computer enthusiasts do and there is PLENTY of info available online how to do various things. I utilize some of those resources for my computer. Well, the SYNC capability on a Ford vehicle is just another little computer of sorts. It has hardware, it runs software. The module itself can be removed and replaced. One could physically remove that piece of hardware (like for a day) and then put it back on. HOW this is done I don't know, but I know it can be easily done. Everything is "plug 'n play."

Maybe it's as simple as removing the fuse that sends electricity to the sync module and then replacing it after the deed has been accomplished. I'm still catching up on posts so this idea may have been thrown out there (and maybe discarded lol) further on in the thread.

I wonder if the black outfit that Bri said is missing is the same outfit she wore on the date.

If I remember correctly, she wore a light outfit on the date.

The following are my opinions on this case (unpopular or not):

As others have already said, I think this case is much less convoluted than it may seem. I don’t think HE was pregnant, I think that was a theory presented by the prosecution which they felt would be more likely to result in a guilty verdict for the M’s. I do think SM and TM are both equally culpable in this case. Read on… :please: :moo:

Is it possible that SM did want to leave TM? IMO, SM and TM’s relationship was unequal, abusive, and irrational. I think a lot of arguing had been going on in the M household and things finally came to a head. Maybe SM finally got brave and decided to leave TM that night, but TM responded with the “I think I might be pregnant/missed my period” card in an attempt to keep him. SM probably agreed to get a pregnancy test for TM that late at night, not only to squash that claim, but also so he’d be able to leave to house and have a chance to call HE. SM probably feared being followed and the imminent justice of TM if he didn’t go get the pregnancy test right away. I don’t think the cigar was celebratory but more for stress relief? We have no knowledge as to whether or not he smoked regularly but I know many men who smoke cigars the way people smoke cigarettes.

I think HE and SM did care about each other and, in the months leading up to HE’s disappearance, began communicating again in a manner they felt TM wouldn’t be able to track ever since the affair had “blown up” and become not-so-inconspicuous. Maybe a valid reason for the pay phone calls that night? They may have used Snapchat as well. SM probably did not want to use his phone as much since he knew it was being tracked by TM, or maybe TM took it from him completely.

According to BW, HE had stated that she was going to “sleep on it” with regard to seeing SM that night. However, I think SM made this seem like a desperate situation to HE and asked for her help in leaving TM. Maybe they met at LB’s earlier in the night and then HE agreed to wait for SM at PTL so he could get some things from his house. Shortly after, I think TM caught up to HE or HE and SM somehow and SM ended up siding with his wife. It seems like HE felt SM was a “pushover” with his wife, maybe HE tried to stand up to TM for SM?

I don’t think BW was fully aware of all of the happenings in SM and HE’s relationship because HE was probably ashamed since she knew BW and many others didn’t approve. I also feel that SM cared about HE on a spectrum. He cared for HE enough to leave TM to be with her, but not enough to fess up to participating in her disappearance after the fact. Maybe TM even threatened SM with his children, framing him, and who knows what else? These types of abusive and controlling relationships can be unbelievable.

All IMO, I don’t know how all of this fits with the timeline but at some point when I have more time, I’ll type something up. Again, let me say I do NOT feel that SM is innocent or less responsible in this.

Thanks for any input; I have really enjoyed reading everyone’s theories and opinions on this case over the years. Keep on sleuthing. :loveyou:

I'm not convinced SM told Heather he was leaving his wife and wanted to be with her. There are reasons why she may have made that up.

Possible. But I can't think of any. (I'm not arguing)

As others have already said, I think this case is much less convoluted than it may seem. I don’t think HE was pregnant, I think that was a theory presented by the prosecution which they felt would be more likely to result in a guilty verdict for the M’s. I do think SM and TM are both equally culpable in this case. Read on… :please: :moo:

Is it possible that SM did want to leave TM? IMO, SM and TM’s relationship was unequal, abusive, and irrational. I think a lot of arguing had been going on in the M household and things finally came to a head. Maybe SM finally got brave and decided to leave TM that night, but TM responded with the “I think I might be pregnant/missed my period” card in an attempt to keep him. SM probably agreed to get a pregnancy test for TM that late at night, not only to squash that claim, but also so he’d be able to leave to house and have a chance to call HE. SM probably feared being followed and the imminent justice of TM if he didn’t go get the pregnancy test right away. I don’t think the cigar was celebratory but more for stress relief? We have no knowledge as to whether or not he smoked regularly but I know many men who smoke cigars the way people smoke cigarettes.

I think HE and SM did care about each other and, in the months leading up to HE’s disappearance, began communicating again in a manner they felt TM wouldn’t be able to track ever since the affair had “blown up” and become not-so-inconspicuous. Maybe a valid reason for the pay phone calls that night? They may have used Snapchat as well. SM probably did not want to use his phone as much since he knew it was being tracked by TM, or maybe TM took it from him completely.

According to BW, HE had stated that she was going to “sleep on it” with regard to seeing SM that night. However, I think SM made this seem like a desperate situation to HE and asked for her help in leaving TM. Maybe they met at LB’s earlier in the night and then HE agreed to wait for SM at PTL so he could get some things from his house. Shortly after, I think TM caught up to HE or HE and SM somehow and SM ended up siding with his wife. It seems like HE felt SM was a “pushover” with his wife, maybe HE tried to stand up to TM for SM?

I don’t think BW was fully aware of all of the happenings in SM and HE’s relationship because HE was probably ashamed since she knew BW and many others didn’t approve. I also feel that SM cared about HE on a spectrum. He cared for HE enough to leave TM to be with her, but not enough to fess up to participating in her disappearance after the fact. Maybe TM even threatened SM with his children, framing him, and who knows what else? These types of abusive and controlling relationships can be unbelievable.

All IMO, I don’t know how all of this fits with the timeline but at some point when I have more time, I’ll type something up. Again, let me say I do NOT feel that SM is innocent or less responsible in this.

Thanks for any input; I have really enjoyed reading everyone’s theories and opinions on this case over the years. Keep on sleuthing. :loveyou:

Interesting theory. And maybe the cigar was just a manly thing to buy to alleviate discomfort over buying the pregnancy test? Kinda like a man would buy a six pack and some ribs if sent to the store to buy tampons for his wife!

These are great points. Maybe he did intend to leave that night, went home to retrieve some things and TM did threaten him or the kids. This could be why she turned the phone on to check and see if SM and Heather had been talking.

These are great points. Maybe he did intend to leave that night, went home to retrieve some things and TM did threaten him or the kids. This could be why she turned the phone on to check and see if SM and Heather had been talking.

If I'm trying to call your powered-off cell phone, will it show up on either of our records?

SM and TM are definitely not criminal masterminds. She doesn't even have the good judgment not to post derogatory things about a victim on social media. Psychopathic and very lucky (up to this point) maybe, not a mastermind. :moo:

If I'm trying to call your powered-off cell phone, will it show up on either of our records?

This is a great question. I would think that would show up on the phone records of the person making the call but not the records of the person with his/her phone powered off.

Recall Bri saying she had his number blocked too, so if he called her what would have happened?

Long time lurker here, but I just wanted to make a comment on the statement that I bolded above. It was testified by BW that HE not had any contact with SM and was finally moving on with her life..dating and starting to be happier.

Could HE have lied about having contact with Sidney because she knew BW would not approve? Possibly.
But if she did, why the call to BW the night of the disappearance saying that SM was back into contact with her now that she's just started moving on? Why the tears if they had been in secret contact all this time?

I used to think that SM was truly in love with HE, but that he was just too controlled and fearful of TM to continue to act on it and was just kind of "caught up" in TM scheme to rid herself of her younger and more attractive rival once and for all. But I don't think that anymore.

I think that at one point SM and HE were hot for each other. Here he is-middle age-and here is a pretty, YOUNG HE hitting on him. Like every young girl, I think HE caught serious feelings for SM and, while SM liked the benefits of HE's attention..he knew that TM was not going to let him get away easily.

I think between October-December that there was a cooling off period for HE and SM relationship and, while Heather was probably hurting and sad-she was trying to move on.

TM, IMO, could not get her younger rival out of her mind during this period. I would almost bet that every time that TM closed her eyes she could she SM and HE tangled up together in the backseat of HE car or in SM truck or whatever. I don't think it was so much jealousy that SM was tom-catting around behind her back but that he chose someone to whom TM could not in any way compare to.

HE may have tried to contact SM about the believed pregnancy and that was the final straw that broke TM's camels metaphorical back. She then schemed with SM who had to play along with her lest it look like he is pining for his ex-lover and that the two of them worked together to once and for all dispose of TM rival.

That is why HE was so upset when SM called her up out of the blue the night of her disappearance. She had truly cared for SM, but had put the pieces of her life back together and was finally starting to move on. Then he calls and tells her he loves her and is leaving his wife for her (all things that HE had probably been waiting to hear when they were together) and it's like SM took a sledge hammer to all those pieces of her life that she had just put together.

It's too bad that it was all lies on SM part-with a major assist from his wife.

Of course this is all just MOO.

Just showing what type of "cigar" was being purchased. It's in the details (as it should be in a case such as this IMO)!

If I was an "expecting father", I certainly wouldn't purchase a "real" cigar from Wal-Mart.

SLED Agent said that SM purchased a "cigar-like cigarette". Whatever that is.

A pregnancy test - $0.88
LTL Cigar - $3.63
SUBTOTAL: $4.51
TAX: $0.41
TOTAL: $4.92

Most Google searches for LTL points to Swisher brand and a few other brands with a quick search. (aka little cigars).

13:41 - https://youtu.be/HqMQmSul1j4?list=PLR2JAGZzf3U29fLzrfr5Wi6WCGE48Nqel
Also, not saying the "cigar" purchase was not a cigar, but screen-cap really looks like a pack of Marlboro Reds or newer 72's to me. :thinking:

de9nxd.jpg

Swisher Sweets!

3ba408ca056f39655920f90e5fc4e5bd.jpg

That def implies they were purchased for marijuana use. IMO

ETA: The time lapse between the purchase at Walmart and the phone call might have been used to roll the blunt and smoke it (or part of it). Maybe to ease his nerves about calling and setting things in motion?

Madeleine, there are other circumstances and testimony in this case that need to be considered. For me, it is not as simple as you make it out to be. Did you watch the trial?

Yes I watched the trial each evening as the parts were posted on YouTube.

I believed each witness as I saw them testify. I took what they said at face value. The defense did not successfully impeach any testimony that I saw, nor did they present any witnesses of their own.

The thing that is simple to me is based on the instructions given by the judge, the law, and the evidence *I* saw, I can say I was convinced BARD that SM did in fact lure H.E. out that night and that if not for SM luring her out, she would not have ended up missing, her vehicle would not have ended up at PTL.

She was wearing a black and white patterned blouse and a grey skirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper