MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer on trial for the kidnapping of Heather Elvis - June 22, 2016 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm also a little shocked that all those texts weren't marked as deleted to be honest. I mean no matter what "zoning" business name he had her under wouldn't he delete them anyway?

Either forgot or didn't think anyone would figure it out.

Wait. Remember in the beginning of this case, we were told HE's phone showed activity until about 6 AM? And then they backpeddled and said 3:42 AM? I wonder if we're going to hear about more phone data recovered tomorrow. The officer talking about the orange juice and popsicle IMs said something like, "Those aren't what I worked on. Another officer will talk about those." Did anyone else catch that exchange before they shut down this line of questioning?

Looks like phone data shows they did drive to California after all. Must have been a fun family trip...

Jumping back in now that I'm home, it was theorized way back when that this is when they began to plan the demise of HE. Now I'm starting to believe this could be a possibility. They turned off the phone location when they got back near home & it had constantly been on prior to that. Another thing I want to know is what their search history was, maybe nothing of importance but I would also like to know what his messages were AFTER Dec 18th. Jmo

Here is the testimony about SM phone: @ 1 hour
[video=youtube;oe-63M_pAwg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe-63M_pAwg[/video]

The bus rolled around 1:55.00

Wait. Remember in the beginning of this case, we were told HE's phone showed activity until about 6 AM? And then they backpeddled and said 3:42 AM? I wonder if we're going to hear about more phone data recovered tomorrow. The officer talking about the orange juice and popsicle IMs said something like, "Those aren't what I worked on. Another officer will talk about those." Did anyone else catch that exchange before they shut down this line of questioning?

I didn't catch it, only heard it here.

i guess now I will assume SM entered HE into his phone as a contact using fake alias of DJ maybe so TM wouldnt grow suspicious if she saw a call from a DJ. You know the games philanderers play :facepalm:

That's why I think he was all a doo dah with steam coming out of his ears at the end of trial today. Something outed him for sure. Philanderers are philanderers are philanderers, they lie, lie, lie. Then become angry when they are exposed. mo

i guess now I will assume SM entered HE into his phone as a contact using fake alias of DJ maybe so TM wouldnt grow suspicious if she saw a call from a DJ. You know the games philanderers play :facepalm:

She was NMB Zoning, not DJ.

They said later it was a roundabout time, or something to that effect. I think they just didn't want to give up the last known activity time to the public at that point. Testimony so far has confirmed that her phone did nothing after 3:41. But there may be other previous exchanges we simply haven't heard about yet, or, the M's and friends were busy chatting and texting. Would be wild if there's some sort of reference to her death, however veiled.

I guess it was pretty surprising to get a text from NMBZoning in the middle of the night :shame:....how can TM ever trust him? It's obvious this isn't his first rodeo.

If he stays out of jail, probably won't be his last.

Yeah, I think this lends more to the idea that he was home. I hate to admit it because it makes me sound super lazy, but sometimes if I'm in my room and my husband is in the living room (closer to the kitchen) I'll text him and ask him to bring me something. And vice versa.

What would one need popsicles and orange juice at 4:30 a.m., though? That's not only odd in itself, but an odd combination.

I hate to say it, really hate to, but that too makes it look like a more nonchalant kind of evening/morning. Popsicles, orange juice, and murder all within an hour? Idk, really odd!

BBM:

I make my own popsicles, and my favorite is orange juice popsicles and/or orange juice slushie.

Okie dokie, back to your regular scheduled program.

I think the time confusion is because time on the official phone company records is set to GMT. That represents when days officially begin and end on Earth. Time must be added or subtracted from GMT depending upon the time zone.

So I've been looking at the timeline and thinking about the phone calls. This may have been mentioned earlier...why would HE suddenly start calling SM's cell after calling the pay phone all those other times? Sadly, I now really think something happened to her at Longbeards in that 30 min time frame. Then it's TM and SM communicating after that- making the plan of what time to meet at PTL to get a ride home in the black truck. Phone could have been at home until it was turned on around 3am. Following that theory, the car was left at PTL which would lead police in the wrong direction. No one would have any idea to check the dumpsters at Longbeards until long after that dumpster would be gone. They knew there would be no body to find and thought there would be no conviction without a body. They didn't think about a kidnapping charge.

So I've been looking at the timeline and thinking about the phone calls. This may have been mentioned earlier...why would HE suddenly start calling SM's cell after calling the pay phone all those other times? Sadly, I now really think something happened to her at Longbeards in that 30 min time frame. Then it's TM and SM communicating after that- making the plan of what time to meet at PTL to get a ride home in the black truck. Phone could have been at home until it was turned on around 3am. Following that theory, the car was left at PTL which would lead police in the wrong direction. No one would have any idea to check the dumpsters at Longbeards until long after that dumpster would be gone. They knew there would be no body to find and thought there would be no conviction without a body. They didn't think about a kidnapping charge.
I could get more on board with this theory if her phone hadn't gone back to her home after Longbeards and before PTL

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I think the time confusion is because time on the official phone company records is set to GMT. That represents when days officially begin and end on Earth. Time must be added or subtracted from GMT depending upon the time zone.

I don't think there was confusion. TE and LE quickly saw the online record and the last activity was 3:41. If there was a GMT time stamp in records obtained later via subpoena, the discrepancy would have made sense to LE.

Someone upthread suggested Heather may not have known she was calling a pay phone.

She might've thought she was calling SM's new cell number, and then called his old one again when he didn't answer.

Seems like a reasonable possibility, IMO.

ETA: Er, no, wait. What would show up her screen when he called from the pay phone? Pay phone? The name of the store? Anything at all?

I could get more on board with this theory if her phone hadn't gone back to her home after Longbeards and before PTL

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I could get on board if HE and her phone went to Longbeards, but her car was still at home. hmmm

Someone upthread suggested Heather may not have known she was calling a pay phone.

She might've thought she was calling SM's new cell number, and then called his old one again when he didn't answer.

Seems like a reasonable possibility, IMO.

Great thoughts. Doubtful a 20 year old knows much about pay phones, it likely wouldn't have even entered her mind that she was calling one.

I think I've figured it out. During the 45 mins between Bri's call and leaving the apt, SM dropped off the pregnancy test, Heather did the test and rushed to meet SM with the results. She is to meet SM at Longbeards (calling the pay phone because she didn't know it wasn't a good number) and both of them were there and killed her. Then one drove her car home to pick something up or to check something out ( her phone was still in the car), and the other drove the truck home to retrieve SM's phone. His phone was turned on at 3am and that's the phone they used from this point on. The call from the PTL to SM's phone was a Moorer calling for the pick up. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that they put her body in the dumpster. Her SIM card could very well be in another phone right now, just like KT alluded today.

Spent the most part of today going between threads and still watching what I can of the trial I missed. Watching today leads me to think they took notes from CMA's trial. Casting doubt by throwing GA & LA under the bus helped CMA get off. Maybe that's what's happening here. Maybe it'll happen in TM's trial too, if she has one. It wouldn't surprise me if she knew all about it since the beginning. Not that she was thrown under the bus but the Defense sure was doing it's job by trying to steer the focus from SM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member