MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer on trial for the kidnapping of Heather Elvis - June 22, 2016 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the issue with the pay phone is she knew it wasn't his cell and he must have had a story about where he was so she thought she was calling that location. Since she ended up at Longbeard's, she was most likely told he was there or she was guessing based on history.

Great thoughts. Doubtful a 20 year old knows much about pay phones, it likely wouldn't have even entered her mind that she was calling one.

Well, I've amended that already, haha. I have no idea whatsoever.

Some things are becoming more clear, so that at least is good news.

I think I've figured it out. During the 45 mins between Bri's call and leaving the apt, SM dropped off the pregnancy test, Heather did the test and rushed to meet SM with the results. She is to meet SM at Longbeards (calling the pay phone because she didn't know it wasn't a good number) and both of them were there and killed her. Then one drove her car home to pick something up or to check something out ( her phone was still in the car), and the other drove the truck home to retrieve SM's phone. His phone was turned on at 3am and that's the phone they used from this point on. The call from the PTL to SM's phone was a Moorer calling for the pick up. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that they put her body in the dumpster. Her SIM card could very well be in another phone right now, just like KT alluded today.

Assuming this scenario is correct, maybe they returned to her apartment to get rid of the pregnancy test packaging?

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

The last one with the big red circle hurts my heart.

I could get more on board with this theory if her phone hadn't gone back to her home after Longbeards and before PTL

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Ok, originally they were going to take her car back to her apt, TM and SM are talking on the phone, decide to leave the car at PTL instead. That would explain the phone back at her apt, but not inside her apt.

I have to admit, there is still a part of me that wonders if he was leaving TM and she found out and ambushed them. I'm sure that's me just being naive at this point though.

Assuming this scenario is correct, maybe they returned to her apartment to get rid of the pregnancy test packaging?

That's what I'm thinking, her phone was in the parking lot and didn't go into the house. As desperate as she was to reach SM she wouldn't have been without it.

I think I've figured it out. During the 45 mins between Bri's call and leaving the apt, SM dropped off the pregnancy test, Heather did the test and rushed to meet SM with the results. She is to meet SM at Longbeards (calling the pay phone because she didn't know it wasn't a good number) and both of them were there and killed her. Then one drove her car home to pick something up or to check something out ( her phone was still in the car), and the other drove the truck home to retrieve SM's phone. His phone was turned on at 3am and that's the phone they used from this point on. The call from the PTL to SM's phone was a Moorer calling for the pick up. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that they put her body in the dumpster. Her SIM card could very well be in another phone right now, just like KT alluded today.

I'm having difficulty trying to understand why Sidney would buy and take a pregnancy test to Heather. She was capable of buying one herself. Unless he thought she was lying about being pregnant and wanted her to prove it. Otherwise, I'm not making the connection.If Sid or Tammy drove her car anywhere, I don't understand why they left it at PTL. Of all the places to leave it, why pick a location so close to their home.

I hope the jurors are focusing on 2 things tonight.

Late night excursion to buy a pregnancy test and surreptitiously making a call from a "they still exist?" pay phone not long after. Impossible for me to reconcile those 2 things and him not being involved in HE's disappearance.

Will be interesting to see what tomorrow brings.

So I've been looking at the timeline and thinking about the phone calls. This may have been mentioned earlier...why would HE suddenly start calling SM's cell after calling the pay phone all those other times? Sadly, I now really think something happened to her at Longbeards in that 30 min time frame. Then it's TM and SM communicating after that- making the plan of what time to meet at PTL to get a ride home in the black truck. Phone could have been at home until it was turned on around 3am. Following that theory, the car was left at PTL which would lead police in the wrong direction. No one would have any idea to check the dumpsters at Longbeards until long after that dumpster would be gone. They knew there would be no body to find and thought there would be no conviction without a body. They didn't think about a kidnapping charge.

I always thought that her body would be in a dump somewhere. That is a very easy way to dispose of a body. Those 2 were busy doing all kinds of stuff that night and the day after. I think that they are both guilty. I wonder how Sid knew about her new date that night. Maybe he was so jealous that he just couldn`t handle it anymore.

I'm more confused now then I was in Dec 2013. I feel like if I had time to put all of it out in front of me, I could narrow it down to 2 very likely scenarios. That jury has a lot of work to do during deliberations, IMO. They will have to go back and form a timeline and then discuss and get all 12 to agree. Fingers crossed most of them start out on the same side.

Jmo

I'm having difficulty trying to understand why Sidney would buy and take a pregnancy test to Heather. She was capable of buying one herself. Unless he thought she was lying about being pregnant and wanted her to prove it. Otherwise, I'm not making the connection.If Sid or Tammy drove her car anywhere, I don't understand why they left it at PTL. Of all the places to leave it, why pick a location so close to their home.

She could have told him that the test she took failed and used that as a hook to get his attention.

image.jpg

This was at LongBeard. There are lots of woods behind there too. Long ago people mentioned that Forrest being huge and bad things happening there. If she was killed there maybe they didn't even use the dumpster :(

Anyone have a new working theory?

:(

IMO

Someone upthread suggested Heather may not have known she was calling a pay phone.

She might've thought she was calling SM's new cell number, and then called his old one again when he didn't answer.

Seems like a reasonable possibility, IMO.

ETA: Er, no, wait. What would show up her screen when he called from the pay phone? Pay phone? The name of the store? Anything at all?
Probably private or restricted?

Great thoughts. Doubtful a 20 year old knows much about pay phones, it likely wouldn't have even entered her mind that she was calling one.
4 plus minutes is a long pay phone call though. I wonder if he was promoted to put more money in.

I would think it could only be because he thought she was not being truthful.

I don't know about PTL. It's just never made sense to me because to the extent that it was too close to their home, it was a distance for her at that hour and so desolate. I also can't figure out how a pregnancy test fits into the PTL scenario.

I've always thought there was more movement that morning than was apparent, and now we know there was, but there are definitely some pieces that don't fit.

I just don't see pregnancy tests and boat landings coming together.

She could have told him that the test she took failed and used that as a hook to get his attention.

Prior to this, she did take a test that came back "error".

Do we know if that area behind longbeards was ever searched by LE or by the cue center?i can only assume that LE did a nice quiet search back there since they knew this info?

View attachment 97119

This was at LongBeard. There are lots of woods behind there too. Long ago people mentioned that Forrest being huge and bad things happening there. If she was killed there maybe they didn't even use the dumpster :(

Anyone have a new working theory?

:(

IMO

Are those the pay phone calls? Weren't there 9?

I'm more confused now then I was in Dec 2013. I feel like if I had time to put all of it out in front of me, I could narrow it down to 2 very likely scenarios. That jury has a lot of work to do during deliberations, IMO. They will have to go back and form a timeline and then discuss and get all 12 to agree. Fingers crossed most of them start out on the same side.

Jmo
I think the state is doing a good job laying out a detailed timeline for the jury and I'm sure, during closing arguments, they'll bring it all together and explain it.

The jury doesn't have to do anything but pay attention and listen with an open mind. They are told overAndover not to discuss or form opinions about the case until such time as they are in deliberations. The jury is not required to figure out all the pieces of what happened or what might have happened. Their only job is to determine if the state met its burden in proving the charges beyond a reasonable doubt. Circumstantial cases always have some missing pieces, that's just the nature of them. However, with enough pieces the picture emerges and even with missing pieces the image can be clearly discerned.

It seems that the pregnancy test result was very important to SM to go through the effort of purchasing it at an unusual time of night. SM would want to be present when the test was taken so he could see the results for himself. I think they met at the designated location. HE took the test. SM didn't like the result and killed her. I'm not sure of TM's role but believe she was complicit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BUKANAS