MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer on trial for the kidnapping of Heather Elvis - June 22, 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes his phone. It was off until 3 am. They didn't ask about the 17th or when it was powered down, but they definitely said the phone was not on the 18th until 3 am

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought the guy testifying about SM's phone said it was turned off on their way back from Calif. and not turned on until 3:01 a.m. on Dec. 18th, did I misunderstand?

Any youtube links for today's testimony?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

If there's one thing I'm now certain of: HE's death was not an accident or an oops. SM & TM are cold calculated murderers.

But this trial is for kidnapping. What do they have that will show kidnapping? I expect lots more info tomorrow.

I thought the guy testifying about SM's phone said it was turned off on their way back from Calif. and not turned on until 3:01 a.m. on Dec. 18th, did I misunderstand?

I believe he said he was using photo metadata for the locations the phone traveled to and there weren't any more once they got back from the trip.

I may have missed when it was powered down though.

I may go back and watch again if I can't sleep tonight.

I thought he said the location service was turned off, not the phone?

Deleted texts that were in the user dictionary. Specific words are showing up as having been used, only used once. Oh this is good. WHEN can we hear what the words are???

SM had his location setting turned on. When photos were taken, it's embedded into the pictures. Powering events show when phone was turned on and off. When phone is off no location data is given. SM phone was powered on:

Dec 18, 2013 at 3:02 am ( it shows the phone had been powered off and had been turned back on) No way to know where his phone was located prior to this. He doesn't know the last time the phone was in use before this event.

He collected location data on the phone from the photos. The phone was in Horry County btwn Nov and Dec as well as out of town

Nov 5-11 in the county (in SC)
Nov 23 West of Albuquerque, NM
Nov 24-27 Las Vegas
Nov 29 in California
Nov 29 through 12-6 in California
then the phone starts to come back East on Dec 6
Dec 10-11 in Atlanta, no location available after Dec 11, 2013.

He got a vm on Dec 18 with no audio or way of knowing what number it came from.

Heather's number was added as a contact: Zoning NMB

Bumping

I believe he said he was using photo metadata for the locations the phone traveled to and there weren't any more once they got back from the trip.

I may have missed when it was powered down though.

I may go back and watch again if I can't sleep tonight.

If I recall right, they don't know when it was powered down.

His findings:
1:35am incoming call (payphone) 298 seconds
3 outgoing calls
1:44 am (to Bri) 132 seconds
2:29 am (to payphone) 12 seconds -says that if someone answered it would have been short call
2:30:15 am (to payphone) 4.8 seconds
2:32 am to 2:41am phone is in motion

2:32:57 am Outgoing Call (to payphone) 13.8 seconds

2:42:14 am -2:26 am phone is located at Long Beard's Restaurant (N, NE corner of parking lot by the dumpster) 14 minutes at location- made 4 outgoing calls.
2:43 am Outgoing to (payphone) 7.2 seconds
2:43:36 amOutgoing (to payphone) 7 something
2:45 am (outgoing to payphone) .2 seconds
2:51 am (outgoing to payphone) 4.8 seconds
I'll edit this post as I go along.

Then the phone left restaurant to Augusta Plantation ??? (okay so verified on cross exam, phone in motion, turned around and went back towards restaurant)
2:57-3:01:57 am No call activity during this time, phone only in motion. (This is what I edited)

3:01-3:15 am phone was located at her apartment
3:04 am Outgoing Call (to payphone) 1.8seconds
3:05 am Outgoing Call (to payphone)

3:16 am Phone in motion to apt
2 Outgoing calls
3:16 am (to SM cell) 7.8 seconds
3:17am (to SM cell) 249 seconds- 4 mins 9 seconds

Phone was in parking lot 3:20 am -3:24am Phone was NOT in motion, located at apartment parking lot while on phone with SM cell.

3:25-3:35 am Phone moved from Apt complex to PTL (no calls while in motion)
3:37 am Phone located at PTL

4 outgoing calls to SM while phone at PTL
3:38:14 am (1.8 seconds)
3:39:00 am (1.8 seconds)
3:39:46 am (1.8 seconds)
3:41:05 am (1.8 seconds)

3:42:27 am No further incoming or outgoing calls. No further location coordinates obtained. Phone may have been obstructed?

Blue and BBM

Having a hard time with the amount of time it took Heather to drive to PTL here. Please help me understand.

If Heather moved from her apartment between 3:25-3:35 am and arrived at PTL at 3:37am, that would mean it only took her 2 minutes to drive from White River Drive to PTL??? That means, she would have to be driving 288 MPH.

According to Google Maps, it takes 20 minutes (18 without traffic) to drive from Heather's apartment to PTL.

[Correction to route according to testimony - Google Maps] https://youtu.be/EDANtHK2e2E?t=33m9s est. 17 minute travel time

Working backwards, she would have had to start driving from apartment at approximately 3:19am to arrive at PTL at 3:37am. At 3:19am, she was talking to SM (and her car was not in motion).

So, if she drove to PTL immediately following the conversation with SM at 3:21am and arrived at PTL at 3:37am, Heather would have had to drive an average speed of 36 MPH (which IMO is quite possible).

Then and also... I have an issue with the calls "Heather's phone made" at PTL between 3:38am and 3:41am. WHY would Heather be calling SM incessantly and then all of a sudden stop and that's the last time her phone was used?

So I went back & listened. https://youtu.be/EDANtHK2e2E this is the guy who talks about HE phone movements.

She was at LB for 14 minutes & during that time her phone was moving (while she was there) then she leaves & heads towards Plantation Drive (identified as a housing development ?) and then goes back to LB before going to her apartment. Please go listen, make sure I heard correctly and let's get this accurate, this is important & new to us information. TIA

IMO

This is the phone, no proof HE had the phone.

Ok so here are my notes from the phone activity / travel info revealed today.

1:35 – 1:39 am – incoming call to HE’s phone from payphone; call lasts 298 seconds (4.967 minutes)

1:44 – 1:47 am – outgoing call to Bri from HE; call lasts 132 seconds (2.2 minutes)

Roughly 43 minutes passed between HE hanging up with Bri and the first call from her phone to the payphone @ 2:29 am.

2:29 am – 1st call to payphone (12 seconds)

2:30 am – 2nd call to payphone (4.8 seconds)

What did the expert say about the length of these payphone calls? The times would be shorter if someone had answered the phone?
(IDK if I understood what they were saying.)

2:32 – 2:41 am – HE’s phone begins its trip to Longbeards only two minutes after the second payphone call

2:42 am – the phone is now located in the N/NE corner of Longbeards parking lot where the dumpsters are located and remains there for 14 minutes

2:42 – 2:56 am – 4 calls were made to the payphone during those 14 minutes

1) 2:43 am – 7.2 seconds
2) 2:43:36 am – 7 seconds
3) 2:45 am – .25 seconds
4) 2:51 am – 4.8 seconds

2:57 – 3:01 am – phone is now back in motion (it leaves Longbeards and travels to Augusta Plantation Drive before turning around and traveling back to Longbeards); no call activity during this time

3:01 – 3:15 am – phone is located at Longbeards for another 14 minutes and two additional calls are made to the payphone

1) 3:04 am – 1.8 seconds
2) 3:05 am – length of call unknown (may have missed that info)

3:16 – 3:19 am – phone travels back to HE’s apartment and two calls are made to SM’s cell phone
1) 3:16 am – 7.8 seconds
2) 3:17 am – 249 seconds (4.15 minutes)

3:20 am – phone arrives back to the parking lot of River Oaks Apartments

3:25 – 3:35 am – phone begins its path to PTL from HE’s apartment and no call activity occurs during this time

3:37 am – phone arrives at PTL

3:38 – 3:42 am – 4 outgoing calls are made to SM’s cell phone

1) 3:38:14 am – 1.8 seconds
2) 3:39:00 am – 1.8 seconds
3) 3:39:46 am – 1.8 seconds
4) 3:41:05 am – 1.8 seconds

3:42 am – location coordinates can no longer be obtained and no further calls are made in or out

The thing that stands out the most to me is the 45 minutes between HE’s call to BRI & the first call back to the payphone.

What happened during those 45 minutes?

Distance to HE’s apartment from payphone: 3.5 miles

Distance to Longbeards from HE’s apartment: 3.8 miles

Both are roughly a 5-7 minute drive if obeying speed limits (however, the route to Longbeards is pretty much a straight shot from HE’s and you would not see many drivers on the road in this area---if any at all---during the 3 ‘oclock hour in December).

The calls almost seem to have a pattern to them.
It’s always two or four attempts made each time. I wonder if this was some type of code between SM & TM?

I really wish that payphone had been working when I checked in February. The main reason I stopped was to see if the phone would physically ring if I tried calling it from my cell. If so, it’s possible there was a specific time given to HE to call SM back for some unknown reason (say at 2:30 or 2:45 am, for example.)

My main concern is the 45 minute window. I suspect SM showed up at her apartment w/ the test, she was killed there, and then he met TM and/or someone related to TM at Longbeards while he was in possession of her phone. He possibly left and went back because he forgot to do something or was worried that he had... so he went back to double check. Then he may have gone back to her apartment to run in and grab her keys (forgetting to lock the door on his rush back out) and drove her car to PTL where TM &/or a relative drove his truck to pick him up.

That's my current theory anyway.

ETA: I think the calls to the payphone were made by SM to validate his claims that she wouldn't leave him alone. Like see? Even when I used a payphone to tell her to stop calling, she obviously still kept trying to talk to me by calling whatever number she might reach me on and after that didn't work... she started to call my cell phone.

Maybe SM left the courtroom in a huff because his defense atty advised him that this wasn't going well and they should try for a plea deal...just speculating!

Maybe he was pissed that the judge admonished him and he was not going to be able to run to another news outlet to try his case in the media, like TM wants him to.

ok, how's this:

Nov 19: The M family left on a cross-country driving trip to Disneyland in California
Dec 4/5: Heather moved into the apartment with BW
Dec 11: The M family returned home from their trip to California [SM's cellphone has been off since just prior to returning from cross country driving trip to Disneyland]

HEATHER'S PHONE ACTIVITY, December 18:

1:35am incoming call (payphone) 298 seconds
3 outgoing calls:
1:44 am (to Bri) 132 seconds
2:29 am (to payphone) 12 seconds -says that if someone answered it would have been short call
2:30:15 am (to payphone) 4.8 seconds

2:32 am to 2:41am phone is in motion

2:32:57 am Outgoing Call (to payphone) 13.8 seconds

2:42:14 am -2:56 am phone is located at Long Beard's Restaurant (N, NE corner of parking lot by the dumpster) 14 minutes at location- made 4 outgoing calls:
2:43 am Outgoing to (payphone) 7.2 seconds
2:43:36 am Outgoing (to payphone) 7 something
2:45 am (outgoing to payphone) .2 seconds
2:51 am (outgoing to payphone) 4.8 seconds

2:57-3:01:57 am No call activity during this time, phone only in motion, Long Beard's to HE's Apartment, turned around and went back towards Long Beard's)
~3:00 am SM's phone is turned on. [It has been turned off since just prior to December 11 upon return from Disneyland]

3:01-3:15 am phone was located at her apartment
3:04 am Outgoing Call (to payphone) 1.8seconds
3:05 am Outgoing Call (to payphone)

3:16 am Phone in motion to apt
2 Outgoing calls
3:16 am (to SM cell) 7.8 seconds
3:17am (to SM cell) 249 seconds- 4 mins 9 seconds

Phone was in parking lot 3:20 am -3:24am Phone was NOT in motion, located at apartment parking lot while on phone with SM cell.

3:25-3:35 am Phone moved from Apt complex to PTL (no calls while in motion)
3:37 am Phone located at PTL

4 outgoing calls to SM while phone at PTL
3:38:14 am (1.8 seconds)
3:39:00 am (1.8 seconds)
3:39:46 am (1.8 seconds)
3:41:05 am (1.8 seconds)

3:42:27 am No further incoming or outgoing calls. No further location coordinates obtained. Phone may have been obstructed?

I guess I don't understand why that witness was called. Did I miss something?

Something back in the day was said about they could prove SM and TM were innocent if they pulled the film from the sub station...looking for it ...but this proves no cameras there.

Premeditated. Who gets more time? Can't wait.

Awesome posts today. Thanks.

I remember early on when the passage of time between the Bri call and the other calls came up. I recall discussion on the possibility of her being killed much earlier than the PTL timeline. I continue to believe that's entirely plausible if not likely.

Then and also... I have an issue with the calls "Heather's phone made" at PTL between 3:38am and 3:41am. WHY would Heather be calling SM incessantly and then all of a sudden stop and that's the last time her phone was used?

In either case the black truck with the occupant showed up. No reason to call SM's phone anymore.

Hey Everyone!! Again, thank you all so much for the updates and new timeline!!:loveyou: After everything today, I have to rethink my theory.lol I have tried several different ways to spin this without TM taking part in the kidnapping. It just doesn't work without her,in my mind. It's Heather's phone stopping forever @ PTL. I feel like Heather got in with SM thinking it was only SM but then finding TM in the truck. TM takes her phone and they are outta there. I forgot about her phone when I posted yesterday. There was very little time at PTL and I think SM would need help to take her phone and drive away, unless it wasn't Heather using her phone there. Heather's running around to and from LB has filled in some holes for me though. Things that blow my mind about this judge...1. They were not only granted bond,they were allowed to move to FL. 2. It's no big deal for KT's friend to be on the jury. 3. SM leaves court yesterday, gives an interview and the judge basically called him a naughty lil boy and we'll get to that later. I mean, wth?!

It was almost an hour from the incoming pay phone call to the first call HE made to the pay phone. Then all the calls to the pay phone after that almost seem frantic. Like hitting redial over and over when you can't hit 911. That or someone frantically hitting redial and hollering "who were you talking to????".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper