MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer on trial for the kidnapping of Heather Elvis - June 23, 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the Defense can say anything without testimony and no rebuttal - by calling no witnesses and even make up an alibi. Lazy and dishonest.

Does anyone know what role the girl is doing beside the judge? The blonde girl

I don't think she is a court reporter and not sure what her role is?

I'm actually worried about that. Livesay sounded like a hick. She used "ain't," had horrible annunciation, and was lacking subject/verb agreement quite a bit. It's been my experience that our new northern neighbors tend to think we're all a bunch of idiots down here. I'm just hoping they don't hold that against her.

I understand what you are saying, but I don't think that she sounded like a hick. Her accent was distinct, and she was not extremely well spoken, but she got her point across really well (to me), her language was not confusing and she kept my attention.

I don't think she was given a chance to rebut on closing. Does SC maybe not allow rebuttals of closings?
I think rebuttal only comes in if defense offers new evidence in closing to rebut.

I don't think she was given a chance to rebut on closing. Does SC maybe not allow rebuttals of closings?

Each attorney is allotted X amount of time for closing. Often, when the prosecutor goes first, he/she will use half of the time first, then defense closes, and pros finishes up in rebuttal with remainder of time. Apparently prosecutor already used up all her time.

I understand what you are saying, but I don't think that she sounded like a hick. Her accent was distinct, and she was not extremely well spoken, but she got her point across really well (to me), her language was not confusing and she kept my attention.

I agree. And I'm a northerner.

Let us hope Surfside! Thanks for the positivity. fingers crossed. :)

I'm about 15 minutes behind on my feed darn it. What happened to the rebuttal.

OMGosh! I just realize what the Surfside means! (to me) it's that one stretch of beach where everybody goes windsurfing... one of the best in the United States... it was fabulous when I was there earlier this year and I'm going there next week! Surfside Beach and Charleston here I come!

:wave:

ETA.correction.sail surfing..not windsurfing

Long time lurker here..have followed since Heather went missing. Feeling pretty emotional, it's the first case I've followed through to trial. Can I just say you guys have done an amazing job of keeping us updated through the proceedings, thank you so much! I'm praying for the Elvis family this has to be hard beyond words for them and Justice for Heather! I so hope she gets Justice (not sure how to do the smiley things!)

Each attorney is allotted X amount of time for closing. Often, when the prosecution goes first, he/she will use half of the time first, then defense closes, and pros finishes up in rebuttal with remainder of time. Apparently prosecutor already used up all her time.

Oh, interesting.

So the Defense can say anything without testimony and no rebuttal - by calling no witnesses and even make up an alibi. Lazy and dishonest.

I don't even understand how that can be allowed. How can you spring a new theory of what was happening that night in closing without having proved that earlier?

I think rebuttal only comes in if defense offers new evidence in closing to rebut.

But, he did. He said SM was out working that night. (Not that it was evidence of course, but he did say it).

Does anyone know what role the girl is doing beside the judge? The blonde girl

I don't think she is a court reporter and not sure what her role is?

I've been wondering that since Monday!

Also, I missed almost all of the live stream today but thank you guys for keeping this thread updated. I was able to check in when I could to see what was happening.

Finally watching now though. Got to hear both closing statements and now listening to the judge ramble on and on.

Surprised but not really to see TM there with the kids in tow. Guess they're all there to say goodbye. *fingers crossed*

OMGosh! I just realize what the Surfside means! (to me) it's that one stretch of beach where everybody goes windsurfing... one of the best in the United States... it was fabulous when I was there earlier this year and I'm going there next week! Surfside Beach and Charleston here I come!

:wave:
Haha! Come on down.

I have been in a Juror's seat before. Right about now, some are struggling trying to keep from nodding off.

I think they'll choose to do it tonight!

Let me rephrase, lol. If they do not come to a decision tonight, will they deliberate on a Friday? Many courts are closed on Friday, reason I ask.

State always closes, every trial I have ever been to an husband too. He is retired LE 22 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member