MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 24 June 2016 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wish Heather could be found....

From WMBF News tonight: Jury questionnaires are due back tomorrow (8/15/16). The Judge wants to look them over before he makes a decision whether jurors are picked from Horry County or if jurors from another county need to be brought in.
Now, on WMBF at 11, the story was worded differently and said, 'Judge will read questionnaires and decide if trial is moved to a different county or jurors are brought in from a different county.'

wcbd-moorers.jpg

Final hearing dates for all Pre-Trial Matters that need to be resolved will happen Friday August 19 at 9:00am in the Horry County Justice Center. Attorneys need to provide a witness list to the court Friday, August 26.

http://counton2.com/2016/08/15/sidney-moorers-retrial-scheduled-to-begin-in-august-2/

The question is: what amount of $ are these bonds? For instance, if they are set at $1M, not too many people would be able to make that amount and would thus stay in jail awaiting trial.

The question is: what amount of $ are these bonds? For instance, if they are set at $1M, not too many people would be able to make that amount and would thus stay in jail awaiting trial.

Ambrose Heavener, 31, and Lindsay Honeycutt, 29, were each given surety bonds of $150,000, according to court records.

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/crime/article95899717.html

Ah Circuit Court Judge Larry Hyman. They have no come up with the bond yet.

who else is kind of nervous about the re-trial? I think I feel like if they couldn't convince 12 people the first time around, how will they this time? More evidence presented? I thought the prosecution did a good job - that's just what I am feeling about this case for now ...

who else is kind of nervous about the re-trial? I think I feel like if they couldn't convince 12 people the first time around, how will they this time? More evidence presented? I thought the prosecution did a good job - that's just what I am feeling about this case for now ...

I am, too.

The first jury was a mess. A friend of Sid's attorney was on the jury. From what I understand, there were 2 holdouts on the jury. Gossip says the one hold out was Truslow's friend and another holdout was someone who didn't know that someone can be guilty with the facts as they were so layed out by the prosecution. I though prosecution did an excellent job and the Judge was very tough on them.

I believe if the Judge had gone through the 800 jury questionnaires the first time and took interest in who was being put on the jury rather than trying to put 12 people together as quickly as possible, we wouldn't have had a hung jury.

I fully fault the judge for the first debacle. His insistence on putting on a juror who had a known personal relationship with a defense attorney was unconscionable. Further, his openly hostile behavior towards the female contingent of the state showed he should not be allowed on the bench. There is no place for bigotry, sexism, or bias in the law and to watch his antics right there on a live stream had me frustrated. If I were a citizen of the state of SC I'd be banding together with others to try and get this judge thrown out of his position.

I fully fault the judge for the first debacle. His insistence on putting on a juror who had a known personal relationship with a defense attorney was unconscionable. Further, his openly hostile behavior towards the female contingent of the state showed he should not be allowed on the bench. There is no place for bigotry, sexism, or bias in the law and to watch his antics right there on a live stream had me frustrated. If I were a citizen of the state of SC I'd be banding together with others to try and get this judge thrown out of his position.

... and after the jury verdict, the Judge left his stand and went over to the defendant's table and SHOOK HIS HAND!!! I couldn't believe it!!

The judge should have been written up and removed from this and any future proceedings involving the Moorers.

... and after the jury verdict, the Judge left his stand and went over to the defendant's table and SHOOK HIS HAND!!! I couldn't believe it!!

The judge should have been written up and removed from this and any future proceedings involving the Moorers.

And also how he ignored/rebuffed the note the juror sent to him.

Same judge or different one for retrial? Anyone know?

Sorry if I missed it but has TM's trial been scheduled? I have been getting up to date on this case and its hard to imagine that they haven't been convicted. Is SM locked up or out on bail?

This! ^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member