MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 24 June 2016 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
(Remember when Heather first disappeared, and it was Christmas time, and you said keep going with it? Well, here we are 3 plus years later, Knox, hard to believe....)

Where is Heather? They obviously disposed of her very well.

Well Marg, yes here we are. Just like so many other cases close to our hearts. But this one I crave justice for. Heather was a young adult, she has some responsibility for her choices, but not death. She was never a match for the special kind of crazy evil that was TM and her puppet boy. Both of them must both be convicted and never heard from again.

Well Marg, yes here we are. Just like so many other cases close to our hearts. But this one I crave justice for. Heather was a young adult, she has some responsibility for her choices, but not death. She was never a match for the special kind of crazy evil that was TM and her puppet boy. Both of them must both be convicted and never heard from again.

Well said, Knox. Indeed.

Nothing more to add here, just awaiting the day for the retrial and also that of the MRS.

I am really glad there will be a retrial (hoping for a better outcome this time!) but just fear if they don't do a change of venue, how many people truly haven't paid attention to the first trial? I know that is what the questionnaires are for and that some people really don't pay attention to local news, crimes, happenings, but still .. I hope justice for Heather comes swiftly!!

Nothing more to add here, just awaiting the day for the retrial and also that of the MRS.

I am really glad there will be a retrial (hoping for a better outcome this time!) but just fear if they don't do a change of venue, how many people truly haven't paid attention to the first trial? I know that is what the questionnaires are for and that some people really don't pay attention to local news, crimes, happenings, but still .. I hope justice for Heather comes swiftly!!
My in-laws live minutes from the Moorers, and they weren't aware of the trial. I visit MB many times every year, and always try to get a local feel by asking if Heather had been found yet. More often than not, no one knows what I am talking about. I hate to admit it, but I'm not always as educated about trials in my area, mostly because I'm on national news sites and of course WS.
But, when I do find someone who knows about Heather missing, they always say pointedly that the Moorers are guilty of killing her, but I read the news comments and see some comments that disagree.

My in-laws live minutes from the Moorers, and they weren't aware of the trial. I visit MB many times every year, and always try to get a local feel by asking if Heather had been found yet. More often than not, no one knows what I am talking about. I hate to admit it, but I'm not always as educated about trials in my area, mostly because I'm on national news sites and of course WS.
But, when I do find someone who knows about Heather missing, they always say pointedly that the Moorers are guilty of killing her, but I read the news comments and see some comments that disagree.

IMO the news comments; FB comments; etc.... are made by TM's fake accounts/profiles. Mom & sis & a few other close family may help but I think most of it comes from TM's inner circle.

I suspected as much. 5 months incarceration in jail ≠ necessarily 5 months to be served. I'd be surprised if he spent all of 3 months behind bars. But at least he got jail time, which is better than just the verbal slap on the wrist I had thought he might get from his buddy, the judge.

Is the contempt of court charge in place or the same as the obstruction of justice charge?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now I feel bad for the rant I went on, lol.:blushing: That's why he's the judge and I'm a sideline spectator.
I think they quoted the former deputy solicitor as saying that? Not the Judge?

WMBF News now just said on the 11 o'clock news he could get out as early as 3 weeks.
If that's the case, who could blame him for violating the gag order? He gets a 3-week break from TM. Totally worth it. :gaah:

If that's the case, who could blame him for violating the gag order? He gets a 3-week break from TM. Totally worth it. :gaah:

Too funny, thanks for the giggle.

I do feel that the judge should consider a change in venue (key word being 'consider')...his points are valid - the trial was televised and on YouTube for all to see. But given that in the last trial, Truslow's buddy's saying his friendship would not bias him...I guess all he needs to do is find 12 jurors who also feel any news about the trial would not bias them. Why apply 2 different measurement methodologies? I think the judge should consider but will likely determine no venue change necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From WMBF News tonight: Jury questionnaires are due back tomorrow (8/15/16). The Judge wants to look them over before he makes a decision whether jurors are picked from Horry County or if jurors from another county need to be brought in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298