MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 24 June 2016 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If SM is still in jail as of Monday, will he have to attend trial in his prison garb?

A defendant never has to attend the guilt phase his/her trial in prison garb.

I don't know that anyone expected Sidney to have ended up back in jail that day...does anyone think it was a maneuver? Maybe to give him time (and distance) from Tammy so he can reconsider turning on her? Kind of like reminding him of what it was like to be locked up and that this is his last chance to come clean(?) Here I go with my wishful thinking again. :)

Sent from my LG-K428 using Tapatalk

I don't know that anyone expected Sidney to have ended up back in jail that day...does anyone think it was a maneuver? Maybe to give him time (and distance) from Tammy so he can reconsider turning on her? Kind of like reminding him of what it was like to be locked up and that this is his last chance to come clean(?) Here I go with my wishful thinking again. :)

I wish this were true, but I think it's wishful thinking like yous said. I just don't think the Moorers think they are going to be found guilty.

I thought maybe this right before he went in. But then I remembered he was in there already for quite some time and never uttered a word. You never know what he is thinking. Maybe this time he will come clean.

It's awfully quiet in both MSM and SM since SM was hauled off to jail. No pictures of the Mrs. visiting him??

It's awfully quiet in both MSM and SM since SM was hauled off to jail. No pictures of the Mrs. visiting him??

TM is being anything but quiet on SM. She's just not using her real name in her postings.

TM is being anything but quiet on SM. She's just not using her real name in her postings.

Ahh, where's that?? I can't seem to find the Unofficial Monopoly page since SM went into the slammer.

Maybe since tourist season hasn't quite finished, they are keeping this ugliness quiet(?) You would think it would warrant at least a sidebar story, here and there. It is strange, I agree.

Maybe Mrs is not calling or visiting by thinking LE will be videoing and listening to every word, every action.
I'm sure that a secret pact was created between them. JMOO

Dennis said he wants to review the questionnaires from potential jurors that were already sent out to see if a change of venue is also needed.

"We need to be sure somebody doesn't want to try to get on the jury to perform something, to perform an act, and folks, that cuts both ways," Judge Dennis said.

Dennis said he wants to review those questionnaires because the community watched the first trial and he wants to "make sure someone doesn't just want to get on jury as an act."
http://wpde.com/news/local/attorney-changes-for-moorer-could-delay-retrial

Does anyone else see the irony in the above quote from Dennis? Every time he opens his mouth, I shake my head.
Makes me wonder if he may be in the early stages of dementia or alzheimers (not being a smart azz, I'm serious).
HE hand picked the last jury that resulted in the mistrial! Did he not carefully read the jury questionnaires previously? Did he not carefully consider the ramifications of seating a juror who was friends with the defense attorney, which might cause him "to act" differently than a juror who did not know Truslow?

Mind boggling!!

attachment.php

Attachments

• hand.jpg
    hand.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 279
Has a new trial date been set for SM? Has a date been set for TM?

Does anyone else see the irony in the above quote from Dennis? Every time he opens his mouth, I shake my head.
Makes me wonder if he may be in the early stages of dementia or alzheimers (not being a smart azz, I'm serious).
HE hand picked the last jury that resulted in the mistrial! Did he not carefully read the jury questionnaires previously? Did he not carefully consider the ramifications of seating a juror who was friends with the defense attorney, which might cause him "to act" differently than a juror who did not know Truslow?

We watched him "hand pick" that jury and he wanted to rush through jury selection. I don't think it even lasted a day and he was antsy to get it over with, yelling at the prosecutor whenever she wanted a potential jury member to step down. He never looked at the questionnaires (at least he never came forward and said he did), nor did he go through more than a handful of people before finalizing the jury. He was disrespectful by not going through those 800 questionnaires that took a month to process and dismissing, oh say, friends of plaintiff's counsel at the onset?? That person should never have even been in the courtroom let alone sit on a jury.

Has a new trial date been set for SM? Has a date been set for TM?

No and more nos. :(

<snip>

It seems possible that he didn't think this case would have any eyes on it in addition to the involved parties. Maybe helping an old school chum's family wouldn't be noticed. Possibly it had been done with others in the past to no issue. I don't think dementia, but possibly cronyism could be to blame.

It's possible this case was hotter than he'd ever experienced and maybe before not removing himself and his picking a "random" jury including a friend of the accused's side had never been questioned before. Maybe since there is a lazer beam on Heather's case he is not worried that what happened is seen as collusion, how could it be he's an honorable gentleman, but that people could get the idea that they could possibly place someone on the jury. And because of this he must research every person to make sure this trial is fair.

Please mods remove the following if not allowed. I am sorry for thinking this but with the prosecucion not balking at anything, is it possible they were okay with letting it happen the way it did?

Wouldn't one expect them to balk at the judge and juror having ties and the rest?? Is it possible that the things during trial that people were scratching their heads about were intentional? Not saying they were but is it possible?

My goodness! This is the South! We are gentlemen! We do things with honor and if this "randomly picked" person who just happens to be the first cousin of the accused says that they are impartial, bygum I believe them! Tisk tisk, I am a highly educated man and well respected. Don't you think I would be able to tell if this person were being dishonest? Come now, lets saunder to the veranda for chat and mint julips, it's getting a bit warm out here.

The previous dialog is a fragment of my imagination and any resemblance to anyone, either living or not, is merely coincidence.

This is not a run of the mill kidnapping trial. This ties into a missing person, Heather Elvis, as well as a murder trial. The prosecussion needs to connect that to make sure they are treated fairly and able to help pick a jury. That means interviewing the jurors themselves.

Heather could be shining a light on more than just that family. Thank you Heather for shining a light on a system that might need light shown on it. Please know that I'm not thinking everyone, not even most in the system. Just a couple bad apples can spoil the whole barrel.

Also about that family, it is interesting how it seems their belief system and religion changed after they were suspect's.

Goodness sakes.

And all of the above is just my opinion of course.

"Balking at the judge" is a slippery slope. Judges can (and sometimes do) take out their ire and hurt egos on the side that is trying to go over them, get them recused, or other things that are done.

So then the state would be left with an even worse problem -- a judge that is already inclined to find fault with and humiliate the female solicitor(s), and then a really pissed off judge who will not take kindly to being forced to do or not do anything. The defense would have had an easier time of it than the state, but this judge is a loose cannon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298