MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 24 June 2016 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the update! We will probably have a court date after the new year.

I looked up Georgetown County and it's the county just south of Myrtle Beach. I don't think that is far enough away, but hoping for Justice for Heather!

Thanks for the update! We will probably have a court date after the new year.

I looked up Georgetown County and it's the county just south of Myrtle Beach. I don't think that is far enough away, but hoping for Justice for Heather!

I agree. Georgetown is so close, why bother to move.

Terry Elvis, the father of Heather Elvis, released the following statement regarding the change of venue:

'That decision the judge has made, in essence to me, says that Judge Dennis believes the people in Horry County can’t be trusted to dispense justice. I believe they can. However, the first time, the judge allowed a friend of the defense attorney to sit on the jury, even though there was a motion from the solicitor’s office that he be removed for cause. I don’t believe Horry County is so empty of people that are unbiased that they can’t seat a jury. I’d have rather seen him at least try to seat a jury than to make a decision based on what he’d seen online and what he’d seen from the jury polls that were sent out. I think the citizens of Horry County came really close to dispensing justice, but there was an immovable block in their way that should have never been allowed. Moving this to Georgetown won’t solve anything; the same media outlets exist. Regardless, this is a huge inconvenience for everyone. Horry County will have to travel. The people of Georgetown County are well familiar with the facts of the case, just like everybody else is, and no matter where you seat a jury, guilty is guilty.'

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/33671...orgetown-county-after-change-of-venue-granted

This is essentially like moving it across the street.

I'm still not sure how a friend of the defense holding out equaled a win for the defense or SM. If I were the defendant or the defense atty, the last thing I would want to risk is a second trial in any venue.

This is the county Brittanee Drexler is believed to have been killed in. Wonder what kind of jury they'll pull up here?

I've never heard of a Judge relying even in part, on what was posted on social media? I'd love to see the jury questionnaire.

"Horry County, S.C. (WPDE) —*Police are investigating an attempted murder case after a family member of Heather Elvis was shot at near their Horry County home Wednesday night, according to a police report."

Snip

"The victim, whose name is redacted from the report but is listed as "he," told police he was taking out his trash and heard popping sounds when he reached the end of his driveway."

Shots fired outside home of Heather Elvis
http://wpde.com/news/local/father-of-heather-elvis-shot-at-near-his-home

The Missing Pieces Network was also integral in bringing Autumn Sanville home this past October. I have directed someone who works for the Missing Pieces Network to Heather's case and they are currently working on a flyer!

"Horry County, S.C. (WPDE) —*Police are investigating an attempted murder case after a family member of Heather Elvis was shot at near their Horry County home Wednesday night, according to a police report."

Snip

"The victim, whose name is redacted from the report but is listed as "he," told police he was taking out his trash and heard popping sounds when he reached the end of his driveway."

http://wpde.com/news/local/father-of-heather-elvis-shot-at-near-his-home

What the hell???

BY WPDE THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 10TH 2016

Horry County, S.C. (WPDE) — Police are investigating an attempted murder case after a family member of Heather Elvis was shot at near their Horry County home Wednesday night, according to a police report.

Police were called to an address off Sly Fox Trail in the Socastee area in reference to a shooting at around 10 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 9. The address is listed as the home of the Elvis family.

The victim, whose name is redacted from the report but is listed as "he," told police he was taking out his trash and heard popping sounds when he reached the end of his driveway.

[...]

Police did find four holes in the trash can, according to the report.

please please please let LE find the Ms actually tried to do something this incredibly stupid! I'd be A-OK with attempted murder tacked on to his pending charges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, really? That's insane, I hope someone has security video and the person is caught!

It has recently been reported by numerous news sources, WMBF and WPDE to name a few, that human remains, bones to be exact, were found at 8 am in the Myrtle Beach area. The bones are reported to be male?

I'm not quite sure what to make of this latest "episode". Not to take it lightly, but I feel a bit skeptical with little details to go on. Just speculating here, so disregard if you want.

According to the victim, the vehicle was seen on Recreation Rd.. The number of suspects is unknown.

Now, assuming that it was just one suspect. If the suspect was firing a gun while driving and from South to North on Sly Fox Trail, s(he) would have to have been firing through the passenger side window. This could explain why no shell casings were found.

If two suspects were involved, then the passenger could have fired from the passenger side driving from South to North, but would most likely point the gun out the window and shell casings would have easily been found (unless the gun was a revolver of course).

The residential road is very narrow, so I can't understand why the victim wouldn't have been able to identify the suspect or the vehicle in this scenario. Or, how they would even still be alive to speak about it for that matter – begin shot at from such a close distance.

It's quite possible that the shots came from the direction of Recreation Rd., assuming again that the vehicle that was seen by the victim was the suspect's. But, 4 holes in the trash can from that distance is quite remarkable. Especially since it was so dark according to the victim.

So, unless a revolver was used, shell casings should have been found. That street is super-clean and would easily be found IMO.

Thinking back to when the M's said they were being shot at on the highway heading to Georgetown... I've always thought how easy it would have been to confirm/deny their accusation by finding the shotgun shells where the incident purportedly took place.

To note: Sly Fox Trail dead ends and there are no alternate roads out back onto Recreation Rd. then HWY 707.

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/crime/article113905618.html

Slightly interesting, but probably nothing... when I did a quick map search of Sly Fox Trail, I noticed a business in the area called: Concealed Weapons Permits LLC. Google Map Search

The timing of this incident also concerns me a little.

JMOO :moo:

too coincidental .... the night a new venue was announced?!?!

too coincidental .... the night a new venue was announced?!?!

But it was also after Terry Elvis released this statement...

"That decision the judge has made, in essence to me, says that Judge Dennis believes the people in Horry County can’t be trusted to dispense justice. I believe they can. However, the first time, the judge allowed a friend of the defense attorney to sit on the jury, even though there was a motion from the solicitor’s office that he be removed for cause. I don’t believe Horry County is so empty of people that are unbiased that they can’t seat a jury. I’d have rather seen him at least try to seat a jury than to make a decision based on what he’d seen online and what he’d seen from the jury polls that were sent out. I think the citizens of Horry County came really close to dispensing justice, but there was an immovable block in their way that should have never been allowed. Moving this to Georgetown won’t solve anything; the same media outlets exist. Regardless, this is a huge inconvenience for everyone. Horry County will have to travel.
The people of Georgetown County are well familiar with the facts of the case, just like everybody else is, and no matter where you seat a jury, guilty is guilty."

http://m.kfvs12.com/kfvs12/db_383321/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=7FMLGaht

Now, assuming that it was just one suspect. If the suspect was firing a gun while driving and from South to North on Sly Fox Trail, s(he) would have to have been firing through the passenger side window. This could explain why no shell casings were found.

If two suspects were involved, then the passenger could have fired from the passenger side driving from South to North, but would most likely point the gun out the window and shell casings would have easily been found (unless the gun was a revolver of course).

It's quite possible that the shots came from the direction of Recreation Rd., assuming again that the vehicle that was seen by the victim was the suspect's. But, 4 holes in the trash can from that distance is quite remarkable. Especially since it was so dark according to the victim.

So, unless a revolver was used, shell casings should have been found. That street is super-clean and would easily be found IMO.

The timing of this incident also concerns me a little.

JMOO :moo:

SBM for focus...

I don't know if that's necessarily true about the shell casings. If they were shooting from inside the car, they wouldn't need to point the gun out the window if they knew what they were doing. That could be why they missed their target. Or, like you mentioned, maybe they had a revolver.

I know for a fact that it was pitch black out, as early as 6:30 pm last night. I left my parent's house around that time, and most of the residential neighborhoods in Socastee don't have adequate lighting. It wouldn't surprise me if he couldn't make out the vehicle or how many people were in it. I know if bullets were flying at me, I'd be too busy running for cover to notice much of anything. But, that's just me.

I drove by Socastee High School yesterday and noticed that the HE banner is no longer hanging on the fence in front of the school.

https://goo.gl/xw849V

It was starting to look ratty though IMO.

In it's place are a bunch of "corporate sponsors" banners.

The banner needs to go back up. I'm game if we can get funds together to get a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298