MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 24 June 2016 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not quite sure what to make of this latest "episode". Not to take it lightly, but I feel a bit skeptical with little details to go on. Just speculating here, so disregard if you want.

According to the victim, the vehicle was seen on Recreation Rd.. The number of suspects is unknown.

Now, assuming that it was just one suspect. If the suspect was firing a gun while driving and from South to North on Sly Fox Trail, s(he) would have to have been firing through the passenger side window. This could explain why no shell casings were found.

If two suspects were involved, then the passenger could have fired from the passenger side driving from South to North, but would most likely point the gun out the window and shell casings would have easily been found (unless the gun was a revolver of course).

The residential road is very narrow, so I can't understand why the victim wouldn't have been able to identify the suspect or the vehicle in this scenario. Or, how they would even still be alive to speak about it for that matter – begin shot at from such a close distance.

It's quite possible that the shots came from the direction of Recreation Rd., assuming again that the vehicle that was seen by the victim was the suspect's. But, 4 holes in the trash can from that distance is quite remarkable. Especially since it was so dark according to the victim.

So, unless a revolver was used, shell casings should have been found. That street is super-clean and would easily be found IMO.

Thinking back to when the M's said they were being shot at on the highway heading to Georgetown... I've always thought how easy it would have been to confirm/deny their accusation by finding the shotgun shells where the incident purportedly took place.

To note: Sly Fox Trail dead ends and there are no alternate roads out back onto Recreation Rd. then HWY 707.

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/crime/article113905618.html

Slightly interesting, but probably nothing... when I did a quick map search of Sly Fox Trail, I noticed a business in the area called: Concealed Weapons Permits LLC. Google Map Search

The timing of this incident also concerns me a little.

JMOO :moo:

To be completely honest, I'm skeptic of ALL of the firearm related incidents tied to this case.

Are there any other males living at the address other than Heather's father?

What reason would someone want Terry Elvis dead, assuming that is who was shot at? Writing an article, voicing his opinion is not going to change one thing in this retrial. The inconvenience of the move will not sway one juror. IMO.

To be completely honest, I'm skeptic of ALL of the firearm related incidents tied to this case.

I've generally been skeptical of them too, but I'm not as sure about this one. I just don't see what purpose it would serve at this juncture.

The earlier reports from the Elvis family (if fabricated) may have been filed to get LE to speed things up. If that's what he was hoping for, it worked. Because the Ms were arrested shortly after they began filing similar reports themselves.

But now...
the Ms are awaiting trial, live in FL, are being monitored, and have been ordered to remain outside a 5 mile radius of their home. So, I don't really understand what someone would hope to accomplish by making up this story. Nevertheless, it's weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've generally been skeptical of them too, but I'm not as sure about this one. I just don't see what purpose it would serve at this juncture.

The earlier reports from the Elvis family (if fabricated) may have been filed to get LE to speed things up. If that's what he was hoping for, it worked. Because the Ms were arrested shortly after they began filing similar reports themselves.

But now...
the Ms are awaiting trial, live in FL, are being monitored, and have been ordered to remain outside a 5 mile radius of their home. So, I don't really understand what someone would hope to accomplish by making up this story. Nevertheless, it's weird.

I guess this one does have actual evidence of a shooting (bullet holes in trash can) whereas when the Moorers were allegedly shot at on the highway there was nothing to back it up. Surely TE's neighbors heard gunshots, right?

I guess this one does have actual evidence of a shooting (bullet holes in trash can) whereas when the Moorers were allegedly shot at on the highway there was nothing to back it up. Surely TE's neighbors heard gunshots, right?

I've wondered that too. Surely they interviewed them... I would think. I think the media only has information from the initial police report to go off of right now, and they probably just happened upon that while they were scrolling through the Horry County crime map for possible news stories. That was my interpretation anyway. (They could only confirm that a male called 9-1-1 from a residence owned by Terry Elvis.) That might also explain why the article was so weak in the details department, to put it mildly.

This is the county Brittanee Drexler is believed to have been killed in. Wonder what kind of jury they'll pull up here?
I thought it was believed she was killed in McClellanville. If so, that's actually Charleston County (south of Georgetown).

State files motion to reconsider moving Moorer trial to Georgetown County
WBTW News Staff
Published: November 14, 2016, 2:32 pm Updated: November 14, 2016, 3:19 pm

CONWAY, SC (WBTW) – The 15th Judicial Circuit Solicitor’s Office has filed a request for a change of venue in the Sidney Moorer trial.

According to court documents, Deputy Solicitor Nancy Livesay filed the motion on Nov. 10, just one day after Judge Markley Dennis issued an order to move the second trial against Moorer to Georgetown County.

According to the order, the venue was changed on Nov. 9 from Horry County to Georgetown County and the jury will also be selected from Georgetown County. There’s no word as to when the judge will make his decision.

[...]
I really don't see the State getting the judge to change his mind as we all know how bull-headed he is.:denied:

I really feel for Heather's parents. This whole legal process has been a circus. I didn't think anyone could be more bizarre than Syd & Tammy, but JMD appears to be cut from the same cloth.

I wish the motion could be heard by another Judge. We all saw the low regard he had for the State in the mistrial. No way is he going to reconsider the the move to GC.

I really feel for Heather's parents. This whole legal process has been a circus. I didn't think anyone could be more bizarre than Syd & Tammy, but JMD appears to be cut from the same cloth.

I wish the motion could be heard by another Judge. We all saw the low regard he had for the State in the mistrial. No way is he going to reconsider the the move to GC.

Whenever I read the news story, I thought that there is no way is no way Judge D is going to allow that , and all that did was to anger him more against the state. Now the case is probably a sure win for the Ms.

State files motion to reconsider moving Moorer trial to Georgetown County
WBTW News Staff
Published: November 14, 2016, 2:32 pm Updated: November 14, 2016, 3:19 pm

CONWAY, SC (WBTW) – The 15th Judicial Circuit Solicitor’s Office has filed a request for a change of venue in the Sidney Moorer trial.

According to court documents, Deputy Solicitor Nancy Livesay filed the motion on Nov. 10, just one day after Judge Markley Dennis issued an order to move the second trial against Moorer to Georgetown County.

According to the order, the venue was changed on Nov. 9 from Horry County to Georgetown County and the jury will also be selected from Georgetown County. There’s no word as to when the judge will make his decision.

[...]
I really don't see the State getting the judge to change his mind as we all know how bull-headed he is.:denied:

All JMO
The only thing I could figure is the judge is trying to move it to be closer to where he lives in Berkley county (if he still lives in Moncks Corner) and yet give the illusion that he is doing it to avoid trial publicity.

"Judge Dennis returned to Moncks Corner upon his graduation from law school"

http://m.sccourts.org/circuitCourt/displaycirjudge.cfm?judgeid=2060

Below is a county map showing where Horry, Georgetown, and Berkley counties are. They are all right there together. You can click and drag around on the county map. Go south of Horry county

I have no faith in this judge and I still cannot believe he was not recused himself as well as that juror that was a friend of the defense.

IMO this judge has a knack for trying to make things look impartial when doing the complete opposite.

https://www.maptechnica.com/county-map/Horry/SC/45051

I agree. Georgetown is so close, why bother to move.

The good judge (ahem, that's sarcasm) wants to make it easy on himself to continue to litigate this trial, while giving the Defense what they asked for (change of venue) and the illusion of a more fair county.

The Solicitor's office said months ago in their motion that Georgetown is subject to the exact same news coverage as Horry County, which was one of the big arguments used (news coverage) as a reason the trial needed to be moved.

I don't disagree with change of venue, but Georgetown? yeah, why bother?

The good judge (ahem, that's sarcasm) wants to make it easy on himself to continue to litigate this trial, while giving the Defense what they asked for (change of venue) and the illusion of a more fair county.

The Solicitor's office said months ago in their motion that Georgetown is subject to the exact same news coverage as Horry County, which was one of the big arguments used (news coverage) as a reason the trial needed to be moved.

I don't disagree with change of venue, but Georgetown? yeah, why bother?

I think you are right about making it easier on himself. This judge has done nothing but to make this case unfair. Why he is still the judge after all the things he has pulled that is so unfair to this case. 1. He knew S dad from school. 2.He won`t let the state present a lot of issues,probably because Donna is a woman. 3. He shook Sid`s hand........why would he even do that? 4. He let a former friend ( attorney ) sit in on the jury. He thinks that he is above and beyond what anyone else thinks or feels. It is his way or no way. Moving this trial will not make any difference. The Moorer`s will be set free because that is what Judge D wants.

According to court documents, the 15th Judicial Circuit Solicitor’s Office has filed for a change of venue to move the venue from Georgetown County back to Horry County. The trial was moved to Georgetown with a Nov. 9 ruling, and the motion to change it back was filed Nov. 10.

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/crime/article114687338.html

bbm

I do not think the folks on this forum made it up.
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/remove-markley-dennis
"Thirdly, a disturbing fact has been brought to our attention this week by the Horry County Solicitors office that causes our family to have a large amount to distrust in the ability of Judge Markley Dennis to be fair and impartial on this case. It has been revealed that Judge Markley Dennis was a schoolmate of the defendant's father ( Sidney Moorer ). They went to the same school in a much smaller town of Summerville South Carolina area. "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298