MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 24 June 2016 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:happydance:

A flurry of motions filed in the case show Sidney Moorer’s attorneys are wanting to suppress evidence that may be used to support the charge or other accusations that he kidnapped and murdered Heather.

On Thursday, Moorer’s attorneys filed a motion to quash the indictment that accuses him of obstructing and hindering justice in the case for two days after Heather was reported missing.

On Friday, Moorer’s defense team also filed a motion to suppress two video-recorded statements Moorer made to police during their investigation. The first one was recorded on dashcam video on Dec. 20, 2013. The second one was recorded at the police station on Dec. 21, 2013. Both dates coincide with the dates on Moorer’s indictment for the obstruction of justice charge.

His attorneys argue those statements were just reporting “hearsay” and were given in violation of Moorer’s Miranda rights.

A third motion, also filed on Friday, asks the court for an order “suppressing testimony and evidence” of any other alleged crimes, namely any evidence supporting Moorer’s kidnapping charge or his initial murder charge in the case.

“This has been a highly publicized case,” Moorer’s attorney said in the motion. “If such evidence was introduced, the jury could make the mistake of deciding the case on an improper basis, such as an emotional basis.”

The motions have not yet been argued in court.

His obstruction of justice trial will be held in Horry County.

The state plans to retry him on the kidnapping charge in a new trial in Georgetown County later this year.

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/crime/article163485968.html

BBM
Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah...

I would loveeee to know what was said during the two statements that his attorneys are trying to suppress as heresy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

December 20: Video of Sidney Moorer speaking with Horry County police for about 10 minutes around 2:15 a.m. Dec. 20, 2013, at the end of Moorer’s driveway was also shown in court, and Moorer was not a suspect at that time police questioned him then. The video was from a body camera worn by Kenneth Canterbury, an Horry County police officer who took the stand Tuesday. In the video, Moorer said he didn’t go to Peachtree Boat Landing and said he had ended his involvement with Elvis. "I'm trying to fix things with my wife. … I'm not denying it. I'm saying I ended it,” Moorer could be heard saying on the video, which had poor quality.

http://www.thestate.com/news/state/south-carolina/article85207877.html

December 21: Moorer was called to the police department where he was questioned again and gave a statement to police.

http://wpde.com/news/local/trial-se...onnection-with-disappearance-of-heather-elvis

December 20: Video of Sidney Moorer speaking with Horry County police for about 10 minutes around 2:15 a.m. Dec. 20, 2013, at the end of Moorer’s driveway was also shown in court, and Moorer was not a suspect at that time police questioned him then. The video was from a body camera worn by Kenneth Canterbury, an Horry County police officer who took the stand Tuesday. In the video, Moorer said he didn’t go to Peachtree Boat Landing and said he had ended his involvement with Elvis. "I'm trying to fix things with my wife. … I'm not denying it. I'm saying I ended it,” Moorer could be heard saying on the video, which had poor quality.

http://www.thestate.com/news/state/south-carolina/article85207877.html

December 21: Moorer was called to the police department where he was questioned again and gave a statement to police.

http://wpde.com/news/local/trial-se...onnection-with-disappearance-of-heather-elvis

That could actually be a true statement, if you put in the perspective that he set Heather up, she got in the truck and Tammy was driving, Tammy harmed Heather.
Therefore, Sidney didn't go, didn't harm Heather and fixed it with his wife... Do you understand what I'm saying..
One thing I've learned with these two, is they are liars, believe their lies and can twist things to suit themselves.

MOO

Did his attorney try to quash his December 20th testimony during the kidnapping trial?

If so, obviously the judge denied it, but I wonder why he wants to suppress it now.

What Tammy has posted about her kids' struggles is indeed sad. But, Tammy, this is what happens when you first murder an innocent person then blab your big mouth all over social media for months and months. YOU caused the pain for your kids. Nobody else. Just own it.

What Tammy has posted about her kids' struggles is indeed sad. But, Tammy, this is what happens when you first murder an innocent person then blab your big mouth all over social media for months and months. YOU caused the pain for your kids. Nobody else. Just own it.

She states she wants to protect her children, but is the one always putting them in the spotlight on social media.
Special kind of crazy that TM ...

CONWAY, SC (WMBF) – Tammy Moorer, the woman charged with kidnapping missing woman Heather Elvis, is scheduled to appear in court on Monday for a contempt of court hearing.

The hearing is to determine if Moorer is in violation of the gag order placed on this case, according to officials at the court clerk’s office. The hearing is scheduled for 11 a.m. No other details on the hearing were made available by court officials.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/35988...in-court-monday-for-contempt-of-court-hearing

She's violated the order so many times, which one are they going to use?

She states she wants to protect her children, but is the one always putting them in the spotlight on social media.

BBM
This could take forever, I bet they draw straws. :jail:

It's hard to say exactly, but I recall there was a time when official documents were leaked, search warrants to be exact, when they never should have been due to the gag order. Maybe that's what this is about?

I can't wait. I hope they lock her up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What time is court tomorrow? I need to set my alarm. (this would perhaps sound odd to the outsider but I know you all are with me in wanting to know what goes on in real time.)

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

What time is court tomorrow? I need to set my alarm. (this would perhaps sound odd to the outsider but I know you all are with me in wanting to know what goes on in real time.)

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

Upthread it said 11 a.m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members