MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 24 June 2016 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://wbtw.com/2017/04/12/records-...ney-moorer-does-not-face-new-criminal-charge/

Looks like the original charges were amended. No new charges....

[FONT=&amp]
The newly filed, adjusted indictment against Moorer expands the timeline of when the alleged kidnapper intentionally hindered the investigation into finding Elvis. Court documents filed March 23, 2017, state “December 20, 2013 thru December 21, 2013” as the dates Moorer acted in a way that brought on the obstruction of justice charge. The new indictment tacks on an additional day of potentially unlawful action by Moorer and also removes the name of a former Horry County detective who has since been indicted on six counts of misconduct in office and five counts of criminal sexual conduct third degree
.[/FONT]

http://wbtw.com/2017/04/12/records-...ney-moorer-does-not-face-new-criminal-charge/

Looks like the original charges were amended. No new charges....

[FONT=&].[/FONT]

I cannot believe this case sometimes. Most of the time. All of the time.

From the article:

"The newly filed, adjusted indictment against Moorer expands the timeline of when the alleged kidnapper intentionally hindered the investigation into finding Elvis. Court documents filed March 23, 2017, state “December 20, 2013 thru December 21, 2013” as the dates Moorer acted in a way that brought on the obstruction of justice charge. The new indictment tacks on an additional day of potentially unlawful action by Moorer and also removes the name of a former Horry County detective who has since been indicted on six counts of misconduct in office and five counts of criminal sexual conduct third degree."

BBM
Note, the article from WMBF states the following. “That Sidney Moorer did in Horry County on or about December 20, 2013 through December 21, 2013, intentionally do an act which prevented, obstructed, impeded, or hindered the administration of justice, in violation of the Common Law offense of Obstruction of Justice.”

Note, the 21st is mentioned. On the 21st, Sidney Moorer purchased a new surveillance system from Sam's club. In addition on the 20th, PTL was searched. However, if I had to take a guess the obstruction is related to the disappearance of the old surveillance system and the purchase of the new one. Someone has been busy changing time and date stamps on old facebook posts to try and show the old system never existed. Good luck with that because everything that has been posted on social media can be backed up by Facebook's servers and local ISP providers.

(Marking this to reflect upon.)

I really do wonder if they're trying to hang onto or boost their charges to build a better bridge to the kidnapping conviction they're after, and/or a potentially a renewed murder charge.

And if they're having a trial in May, they're sure being quiet about it.

I don't get it, but then I never got the 'everything happened at PTL in a flash' either.

Some other lie they found they might have overlooked since the other OOJ charge was removed. They're probably combing back through all the various notes and police interviews to see if anything was missed and they found something. One (new) lie is all it takes for a charge.

Where is this going or is another dismissal on the horizon?

not sure if this was ever posted, article from April 12th this year:

A former Horry County detective who was indicted on numerous criminal charges last year has been eliminated as a witness to an obstruction of justice charge against Sidney Moorer.

Moorer was facing a new charge for obstruction. But on Wednesday, listings in the Horry County Public Index were updated to reflect that Moorer will not be prosecuted on an original obstruction charge filed in 2014.

The new indictment removed former Horry County Detective Allen Large from a witness list.

Large, who was a senior detective with the Horry County Police Department, was indicted by a grand jury on five counts of criminal sexual conduct. He also faces five civil lawsuits filed by women identified only as Jane Does who say he sexually harassed or assaulted them.

Moorer was indicted on the amended charge on March 23.

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/crime/article144256754.html

more on Large:

http://www.thestate.com/news/state/south-carolina/article144743909.html

A court gag order prohibits Richardson from commenting on the Elvis case, but he did say that Large’s termination has impacted how his office prosecuted other cases that were assigned to Large or still pending when the detective was fired.

Large was never called to testify in the case against Sidney Moorer, who is accused of kidnapping Elvis, and he won’t be called to testify in the obstruction of justice charge Moorer also faces in the investigation of her disappearance.

I really do wonder if they're trying to hang onto or boost their charges to build a better bridge to the kidnapping conviction they're after, and/or a potentially a renewed murder charge.

And if they're having a trial in May, they're sure being quiet about it.

I don't get it, but then I never got the 'everything happened at PTL in a flash' either.

So no word on a trial date??

So no word on a trial date??

HaHaHaHaHaHa*sigh*HaHaHaHaHaHa*sigh*HaHaHaHaHaHaNOHaHaHaHaHaHa*sigh*HaHaHaHaHaHa*sigh*HaHaHaHaHaHa*sigh*!!!

Oy vey mama, not laughing at you, Harmony2.

Uncontrolled laughter is better than crying sometimes. :laughcry:

HaHaHaHaHaHa*sigh*HaHaHaHaHaHa*sigh*HaHaHaHaHaHaNOHaHaHaHaHaHa*sigh*HaHaHaHaHaHa*sigh*HaHaHaHaHaHa*sigh*!!!

Oy vey mama, not laughing at you, Harmony2.

Uncontrolled laughter is better than crying sometimes. :laughcry:

I get where your coming from about the ridiculous delays but for me it is more anger and frustration...

I get where your coming from about the ridiculous delays but for me it is more anger and frustration...

Very understandable, Harmony, too bad we can do nothing bout it.
Heather and her family are way past due for justice, and the Moorers should be locked up forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still nothing??

TIA! :seeya:

The Mrs. was on a posting rampage last night.

She usually does this when she gets bad news, according to the MCD FB page.

New WMBF report and statement from TE.

One year after hung jury, both sides await new trial date for Sidney Moorer

Sadly, this case has gone cold. :coldcase:

Not quite sure how it will regain traction unless something new comes to the surface.

“It’s been a lot longer that we had hoped for, it’s been a lot longer than the judge suggested it would be,” said Terry Elvis, Heather Elvis’ father. “I’m very disappointed in the delay, but I’m hopeful that it’s in God’s plan to take this long so more answers will come, instead of questions. “So, we’re putting our energy in faith.”

“I know that the solicitor’s office is working very hard to move forward with the various aspects of the legal part of the case,” Debbi Elvis said Friday. “We have faith in them, that they will keep pressing on until justice is served.”

“Despite the legal steps, there’s no resolution until we find Heather and find out what happened to her, and all guilty parties are held accountable for the inhuman and incomprehensible deeds that have yet to be paid for,” Terry Elvis said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298